Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Calibration problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donr

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Calibration problems Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all
I have been trying to calibrate my 4000G Ampro for correct gray scale and color using Kal's guide and help from here
I got a cheap spyder off ebay and used HCFR ver. 2.1. Now my pj had great color until the amp card on the blue tube went south about 1 month ago. Curt sent me another one. Since I changed it, I can't seem to get a nice picture. Everyone has a red face and the whites have a pink tint to them. Now, I manage to do a great gray scale setup using the probe, guide and HCFR. All except 0 IRE have a deltaE under 10 with 6 of the readings under 3. I set it up for + - 13 ftL at 100 IRE. Visually, using Avia, DVD essential and HD and AVSHD, all look great. I don't think I ever had such a linear gray scale. Unfortunately, that is it. I f I only wanted to watch a test disk, this would be great. I did not perform the primaries or secondaries test since I can't adjust them anyway.
I realize the probe is not the greatest and have though about investing in an I1/2 unit. But what bugs me is the gray scale looks great. What will another probe do to correct color. And why was it right before replacing the amp card and now, I cant get anywhere near what I had before? What am I doing wrong?
Don
donr

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys
I really need a hand here. I have tried to dial in the colors with the G2 and drive pots and I can't seem to get anywhere.
Even if I had a bad meter, would this not throw off the gray scale so that it would look like crap. I am willing to buy a better colorimeter if I was sure that would help. Thanks again for your help.
Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: