Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Who are the PS3 Gamers here???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Who are the PS3 Gamers here??? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm asking 'cause i wouldn't mind a little online gaming... I NEVER do it but ...

I play:

Fat Princess.
Hot Shots Golf (BIG FUN)
Gran Turismo
Mod Nation Racers.. (it's new and it AWESOME) You should check out the demo.

View user's photo album (3 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a gamer because with the kids and a wife that likes to watch movies, there aren't a lot of opportunities left over... I have been playing Battlefield BC2 since it released - whenever I get a chance - and I LOVE it. Coolest FPS I've ever played. Love the audio, the game mechanics - I'm totally addicted.

Other than that, I don't play much else. A little GT5 here and there, but I need to get a wheel. Plus, I actually like the physics and mechanics in Forza on 360 much better... It seems much more realistic.

Just downloaded Mod Nation last night, but haven't had a chance to play. Saw the demos on YouTube earlier in the spring, and it definitely looks like fun.

Gotta pick up a copy of Little Big Planet, too because the kids love that. VERY cool game.

Later,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should download the demo of Fat Princess!

It's fun... it has a bit of cartoon blood so i dunno if you want it for the kids... but its fun.

davidmorgen19

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am PS3 lover and i want to share game witch i play all the time.
-MotoGP
-Mafia II
-Bioshock 2
-Final Fantasy XIII

i think you like it try one time.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
I'm not much of a gamer because with the kids and a wife that likes to watch movies, there aren't a lot of opportunities left over... I have been playing Battlefield BC2 since it released - whenever I get a chance - and I LOVE it. Coolest FPS I've ever played. Love the audio, the game mechanics - I'm totally addicted.

Other than that, I don't play much else. A little GT5 here and there, but I need to get a wheel. Plus, I actually like the physics and mechanics in Forza on 360 much better... It seems much more realistic.

Just downloaded Mod Nation last night, but haven't had a chance to play. Saw the demos on YouTube earlier in the spring, and it definitely looks like fun.

Gotta pick up a copy of Little Big Planet, too because the kids love that. VERY cool game.

Later,
SC

I play BC2 alot as well... i think my PSN is the same as my forum name if anybody out there is bored.

BC2
All FIFA games
Motogp

Waiting on GT5 and new F1 game!!!
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on waiting for GT5.... Mad
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVerge wrote:
I play BC2 alot as well... i think my PSN is the same as my forum name if anybody out there is bored.

Cool! I'll add you as a friend. My PSN handle is the same as here, too. I don't play alot - usually when I scrounge up a spare 30-45 minutes or so that isn't enough time to do anything else productive - I usually only get a couple of rounds in before the wife wants to watch a movie or need to go to bed. So, I'm just gettin' spooled up and I have to stop.

Have you seen the online stats? My buddy and I were just looking at it this morning...

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com

Wow, look at my K/D and W/L ratios... I guess I kinda suck. I don't care - I just have a riot playing. My time is high because I spent a LOT of time playing recon, which I thoroughly enjoy. There's something so satisfying about sitting in the weeds in a a ghillie suit, pulling the trigger and whacking somebody 1/2 mile away! Wink

Hey, question... My buddy and I were wondering about the veteran badges... What did you do to get yours?

John - check out Forza 3. I don't know if you want another console, but Forza 3 is really, really nice - and it's available now. Wink

Cheers,
SC
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:

John - check out Forza 3. I don't know if you want another console, but Forza 3 is really, really nice - and it's available now. Wink

Cheers,
SC

I dont play FPS games... i get motion sickness from them...

I've heard Forza 3 is great but i dont xbox. My next console is a Wii!!!!!

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:

I've tried to play the Wii, and I just can't get into it. The graphics and gameplay are both like: "Hey, Wii... It's 1999, and it wants its game back". It's a PS2 with the motion doodads. I've tried and tried to like it and I don't. In fact, I think it's retarded. I feel stupid even playing it. Smile

I guess if you're a young kid, or you're going to use it with the exercise tools, it's cool... Otherwise, I don't get it.

SC
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd rethink the Wii, Jon. If you care at all about complex and realistic graphics, the Wii is not even in the game. My kids even got bored of the lame games available on the Wii and traded theirs in for an Xbox.

They want to play on my PS3 Mr. Green but that's for HT use only. I figure they get way too much game time already on Xbox, iPod Touch, and PC... So my PS3 almost never sees action as a game console.
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:

I've tried to play the Wii, and I just can't get into it. The graphics and gameplay are both like: "Hey, Wii... It's 1999, and it wants its game back". It's a PS2 with the motion doodads. I've tried and tried to like it and I don't. In fact, I think it's retarded. I feel stupid even playing it. Smile

I guess if you're a young kid, or you're going to use it with the exercise tools, it's cool... Otherwise, I don't get it.

SC

No and yes. Wink I just traded my almost new Wii with like 10 hours or less on it, and gads of updated parts and new accessories for a set of sub 30 hr G&B tubes. Thumbs Up Thanks Paul! Thumbs Up

The scan lines on a 96" screen are from hell without a line doubler or multiplier of some sort and I wasn't about to spend the money to get one. You'd be surprised at the playability of some of the MA games, and yes there are quite a few kiddie-ish games only because the Wii was never MEANT to be a NextGen console.

The ONLY reason I let it go is because I couldn't use the WiiFit balance board (which is why we bought it in the first place) because my weight is permanently shifted to my left foot due to back injuries. The damn thing wouldn't get past the initial registration of my body and let me at the exercises. It repeatedly told me I was 'standing crooked' and to 'straighten up'. Laughing

I enjoyed it but I own 2 Xbox 360's and a PS3. The Wii is a fine machine but is shameful in the GPU department, made more apparent by the fact even low end PC's have better embeded graphics capabilities.

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
*snipped*

There's something so satisfying about sitting in the weeds in a a ghillie suit, pulling the trigger and whacking somebody 1/2 mile away! Wink
Cheers,
SC

I agree 100%! I tend to gravite toward FPS games that have heavy emphasis on sniping. Having been born and raised in New England where shooting from behind rocks and trees into rank and file is historically and genetically engrained, I will never understand the whole 'Get your ass out of the nice safe foxhole and charge out into a sleet storm of flying lead' mentality. Shocked Give me a regiment of sharpshooters and we'll neutralize a battalion. Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately the majority of sniper specific games have always sucked ass. Too narrow a theme I suppose so I have to 'suffer' FPS war games that offer sniping as an addition to the overall gameplay. Thumbs Down

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you played BC2 yet, Greg? The sniper (actually "recon" class) is one of four classes of soldier you can play (assault, engineer, medic, recon), and just like the other 3 classes, is pretty integral to both the game and an overall winning strategy... The recon class definitely isn't "tacked on" or any sort of afterthought...

The recon class can snipe the opposition from a safe distance to "take the heat off", can light up opposition to make them easier for teammates to find and neutralize, and can call in mortar strikes to open up cover and make objectives more difficult to defend. A good recon player makes attacking much more effective.

In fact, if you play with a few guys that understand good strategy, you can roll through like nobody's business when attacking, or hold the opposition down hard when you're defending; The recon class is a big part of that.

One of the things I really like about BC2 is it's a pretty level "playing field"... Meaning, there aren't any big "cheats" or "advantages" that make it easy for one player or squad to just totally dominate. Even after you rank up, have great weapons, know good strategy, etc. you can still take a round to the forehead just like everybody else. The servers also seem to do a good job of skill-matching. Rarely do I ever feel like I'm playing with people way above- or way below my skill level.

If you haven't played, you should give it a whirl!

SC
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played it for 360 and liked it alot! The cinematics were smooth and well done. I plowed through the game solo a few times but never played XBLive; as a matter of fact I hate XBLive because of the morons and snarky little kids. I wasn't a presence on XBLive enough to develop a group of like minded individuals. I'll have to get a copy for the PS3 and have another go at it seeing as PS3 online is free (currently).

Yup...a fine addition to any war game lovers library! Thumbs Up

TheVerge

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Wow, look at my K/D and W/L ratios... I guess I kinda suck. I don't care - I just have a riot playing. My time is high because I spent a LOT of time playing recon, which I thoroughly enjoy. There's something so satisfying about sitting in the weeds in a a ghillie suit, pulling the trigger and whacking somebody 1/2 mile away! Wink

With the bullet drop i think it's quite fun...

My KD is pretty low really, i tend to play rush a lot and charge in with reckless abandon. I will see if i can catch you online. I played 1943 and MAG a ton before I got BC2 so i'm alright i guess.

Saving up for a new tv to put in my game room right now, our living room isn't ideal for FPS, especially not sniping. I'm too far away from the screen, the snipers look like little flies.
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has anyone loaded the demo of Mod nation Racers????

Am i the only one???

Crying or Very sad

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded it up, played with it for about 5 minutes on Saturday, then got busy as hell the rest of the weekend. Grrrrr........

Looks like fun!

SC
TheVerge

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw you online, you need a mic!!!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mic... If it wasn't on, it's because nobody I know was on (I have this weird thing about talking to strangers... Wink

Actually, I was down there with the kids on Saturday afternoon, they played Little Big Planet for awhile... I ran down to get them, turned everything off but the PS3, and proceeded to leave it on sitting there with Little Big Planet running... Until last night. Oops.

Wait... You mean when we played together for awhile? I had my mic in my ear, but it got turned off when I rebooted, but I didn't notice... The whole time I thought YOU didn't have a mic, then after I quite, I took my headset off and noticed it was turned off. Doh!

SC
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modnation has a funny commercial.

And it has a little tease at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-buGYgRBrIQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: