Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: Radiance Video Processor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVphile

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
CIR Engineering wrote:
AVphile wrote:
It is well stated that non "+" models cannot do full 1080p72 which requires about 190MHz pixel clock with CRT timings...

Also, 1080p 71.93Hz requires the Lumagen pixel clock to run at just 178.021978Mhz, not "about 190MHz." I have Lumagen leave the processor unlocked to 196MHz because I like to use it on my G90 with 3D content that needs excessive blanking with non-P43 phosphors.

Yeah I was padding the numbers a bit because I figured they were catering to CRTs with the extra blanking or whatever... (I acutally took the non-standard clock number I arrived at with my Barco @ 1080p48 and added 50%)

I don't think I will be using anything above 148.5 MHz so I'm good with a non+ (Radiance Mini).
View user's photo album (2 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVphile wrote:

It wasn't me asking about 3D but good to know it can do it.

Yeah, just download my timings calculator and you can plug in any custom timings to see the pixel clock required. I just sent Jim an email to find out what the non+ is locked to. Anything calculated below the clock lock is supported.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVphile wrote:
Yeah I was padding the numbers a bit because I figured they were catering to CRTs with the extra blanking or whatever... (I acutally took the non-standard clock number I arrived at with my Barco @ 1080p48 and added 50%)

I don't think I will be using anything above 148.5 MHz so I'm good with a non+ (Radiance Mini).

Well just an FYI, I recall that the non+ is pretty generous about having tons of extra overhead. Whatever I had calculated for Lumagen originally, they added a lot more extra bandwidth on top of what I suggested. It's nice to have ample room to stretch your legs because you never know what you might want to do until you start to play with the VP.

You'll love your Radiance and soon will wonder how you ever got by without it Wink

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Jim obviously isn't in the office today, but he wrote me back saying that he is pretty sure that the non+ is can do 156MHz pixel clock and below. So you have 7.5 MHz overhead to play with.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
AVphile

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent sales the question as well (before you answered) but he never replied.

Anyway it finally shipped today via ground so maybe I will get it before Xmas.

View user's photo album (2 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
AVphile wrote:

Well just an FYI, I recall that the non+ is pretty generous about having tons of extra overhead. Whatever I had calculated for Lumagen originally, they added a lot more extra bandwidth on top of what I suggested. It's nice to have ample room to stretch your legs because you never know what you might want to do until you start to play with the VP.

You'll love your Radiance and soon will wonder how you ever got by without it Wink

craigr

Craig Is right. Ever since he first calibrated my Mitsu 815 with the Super calibration using a
Lumagen HDP I have been hooked. I have had all Lumagen VP's since except for the blend processors.
I will always have a lumagen in my Home.

Now to get them to add a blend Processor to the mix. Wink

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introducing the Radiance 2021

The Radiance 2021 features 4x HDMI inputs and 2x HDMI outputs and 1x coax audio output in a 2” (1.75” without feet) by 17” rack mountable (with optional rack ears) case. There are no analog inputs or outputs. Same video processing quality as XE, XS, and Mini, but with the Darbee built in. This way you can adjust the Darbee for each input as with all other adjustments. The processor has a very similar form factor to the XS, but without any analog connections at all.

Available for order now at a special CurtPalme.com discounted price.
See: http://www.curtpalme.com/Radiance.shtm

Spec sheet:

http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/Radiance_2021_Brochure_030313.pdf

Official Press Release:

Quote:
PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT
For Immediate Release

Lumagen® announces the first Radiance™ Video Processor with integrated Darbee Visual Presence™ Technology

Beaverton Oregon, March 4, 2013 Today, Lumagen® announced the availability of the first Radiance™ video processor with integrated Darbee Visual Presence™ (DVP™) technology. The Radiance 2021™ includes all the video calibration and setup features of the award winning Radiance product line, with the addition of DVP™ technology.

Lumagen's president Jim Peterson stated, "Darbee Visual Presence is a great fit for our video processor product line, which includes the CEA™ 2010 Platinum award winner for Video Product of the Year, the RadianceXE™. We are always working to improve the video quality available to our customers and see Darbee as a great way to add value to our products."

Larry Pace, DarbeeVision's President, stated "Lumagen's award winning products have consistently earned a reputation for enabling a superior video entertainment experience. Their very popular Radiance video processor line delivers cutting edge technologies, making them a natural fit to partner with DarbeeVision. DarbeeVision's proprietary technology takes video images to the next level of reality for the home theater. Darbee uses a unique and patented approach to deliver extremely lifelike images that make the original image seem dull and flat by comparison, and so is a fitting addition to the Lumagen Radiance product line."

The Radiance 2021 supports four HDMI inputs, plus two HDMI outputs and a COAX audio output, in a 17 inch "1U" rack mountable case. Similar in input and output capability to the RadianceXS-3D, the Radiance 2021, by eliminating analog video inputs, is a nod to the all-digital theater that is becoming common in the industry. It supports input and output rates of up to 1080p60. The Radiance 2021 includes all the calibration, setup and processing features of the industry leading RadianceXS-3D video processor, such as 125-point linear-Gamma RGB color palette CMS, 21-point parametric gray-scale and Gamma, a host of setup features, Lumagen's industry leading No-Ring™ scaling technology, and support for 3D scaling and conversion between 3D formats for displays and projectors that do not support all the common 3D formats. The Radiance 2021 has a USA suggested retail price of $2795.

The Radiance Altera® Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based architecture has maintained its industry leading position due to its ability to add new architectural features in the field, long after purchase, by updating the FPGA program. The Altera Cyclone II™ FPGA allowed Radiance products to introduce frequent software updates that have included a number of hardware algorithm improvements. Among these are 3D scaling and calibration, and the new 125-point Linear-Gamma RGB CMS. The Radiance 2021 is the next step forward in this architecture. By using the Altera Stratix III™ technology to increase both performance and available FPGA resources Lumagen was able to add the DVP™ technology to the Radiance 2021, while maintaining all current RadianceXS-3D video processing features.

About Lumagen
Lumagen provides solutions for video switching, calibration, processing and scaling. Together these features allow knowledgeable integrators and enthusiasts to enable the best quality, and most accurate, video images available. Lumagen is a privately held video systems product company founded in September of 2001. It is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, USA. For further information email sales@lumagen.com, call 503-574-2211, or visit www.lumagen.com.

About DarbeeVision
DarbeeVision Inc. was founded by Paul Darbee and Larry Pace to commercialize system products, discrete hardware, and embedded solutions based on Darbee Visual Presence Technology. DarbeeVision is offering its Darbee Visual Presence technology for consumer electronics product integrations. The privately held company is headquartered in Santa Ana, California, USA. For information call 657-600-8241, email info@darbeevision.com, or visit www.DarbeeVision.com.

# # #

Lumagen is a registered trademark, and Radiance is a trademark, of Lumagen, Inc. Darbee™ and DarbeeVision™ are trademarks of DarbeeVision Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 8, 2013: Our last Radiance Mini sale so successful, we've decided to have another!

For a limited time the Radiance Mini video processor has been reduced in price. Bundle with a DarbeeVision Darblet Image Enhancer for even greater savings. Prices are in effect until end of June. Supplies are limited. We ship worldwide.

See the absolute best Radiance video processing coupled with the newest DarbeeVision imagine enhancement technology that has videophiles and critics raving.

Lumagen has told us they will not be integrating DarbeeVision technology into the RadianceMini-3D. We are offering this sale so our customers can take advantage of Lumagen and Darbee technology at a special low cost.

For complete details or to order, see our Radiance order page:

http://www.curtpalme.com/Radiance.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEADS UP:

We have 1 (and only 1) Radiance 2021 open box special available at a discounted price of nearly $300 USD.
Comes with complete manufacturer warranty and support. In perfect cosmetic shape. Only used a few hours.

First person to order gets it:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announcing the complete Radiance 20xx series - now with up to 4K output

Lumagen has officially announced the rest of the 2XXX range Radiance products.
These units have all of the processing power of the XE with Darbee DVP.

CurtPalme.com discounted prices on the new units will be announced soon. Sign up for our newsletter or to this thread to stay informed.

The base model is the 2021 that is already available. (see here)
The 2022 adds analog inputs (like the XS)
The 2041 is a 4K output version of the 2021 (the 2021 CANNOT be upgraded to 2041)
The 2042 is the same as 2041 with analog inputs

Radiance 2021, 2041 Backpanel (no analog inputs):

Radiance 2022, 2042 Backpanel (with analog inputs):

Key Features:
-HDMI Output-2 up to 4K UltraHD (2160p@24/30Hz) (2041,2042 only)
-All other HDMI outputs rated up to 1080p@60Hz
-4xHDMI 1.4 audio/video inputs, 2xHDMI 1.4 audio/video outputs, 1 Coax audio output
-6 Analog video inputs (2xComponent,2xSVideo, 2xComposite) (2022,2042 only)
-7 audio inputs (3xCoax, 2xTos, 2xStereo) (2022,2042 only)
-Darbee Digital Visual Presence (DVP) enhancement technology
-Supports complete processing of 2D or 3D sources
-10 bit processing
-Proprietary Lumagen "no-ring" scaling
-Per-pixel SD/HD video deinterlacing
-125 point (5x5x5) gamut correction
-Extensive support for anamorphic lenses
-Supports complete processing of 2D or 3D sources
-Adaptive diagonal filtering
-MPEG mosquito and block artifact reduction
-Temporal noise reduction for SD/HD sources
-2:2,3:2,3:3 pulldown for SD/HD film sources

Input configurability:
- Inputs 1-4 are HDMI 1.4 and can be used with HDMI or DVI sources (all units)
- Inputs 5-6 are SVideo (NTSC or PAL) Component (HD/SD) (2022,2042 only)
- Inputs 7-8 are Component (HD/SD) (2022,2042 only)
- Inputs 9-10 are Composite (NTSC or PAL) (2022,2042 only)
- one rgbhv (uses 1 component input and 2 composite inputs) (2022,2042 only)
- up to 2 scart (RGB+composite sync) inputs (uses 1 component + 1 composite input) (2022,2042 only)

Kal

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exiting.

Is there any info about analog inputs, like 3D comb filter, and other improvements, or if its the same as the XS and XE models.

Also like to know if they have improved SD deinterlacing.?

And last, is it now possible to run both output with individual CMS calibration, for blending, and stacking.?

Last edited by stridsvognen on Thu May 23, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the same algorithms I believe. Nothing changed as far as I know.

More information will likely be forthcoming but what I've posted above is what I have for the moment.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radiance video processors with 4K UltraHD output, trade-ins available
May 28, 2013

The new Radiance models 2022/2041/2042 are now available for order at a special CurtPalme.com discounted price. We ship worldwide.

FOR A LIMITED TIME: Trade in your existing video processor (working or not) towards a new Radiance 2041/2042 with 4K UltraHD output and save! Complete details.

The Radiance 2022 adds analog video inputs and associated audio inputs to the previously announced Radiance 2021. The Radiance 2022 has an input complement of four HDMI, two Component, two SVideo, and two Composite video, matching the RadianceXS-3D for video, and audio, I/O.

The Radiance 2041 and 2042 increase the maximum output resolution to 4K UltraHD at 24/30 Hertz. Ideal for maximizing image quality on 4K displays as you completely bypass the internal scaler and do all image processing in one location: The Radiance.

Lumagen’s president Jim Peterson stated, "Our customers have been asking us for a product that they can use to drive their 4K displays and projectors at their native 4K rate so they can use Lumagen’s reference quality NoRing™ scaling to convert standard and high definition sources to 4K. With the introduction of these new products, the Radiance family can now support this request."

All Radiance 20xx products include the video calibration and setup features of the award winning Radiance product line, along with integrated Darbee DVP™ image enhancement technology, allowing adjustment on a per-input basis. Setup and calibration features include 125-point linear-Gamma RGB color palette CMS, 21-point parametric gray-scale and Gamma, a host of setup features, Lumagen’s industry leading No-Ring™ scaling technology, and support for 3D scaling and conversion between 3D formats for displays and projectors that do not support all the common 3D formats.

Now shipping! For complete details and pictures see our Radiance order page.

Questions? Email us at: lumagen@curtpalme.com

Kal

Last edited by kal on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a handy Radiance Feature Comparison chart (PDF format) that includes all of the newest models:

http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/LumagenRadianceFeatureComparison.pdf

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

We're extending the video processor trade-in to include older models (working or not) from Lumagen and other manufacturers such as DVDO. So for a limited time, trade in your existing video processor (working or not) towards a new Radiance 2041/2042 with 4K UltraHD output and save!

Complete details here:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34081

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Radiance firmware release #082013 has been released. It adds a 9x9x9 (729 point) RGB palette for CMS.

Note that this is for the newer Radiance 20xx only. The Radiance Mini/XD/XE/XS will not get a 9x9x9 palette due to limited space in their FPGA. They will remain at 5x5x5 (125 point).

The calibration software vendors that support automatic calibration such as ChromaPure, will have support for the new 9x9x9 cube very soon. Given that 729 points are calibrated, a fast reading meter like the Display 3 is highly recommended.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lumagen® Radiance™ Video Processor Family Adds New Members

Beaverton Oregon, April 16th, 2014 — Lumagen®, Inc., a specialist in the design and manufacture of products for the home and corporate theater markets, today announced four new members of its Radiance™ video processor family. These are the Radiance 2123™, the Radiance 2124™, the Radiance 2143™ and the Radiance 2144™.

Jim Peterson, Lumagen’s president, stated, “our customers were asking for more HDMI inputs, and the ability to scale source material up to 4k60. All four of these new products increase the HDMI input count to eight, and two can scale SD and HD source material up to 4k60. This maximizes video performance by taking advantage of Lumagen’s proprietary NoRing™ scaling to scale film source to 4k24 and video to 4k60.

Supporting all the features of the Radiance 20XX series, including Darbee DVP™ processing, the new Radiance 21XX series answers our customer’s challenge.”

The Radiance 2123 and 2124 support input and output rates of up to 1080p60. The 2143 and 2144 increase the output rate to up to 4k60 in 8-bit 4:2:0 format.

The Radiance 2123, and Radiance 2143, support eight HDMI inputs, two HDMI outputs, a wired-IR command input, an RS232 command input, plus an internal USB-to-serial adapter. They are housed in a 1U rack mountable case.

The Radiance 2124, and Radiance 2144, add two component inputs, two composite inputs with 3D comb filter, two analog stereo inputs, one optical audio input, and three COAX audio inputs, plus a COAX audio output.

With its extensive processing, setup, and calibration, feature-set the Radiance family is perfectly suited for refining and enhancing the images presented by front projectors, and top-level flat-panel displays. With the introduction of these new products, the Radiance family continues as the video backbone for the best home theaters and media rooms.

The Radiance 2123 and 2143 are available immediately, and the Radiance 2124 and Radiance 2144 will be available in May. Suggested retail pricing for the Radiance 2123, 2124, 2143, and 2144, is set at $3095, $3595, $3995, and $4495, respectively. Optional rack-ears for mounting in a 19” rack are available at a suggested retail price of $50.

# # #

These units are available for order now. Trade-ins are also available. For complete details see our Radiance order page:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have been asking how the new 2143 and 2144 models support 4k/60p with "only" HDMI 1.4 (instead of HDMI 2.0) as HDMI 1.4 doesn't have enough bandwidth for 4K/60p.

Answer: These units use 4:2:0 colour to reduce the bandwidth required. 4:2:0 is also used by DVD's and Blu-rays.

HDMI 2.0 specifically added 4:2:0 YCbCr 8bit component video as a format in order to allow reduce the bandwidth required for 4K transmission. In order to call a device HDMI 2.0 compliant however it only has to support one of the many HDMI 2.0 features. So why are the new Radiance units still listed as HDMI 1.4? Because Lumagen's one of the few honest manufacturers. Wink

Here's the explanation directly from Lumagen president Jim Peterson on the subject:

Quote:
Yes, 4K60, 4:2:0, 8-bit, is a HDMI 2.0 feature. While we could claim HDMI 2.0 (as some do who support 4:2:0) we feel this is not appropriate, and it is certainly left up to the manufacturer. You should never depend on the HDMI rev level (1.4, 2.0) to determine features. This is a directive of the HDMI organization to all manufactures and users, and they say this for exactly this type of case. You cannot say HDMI 2.0 unless you have at least one feature (we do), but in this particular case it is not appropriate to claim HDMI 2.0 in my opinion since 4:2:0 is a minor part of the HDMI 2.0 spec verses 4K and HDCP 2.2.

We say HDMI 1.4 since saying HDMI 2.0 and NOT supporting HDCP 2.2 (as some are doing) is in my opinion just asking for problems with people who expect HDMI 2.0 to have HDCP 2.2. Most everyone I talk to expects products listed as HDMI 2.0 to support 4k input and output and HDCP 2.2.

When describing generational “bridge” products any choice (HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0) will produce some confusion. Calling the 20XX and 21XX units HDMI 1.4 and then specifying the HDMI 2.0 feature(s) seems the best approach.

NOTE: Our 4k60, 4:2:0 8-bit mode is exactly the HDMI 2.0 mode.

Thanks.

Jim Peterson
President
Lumagen, Inc.

I agree 100% with Jim's logic and frankly find it odd that the HDMI organization allows manufacturers to claim HDMI 2.0 compliance if only *one* feature is supported. That to me is false advertising. You should, in my humble opinion, have to support all features in order to claim HDMI 2.0 compliance. Otherwise consumers have to scour the specs in details to see what's included and what isn't. That defeats the entire logic behind having versions or levels of compliance.

Kal

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
I agree 100% with Jim's logic and frankly find it odd that the HDMI organization allows manufacturers to claim HDMI 2.0 compliance if only *one* feature is supported. That to me is false advertising. You should, in my humble opinion, have to support all features in order to claim HDMI 2.0 compliance. Otherwise consumers have to scour the specs in details to see what's included and what isn't. That defeats the entire logic behind having versions or levels of compliance.

Kal

This has always been the case with HDMI specs Kal. It's one of the reason the HDMI revisions are so stupid. To claim HDMI 1.4 you also only needed to support one HDMI 1.4 feature of the many that are under the 1.4 and 1.4a umbrella.

Frankly, the fact of the matter is that the Radiance processors that support 4k 60Hz are HDMI 2.0, but Lumagen is just not listing them as 2.0 units.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
This has always been the case with HDMI specs Kal. It's one of the reason the HDMI revisions are so stupid.

Yup agreed - it wasn't just HDMI 2.0 ... it's always been this way.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: