Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

TC1600 not working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrFreedom

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: TC1600 not working. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just received my converter the other day and I plugged it in and everything was fine. Today, however, I was going to recal my panel and I plugged everything in again and this time I get nothing. It doesn't seem to converter the rgb to component from my laptop. I have a pretty good Asus with VGA out and I am getting no conversion. Matter of fact, the box isn't putting out anything. Don't know what went wrong but I need help. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. I thought this converter was the answer to my calibrating problems (as far as config was concerned ) and I hope it still is. Help please. Thanks.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
Orb Audio Mod2 7.1 Speaker Sys
DIRECTV HR20700 HD DVR Satellite Receiver
Onkyo DV CP704 DVD 6 Disc Changer
Sony PS3 80G BluRay Game Console
Furman PM Pro Series II Power Conditioner
Blue Jean Cables and Connects
NXG NX-RM505 Learning Remote Control
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't changed anything in your setup then the TC1600 may be defective. In that case I will send you a new one. In the meantime can you check if your PC outputs RGB, if it outputs it at the correct resolution and if your display is still functioning. Do you have another display to try it on?

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beun wrote:
If you haven't changed anything in your setup then the TC1600 may be defective. In that case I will send you a new one. In the meantime can you check if your PC outputs RGB, if it outputs it at the correct resolution and if your display is still functioning. Do you have another display to try it on?

Kim

Thanks Kim. I have a picture now but its very jumpy. I'm reviewing the instructions again to find a remedy.

I have absolutely no idea how I got it to work. If I can sync it correctly, I'll be in business. I tried PowerStrip but to no avail. I'm using the Intel dialog and that's how I was able to sync it this far. I'm using the panel in my signature and it has a native resolution of 1366x768. That's also the native res for the laptop but I can't get the laptop to sync at that res so I'm working with 1280x720 presently. There is another app besides PowerStrip that configures all of this but I can't for the life of me recall the name. Do you know? I may have better luck using it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
MrFreedom

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim,
Now I have everything good except for I get this horizontal shift repeatedly on the display. The laptop display is not jumpy at all. I used the V-Width to settle the up and down jumping but can't tame this horizontal shifting. Do I need to put the converter in manual mode and adjust the H-Course now? Other than that, I'm in business.

I don't know why it wasn't converting the signal before but whatever it was, it's gone now and I'm getting a great picture. Just need to solve this horizontal twitch. Your product is sweet but takes some work to configure. I probably wouldn't have it any other way as I learned plenty last night and today. Ain't that the way? LOL SOHK is the one I attended all my life anyway. Why should this be any different? Thanks much for your help and any suggestions about this little glitch is appreciated also.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
MrFreedom

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Kim.
I just got all dialed in. Had to go with manual controls and the more I think of it, this is best for my use. I'll be attaching my laptop to many different displays and there's no sense opening and closing the box all the time. Also, I just fiddled with the gamma adjustment and man what a nice picture I have coming from this laptop. I'm wondering now what you have as a straight gamma booster to hook up to my home system as a permenate stand alone. I really like the difference the gamma adjustment made on the HTPC. Thanks. I'm a very happy camper now. On to calibrate my display. Now I have to figure the HTPC pattern generator out and I'm home free. Always something to learn. Thanks again.

Hitachi 55hdx99 Plasma
Outlaw Audio PrePro 990
Outlaw Audio 7200 Amp
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you have it working. Powerstrip does not always work on integrated graphics on laptops, that may have been your problem.

I have the BUF2000 with is a RGB buffer/driver with additional gamma control, so when you route your signals in the RGB domain that may be your answer.

Kim

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: