Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: ChromaPure Video Calibration Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Version 2.2.10 is now available for download.

Quote:
Release Notes:

This release provides some critical updates to the auto-calibration module. No other changes have been made.

To download see: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.2.12 is now available for download.

Quote:
New Features
•Added support for the basICColor Discus colorimeter.
•Added support for the Spyder4 colorimeter.

Improvements
•The CIE chart used throuought the application has improved resolution.
•The Detailed Calibration Report now includes a 10% stimulus grayscale value.

Bug Fixes
•When selecting 75% window test patterns for the Lumagen processor, the application displayed a 100% pattern for magenta. This has been fixed.
•The White Balance module displayed dE values that were slightly different from those displayed in the Pre/Post-Calibration Grayscale modules. This has been fixed.
•The checkerboard (ANSI) contrast tool could return an invalid contrast value of Infinity. This has been fixed.
•The 75% of Rec 709 option in the Color Management module was broken. This has been fixed.

To download see: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

MrFreedom

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the yearly maintenance fee for the ChromaPure Pro software. I have CalMan commercial now and the maintenance fee is like $499 a year. Totally ridiculous. Seriously considering trading the CalMan for the ChromaPure at $599. Just need to know the maintenance fee. Thanks.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
Orb Audio Mod2 7.1 Speaker Sys
DIRECTV HR20700 HD DVR Satellite Receiver
Onkyo DV CP704 DVD 6 Disc Changer
Sony PS3 80G BluRay Game Console
Furman PM Pro Series II Power Conditioner
Blue Jean Cables and Connects
NXG NX-RM505 Learning Remote Control
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFreedom wrote:
What is the yearly maintenance fee for the ChromaPure Pro software. I have CalMan commercial now and the maintenance fee is like $499 a year. Totally ridiculous. Seriously considering trading the CalMan for the ChromaPure at $599. Just need to know the maintenance fee. Thanks.

There is no yearly maintenance fee.

These items below from our ChromaPure order page should help - it the same for ChromaPure Standard or ChromaPure Professional.

Quote:
Do you have an upgrade policy?

Yes. Point upgrades will be offered to licensed users for free. These upgrades will generally include only small changes and bug fixes. New versions will be offered to licensed users at a substantial discount. New versions will include major new functionality, and will not be merely cosmetic.

Do I have to pay extra for ongoing technical support?

No. As a licensed owner of ChromaPure, you are entitled to lifetime free e-mail technical support.

So basically you pay the one time cost and then get point updates if there are small changes/bug fixes. If a major version comes out the choice is up to you if you want to upgrade to get those features. Typical upgraded costs are under $60. You don't have to upgrade however. You will still be supported for life.

Tom calls these "small changes" but the last version added support for 2 new meters at no cost. To me that's fairly major. Wink

To order, see: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

We also have a competitive upgrade price for users coming from other 'professional' level software as you saw of course.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
MrFreedom

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Kal. Will seriously consider purchasing the ChromaPure. Thanks again.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFreedom wrote:
There is no annual maintenance fee. The only fee you will ever incur is if you wish to purchase new versions of the software, such as from version 1.x to version 2.x, and the upgrade fee is in the $60-$70 range. We are currently on 2.2.12.
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to add something to the order page too to make this clearer too. Sorry for the confusion!

Kal

MrFreedom

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the integration with the AV Foundry VideoForge PG and does the ChromaPure have auto cal for it? Also, since all my equipment was from SpectraCal, will I have to recal my enhanced C5 to work with ChromaPure and what is the cost for that? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make an informed decision. Thanks again for your help.

TomHuffman wrote:
MrFreedom wrote:
There is no annual maintenance fee. The only fee you will ever incur is if you wish to purchase new versions of the software, such as from version 1.x to version 2.x, and the upgrade fee is in the $60-$70 range. We are currently on 2.2.12.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFreedom wrote:
What is the integration with the AV Foundry VideoForge PG and does the ChromaPure have auto cal for it? Also, since all my equipment was from SpectraCal, will I have to recal my enhanced C5 to work with ChromaPure and what is the cost for that? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make an informed decision. Thanks again for your help.
SpectraCal does not publish data that would allow 3rd-party developers to communicate with the VideoForge. It is proprietary to them. The same is true for the enhanced C5 and the new C6.

We support auto-cal using the either the DVDO Duo or Lumagen Radiance.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm stuck. Looks like I'll just have to continue with the CalMan. Can't afford to totally change out equipment right now. Thanks for the help.

TomHuffman wrote:
MrFreedom wrote:
SpectraCal does not publish data that would allow 3rd-party developers to communicate with the VideoForge. It is proprietary to them. The same is true for the enhanced C5 and the new C6.

We support auto-cal using the either the DVDO Duo or Lumagen Radiance.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by C5 you mean the Chroma 5, for what it's worth I've had a few people now ask to have their "unlocked" and SpectraCal did it for them. I have an app you can use to test and see if yours is locked. Email me at kal@curtpalme.com for details.

For the C6 we have the Display 3 "PRO". If you own a Spectroradiometer yourself (like the i1Pro) there's no need for the "PRO" version as you can do the offsets that increase accuracy yourself. The standard will work fine and is very cheap. We can bundle it together with the competitive upgrade price and it doesn't add much to the cost. Email me at kal@curtpalme.com for pricing details.

I'll also say that you own both meters, there's no need for the Chroma 5. Use the newer meter. It's better.

As a matter of policy, Chromapure does not modify its meters in any way. All changes are done via software. This ensure that the meter will continue to remain supported by any software that supports it natively.

Kal

TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFreedom wrote:
So I'm stuck. Looks like I'll just have to continue with the CalMan. Can't afford to totally change out equipment right now. Thanks for the help.
That, of course, is the business model--replace consumer choice with coercion in a variety of forms.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently using version 2.2.7.

I downloaded the most recent update and went to install, but am being told to first un-install my current version.

I am hesitant to do this, because I know I need my license from my original. I haven't used the program in a while, and I don't remember where the license file is.

Is the file in a folder somewhere in the program?
If not, is there anyway to get my license replaced?

Thanks for your time.

Kevin Snyder
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kes7u wrote:
I am currently using version 2.2.7.

I downloaded the most recent update and went to install, but am being told to first un-install my current version.

I am hesitant to do this, because I know I need my license from my original. I haven't used the program in a while, and I don't remember where the license file is.

Is the file in a folder somewhere in the program?
If not, is there anyway to get my license replaced?
The license is not removed when you uninstall the application. You might want to back it up anyway to give you peace of mind. It is saved in the
C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\2 folder.

-TH

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom.

The license did not un-install, and update worked perfectly.

Kevin
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure Advanced Auto-Calibrate is now available for order at CurtPalme.com discounted prices.
A discounted price is also available for existing Auto-Calibrate users to upgrade to Advanced Auto-Calibrate.

For complete details with examples on on how much more accurate Advanced Auto-Calibrate can make your display, see:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32073

To order see our ChromaPure order page:

http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.3 is now available for download. See our order page: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

This is a free download for existing ChromaPure 2.x users.

Quote:
ChromaPure 2.3 Release Notes

New Features

- Advanced Auto-Calibration. Using a Lumagen processor this new feature allows calibration of 124 colors* throughout the Rec. 709 color space. It is an optional enhancement to the standard auto-calibration add-on and sells for $229 ($219 CurtPalme.com discounted) for new users and $79 ($74 CurtPalme.com discounted) as an upgrade for existing auto-calibrate users or as an add-on to ChromaPure Professional (Standard auto-calibrate is included for free in ChromaPure Professional).

- Support for APL window test patterns. AccuPel users will be able to use constant APL window test patterns for plasma calibrations.

- Support for additional signal generators, including the Quantum Data 882, 801, and 701.

- Support for additional meters, including the i1Pro 2 and the Minolta CS-100A.

* The Lumagen can adjust 125 colors, but one of them is 16,16,16 (black), which advanced auto-calibrate does not attempt to adjust.

Enhancements

- Added the ability to select 100%, 75%, and 50% stimulus to the Advanced Color Management module. Previously, levels of saturation were at 100% stimulus only. This enhancement affects the AccuPel and Lumagen signal generators and the internal test patterns.

- Added the ability to select 8-bit or 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 test patterns from the AccuPel generator.

Bug Fixes

- Improved the precision of the test patterns generated by the Lumagen.

For more information see our ChromaPure page: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any more gamma points added in to this new 125 color adjustment?

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Are there any more gamma points added in to this new 125 color adjustment?

I don't believe so. There's already 20+ available with the Lumagen/ChromaPure combination. That gives you a point every 5 IRE from 0 to 100%. It's already overkill (IMHO).

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.4 is now available for download. See our order page: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

This is a free download for existing ChromaPure 2.x users.

Quote:
ChromaPure 2.4 Release Notes

New Features

- We have added a new Manual Adjustment Tool for the DVDO Duo. You can now make adjustments to grayscale, gamma, and color gamut using the Duo's CMS functions from within ChromaPure without having to use the remote control. This tool also allows users to import/export calibration profiles and reset settings to default.

- We also include a beta version of the same Manual Adjustment Tool for the Lumagen Radiance. Currently, color calibration only functions at 100% stimulus. We will release an updated, final version in a few weeks.

- We have added an illuminant D65 ColorChecker. This is a useful tool for determining how accurately your display renders natural colors.

- We have re-engineered standard Auto-Calibrate to use the same algorithms used in Advanced Auto-Calibrate. This approach is more accurate, reliable, and more easily maintained. For Lumagen 8-point color users, please use 100% stimulus only until we make some small changes related to the Manual Adjustment Tool mentioned above. 125-point users are unaffected.

- We have added a new comprehensive Excel-based report to support Advanced Auto-Calibrate. This report samples the same suite of 24-colors as employed in the Advanced Color Management module.

- We have substantially upgraded the Conversion Utility Module, adding a Measure button and a set of RGB sliders that allows a user to select any 8-bit color as an RGB triplet. That color will display on screen.

- Small windows are now supported by the AccuPel DVG-5000, Lumagen Radiance, and DVDO Duo signal generators. These may be useful when calibrating plasma displays.

- The precision with which the AccuPel DVG-5000 renders user colors has been increased substantially by calculating those colors in discreet code values rather than percentages. This added precision is available for both 8-bit and 10-bit color.

- The Pre and Post-Calibration modules now include support for black level. This allows users to display pre and post-calibration black level and contrast ratio data in both the Detailed report and the Excel report. Users can skip a 0% reading if preferred.

- When using the Display 3/Display 3 PRO colorimeter in Plasma mode the application now automatically averages low-light single readings. (Continuous readings already employ averaging so these measurements are not affected.) This substantially improves repeatability. However, it also means that single low-light readings (0%-20%) will be noticeably slower.

Bug Fixes

- Some of the colors when using the constant APL mode in the AccuPel were wrong. This has been fixed.

- The dE calculations in the Advanced Color Management module at levels of stimulus other than 100% were wrong. This has been fixed.

- The gamma calculation at 75% in the Pre/Post-Calibration Grayscale module had been calculated incorrectly. This is fixed.

- Auto-Calibrate was adjusting 5% and 10% grayscale levels correctly in the Lumagen, but it was not setting the Lumagen menus to correspond with this selection correctly. This has been fixed.

For more information see our ChromaPure page: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: