Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HTPC Astigmatism test patterns

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incova

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: HTPC Astigmatism test patterns Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey gents not sure if this is the correct section to post this in but I will give it a go, I need some test patterns for astigmatism the H pattern and dot pattern are the ones I am looking for. Chip told me to use a external test pattern generator to do the astigmatism on my 4600, my generator has broken down I had a nice Quantum Data but now its dead when I need it typical.
I am assuming I can use my HTPC as a test pattern generator? So, anyone got some tets patterns I can have?

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote one a couple of years ago I use the Resolution pattern to set focus and cross hatch for convergence. It currently does not have dot pattern. Sad

The 1 line on 1 line off (Resolution), works good for checking the performance of your video chain.

Download Here!

Hotkeys:
S – double click Shows setup dialog box or
Page Up – Increase line intensity
Page Down – Decrease line intensity
R – Toggles Red on/off
G – Toggles Green on/off
B – Toggles Blue on/off
C – Toggles Center circles on/off
N – Toggles Corner circles on/off
D – Toggles Diagonal lines on/off
Esc – Exits program

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, this will be usefull anyway I have to admit its tough to get one for astig! Confused
CZ Eddie

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phillips Test Pattern generator has a dots test screen. I've attached it to this post.
incova

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: cool! Reply with quote

Thanks so much man, it has the H pattern as well! Smile
incova

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: hi again Reply with quote

I am using the programs but the h pattern and the dots just do not seem to be as bright or as useful to use as the internal patterns, you cannot use the dots to do astig as I cannot see the changes, should I use a extron unit which I have to give the HTPC signal a little boost or set the Ampro to boost the light output? Has anyone used this method for astig ?
cinema mad

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I am an authority on setting/optimizing astig, but since you asked Smile

I have only ever used the internal test patterns in the projector to optimize Astig with good results
but centering the adjustments in the projector first..

Cheers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: