Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: ChromaPure Video Calibration Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
steelgtr wrote:
TomHuffman wrote:
steelgtr wrote:

This is the part that doesn't make sense:

"2.6.1.8. Adjust the display's main color control on the display until you have minimized the red error for red, green, and blue. The human eye is especially sensitive to red errors, so it is best to concentrate on this. "

How do you minimize the red error for anything other than red? (green and blue)?

The point is that if you see errors for red, green, and blue and you cannot correct them all (which you can't with a Color control), then focus on getting red right.

Thanks, Tom

My Pio Pro-101 does have CMS but I think I remember it not being very good?

bob
That puts it mildly. The Pioneer CMS is broken. Don't use it.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomHuffman wrote:
steelgtr wrote:
TomHuffman wrote:
steelgtr wrote:

This is the part that doesn't make sense:

"2.6.1.8. Adjust the display's main color control on the display until you have minimized the red error for red, green, and blue. The human eye is especially sensitive to red errors, so it is best to concentrate on this. "

How do you minimize the red error for anything other than red? (green and blue)?

The point is that if you see errors for red, green, and blue and you cannot correct them all (which you can't with a Color control), then focus on getting red right.

Thanks, Tom

My Pio Pro-101 does have CMS but I think I remember it not being very good?

bob
That puts it mildly. The Pioneer CMS is broken. Don't use it.

So, just use the method referred to above?
steelgtr

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Initial C3 thoughts Reply with quote

I changed the settings in C3 to ft-L but it still doesn't display that?

Honestly, I find the C3 interface cumbersome and awkward compared to the workflow and layout on C2.

Also, C3 doesn't seem to follow the sequence on the C3 test disk. ( Doesn't show 100% white first, etc)

Still trying to get used to it but if C2 is as accurate, I would probably stick with that.

thx

bob
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Initial C3 thoughts Reply with quote

steelgtr wrote:

I can't explain that. Best you email support@chromapure.com with all the details. They'll likely ask you to send in some files to figure out what's going on.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Initial C3 thoughts Reply with quote

steelgtr wrote:

Honestly, I find the C3 interface cumbersome and awkward compared to the workflow and layout on C2.

Also, C3 doesn't seem to follow the sequence on the C3 test disk. ( Doesn't show 100% white first, etc)

Still trying to get used to it but if C2 is as accurate, I would probably stick with that.
I just changed the luminance preference in Options and ran Grayscale, Color Gamut, White Balance, and Color Management and fL was displayed in all instances. Where are you seeing this?

You realize that you can change the UI preference in Options, right?

With the release of v. 3, when we started using 100% white as a universal reference, we changed the disc to include this. Contact CP Support and I can give you a link from which you can download a new disc. If you want a new one mailed, then you'd have to pay shipping.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Initial C3 thoughts Reply with quote

TomHuffman wrote:
steelgtr wrote:

I just changed the luminance preference in Options and ran Grayscale, Color Gamut, White Balance, and Color Management and fL was displayed in all instances. Where are you seeing this?

You realize that you can change the UI preference in Options, right?

With the release of v. 3, when we started using 100% white as a universal reference, we changed the disc to include this. Contact CP Support and I can give you a link from which you can download a new disc. If you want a new one mailed, then you'd have to pay shipping.

Tom,

I just tried a C3 cal again and this is what is confusing:

Running the pre-cal Gamut:

C3 software order is: 100% colors in order, 75% colors in order, 50% colors in order, etc

C3 Cal Disc: 100% white, 75% gray, etc Red, 100%, Red 75%.... Green 100%, 75%....... on and on.

The disc sequence doesn't follow the software sequence at all and it's very time consuming going through the menus on the disc just to get to the next measurement the software is asking for!?

On the previous CP software, I used the free avshd 709 disc, choosing CP would take me through all the measurements in proper order.

I hope I'm missing somethin here but is looks like C3 is really catering to auto calibrating not the DIY hobbyist?

thx

bob
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob - You posted the same questions to Tom on a different forum where he responded. I'm cutting and pasting the answers here for sake of completeness:

TomHuffman wrote:
This was not based on a desire to cater to any particular group of users. It was just an oversight. It is a simple matter to re-order the colors in the saturations module to match the disc. We'll release this with 3.1.5.

Edit: BTW, one consequence of the fix I have in mind is that it will work for all new calibration sessions, but if you export a calx file and then subsequently import it back, then the order will revert back to what it is now. Also, a simple workaround to this in the meantime is to turn off auto-advance in Options and then just manually select the colors in the order they are on the disc. This is a lot quicker than relying on auto-advance and having to navigate through the disc to find the right color.

Best to keep the discussion going in one spot.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.5 is now available for download.

New features

- Auto-cal for the DVDO Duo has been enabled.
- ChromaPure now supports the Lumagen Pro and HDR/Rec. 2020 test patterns.
- We added support for the AccuPel 6000 signal generator.
- We added a HDR10 – Projector selection to the list of available gammas. This provides the same curve as regular HDR10, but at lower luminance levels expected from projectors.

Enhancements

- The ChromaPure application and calibration disc now list the colors in the saturation scale in the same order. Current owners of the disc can request a free update (download) or have a new disc mailed to them for a S&H fee of $3.00.
- Context sensitive Help has been enabled.
- 21-point grayscale has been enabled for Lumagen auto-cal.

Bug Fixes

This release fixes three reporting errors:

- RGB grayscale charts in the Custom report now reflects 21 point grayscale when selected in the calibration session.
- Reports now correctly plot the HDR gamma target line.
- Three of the charts in the Custom calibration report no longer cut off data.

Known Issues

- The Lumagen Manual Control Tool does not currently sync with the selected grayscale mode. To fix this just click the Reset button on the tool prior to making grayscale adjustments. The tool is automatically synced when using auto-cal.
- When selecting HDR10 for the Lumagen Pro do so after setting up the generator, but before displaying the first test pattern. HDR10 is activated only AFTER generating a test pattern.

To download see here:

http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

wfdTamar

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you place a link for the latest version 2 of Chromapure on the site for those of us that have not upgraded? It should be standard practise to have the last of any version before a paid upgrade. Ta
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wfdTamar wrote:
Could you place a link for the latest version 2 of Chromapure on the site for those of us that have not upgraded? It should be standard practise to have the last of any version before a paid upgrade. Ta

Good point. I've added a link to the latest version of ChromaPure 2 here: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.6 is available for download.

New Features

- Added the ability to calibrate to P3 targets within a Rec. 2020 gamut.
- Klein K-10 users now have access to the Klein matrix corrections built-in to the meter. Also, using the Klein ChromaSurf application you can create and store your own corrections in the meter.

Enhancements

- Full setup functionality has been added to the Colorimetry Research CR-100 and CR-250/300 meters.
- Added Rec. 2020 capability to the Murideo test pattern generator.
- We have enhanced the Grayscale Quick Report to show additional data.
- We enhanced ChromaPure's error handling, which allows us to better diagnose and resolve reported problems.

Bug Fixes
- Problems with the Gamut Test Report have been fixed.
- The ISF Wizard has been restored (in the classic UI).
- Stability problems with auto-cal (Lumagen and DVDO Duo) have been fixed.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.7 is available for download.

Bug Fixes

We identified several bugs in the previous release, which 3.1.7 fixes:

- The application would drop data from the Color Management module when importing a previously saved .calx file.
- The application would drop data from the Gamma module that included multiple gamma runs when importing a previously saved .calx file.
- When selecting fL as the default luminance measurement unit, the Raw Data module would continue to show cd/m2 in some areas.
- The Excel report was broken.
- The application was not applying Pro corrections to the CR-100 colorimeter, and attempting to initialize the meter whose license contained Pro corrections would result in a fatal exception.
- Deleting all of the data from the Raw Data module would result in a fatal exception.
- Data in the Measured Color and Reference Color panels was difficult to read. We changed the color scheme to improve readability.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.8 *BETA* is available for download.

LUT Rec. 2020/HDR10 Auto-calibration has been added to the Lumagen Radiance Pro.
See this procedures document for instructions.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.8 is now available for download

New Features

- Added support for Lumagen Pro LUT HDR/2020 Auto-calibration.
- Added white pattern insertion between test patterns. This mitigates the tendency of some displays to lose luminance when screen content is insufficiently dynamic.
- Added RGB/Gamma chart to Raw Data module. This allows users to perform gamma/grayscale calibration for a user-customized test patterns (e.g., LG OLEDs).

Enhancements

- Lowered luminance requirement for HDR10 - Projector to accommodate more projectors.
- Added options for 709, SDR2020, and HDR2020 to Color Space selector on Lumagen Pro setup.
- Added luminance, saturation, and gamma information to bottom of screen.
- Added information about Reference Gamut, Target Gamma, and Color Intensity to Custom Report.
- Improved method for DVDO Duo grayscale auto-calibrate.
-Added information about Meter Correction to exported data.
- Created reports for HDR calibrations.

To download see here:

Kal

romantik73

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Panasonic TX-PR55VT50, which version of the program to choose, for one sensor? Generally for household use. And is there a possibility of discounts in the price? Thanks. With respect Roman
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romantik73 wrote:
Hi. Panasonic TX-PR55VT50, which version of the program to choose, for one sensor? Generally for household use. And is there a possibility of discounts in the price? Thanks. With respect Roman

I recommend ChromaPure 3 Standard.

It's available here at our discounted price: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Welcome to the forum!

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.15 Released

ChromaPure 3.1.15 is now available for download. It is free for v3 licensed users.

New Features

Added support for MadVR test patterns. Use these test patterns as you would ChromaPure's Built-in test patterns. MadVR can generate HDR test patterns for supported video cards/operating systems. Supported systems include:

Video Cards
- AMD: Polaris based (or newer)
- Nvidia: Pascal based (or newer)
- Intel: Kaby Lake (or newer)

Operating System
- AMD: Windows 10
- Nvidia: Windows 8 and 10
- Intel: Windows 10 (most recent build)

Bug fixes

- The HDR Report would crash whenever "Calibration Disc" was selected as the Test Pattern Source. This is because the report was configured for use with HDR auto-calibrate only and was expecting an external signal generator. We have now developed two versions of the report, one for manual calibrations that appears when you click HDR Report in the Reports module along with the original report that appears at the end of an HDR auto-cal session. NOTE: The CIE chart in the manual report uses data from the 50% Saturations points in the Color Gamut module. This allows the user to select Rec. 2020 50% saturation targets. There is no need to measure other levels of saturation.
- The ColorChecker dE values were too high when in HDR mode. This was because ChromaPure expected 100% intensity colors when 50% intensity colors is the standard for HDR color test patterns.
- After importing custom targets into the Raw Data module, if you would navigate away from that module and then return, the targets would disappear.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.15.28 Released

ChromaPure 3.1.15.28 is now available for download. It is free for v3 licensed users. This is a minor maintenance release for 3.1.15.

Bug fixes

- We resolved some minor issues with the MadVR implementation.
- We fixed a problem in the Performance module in which the application would stall or throw an exception when generating magenta test patterns when 25% saturations was selected.
- We updated the Help file to reflect recent changes.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.16 Released

New Features

- Added support for French language. Additional language support will be offered in subsequent releases.
- Replaced the configuration file with a database. We believe that this will increase the stability of the application substantially by eliminating config file corruption.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.1.18 Released

New Features

- Added support for Adobe RGB gamut.
- Added the ability to specify a custom white point.

Enhancements

- Added a Compact display mode to the Options module that collapses the double-spaced color-picker in the modules.
- Add support for 25% Color Intensity.
- Added support for 25% Saturation in the Color Management module.
- Improved autocal accuracy.
- Updated Excel Report to support BT.1886 and sRGB gamma.
- Redesigned Raw Data module to include a color picker.

Bug fixes

- Resolved a variety of AccuPel 5000/6000 setup issues.
- Fixed a problem whereby the Custom Report calculated contrast Incorrectly.
- Fixed a problem with the APL windows not working for Accupel 5000/6000.
- Resolved a bug with the French language option.

To download see here:

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: