Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Nvidia SHIELD Pro mediabox to Lumagen Vision HDP to Sony G90

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miikka79

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject: Nvidia SHIELD Pro mediabox to Lumagen Vision HDP to Sony G90 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

I´m trying to wake up old home theater of ours... Sony G90 has HDMI input card. Is there a way to get it working with NVIDIA Shield mediabox.

Here is the link to Nvidia mediabox

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/specs/

Appreciate any informarion.

Br,

Miikka
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I would imagine - as long as you set the source to 60 Hz (and not 24 hz such as is used for film) and keep the resolution reasonable (set it to 1080p and not 4k). What sort of problems are you having?

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you're probably probably asking how to incorporate the old Lumagen Vision HDP here right?

What are you using that Lumagen for on your setup? Back in the day when all sources required scalers it made sense, but not so much today... There are other features it offers of course like non-linear stretch, zooming, gamut correction, grayscale calibration, gamma calibration, etc. Problem is it doesn't have HDMI. How is it hooked up today given that you have an HDMI card in your Sony G90?

Kal

Miikka79

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I said wrong... The projector has SPATZ DVI input card on it... I remember this is to remove HDCP. Yes, I used it for scaling and also for switching different inputs... Now, I think I will only need this NVIDIA mediabox...
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only use the Lumagen Vision HDP for scaling and switching inputs? What sources do you have? How many require scaling?

I'd just go HDMI wherever possible and use a higher end HDMI card (like Moome's Sony HDMI card) and get rid of the Lumagen (if you can).

Kal

Miikka79

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, scaling and switching inputs.. I do not need anymore other than mediabox and dvd player. I just ordered Moomes HDMI card. And with this Moomes HDMI card I can connect both (mediabox and dvd) straight to G90 without Lumagen?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your DVD player and mediabox both have HDMI outputs, then yes. You can connect directly.

I recommend a Blu-ray player. Your DVD player (if it's newish) has a scaler built in but standard def DVD resolution is 6 times lower than Blu-ray.

Thank you for your order!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: