Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

EXT-FULLHD v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: EXT-FULLHD v2 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just received my unit and installed it. My blu-ray player, Panasonic DMP-BD80k displays a image but the picture doesnt seem right. I have it on 1080i with Standard set. It gets dim then back to normal. Does this frequent. I am not sure if the unit is working proberly. Also I noticed what looks like color banding, not sure if that is the correct terminology. In the middle of the screen just before it dims there is a red and blue streak.

My xbox isnt recognized at all. No picture just some squiggly lines, red, green, and blue lines. Crying or Very sad

I am using the RGBHV on my Mits WS-A65, CRT RPTV. This TV is similar to the WS-65311, its a best buy brand. I hope someone can help me out.

I also played a SD DVD on the blu ray and it only ouputted in 480p but the picture didnt cause any issues. It played fine. Neutral
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have new HDMI cables I purchased from monoprice. They are the 28AWG HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Male to Male Cables. If it matters any

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=4956&seq=1&format=2
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the dimming and color banding corrected. I left Dip switch 5 to position k. When I swithced it to E, it went away. Surprised

It still does not recongnize my Xbox and also why doesnt my blu-ray upscale my SD DVD's to 1080i? I played two different disk and both are still outputting 480p. Confused
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newby217 wrote:
I got the dimming and color banding corrected. I left Dip switch 5 to position k. When I swithced it to E, it went away. Surprised

It still does not recongnize my Xbox and also why doesnt my blu-ray upscale my SD DVD's to 1080i? I played two different disk and both are still outputting 480p. Confused

dear newby217:
how many mode does your TV support, do you have spec?
what do you mean went away when you set switch 5 to E, when you set switch 5 at K, you can adjust h-shift by press sel button.
and for BD80, did you set the output resolution at 1080P or 1080I? for Xbox360, did you turn on the hdmi output?

thanks
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many mode does your TV support, do you have spec?
My TV supports 480i, 480p, and 1080i.

what do you mean went away when you set switch 5 to E, when you set switch 5 at K, you can adjust h-shift by press sel button.

I did the following:
1. I didnt realize that the picture was slightly off, horizontally. So I then shifted the image to center it.
2. Then I put the dip switch from k to E

After that the picture was perfect. The frequent dimming stop and I didnt have the streaks of color in the middle and bottom of the screen. Maybe the dip switch was not seated right when it arrived. I dont know, but the issue is gone Confused

and for BD80, did you set the output resolution at 1080P or 1080I?

1080i and I am aslo using the Standard mode. Blu-ray also has enhanced but i didnt select it.

for Xbox360, did you turn on the hdmi output?

I didnt know you have to turn HDMI on. Embarassed I will check that. I also have the Xbox 360 set to standard mode using the components.

It sounds to me that if I was to add the HDMI the xbox should already detect it.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/hardware/accessories/av/hdmicable.aspx

Last question. What about the upscaling of the SD DVD on my blu ray? Is there something I should do to enable that?
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Upscaling Works Reply with quote

Moome,

I hate to say it but it was user error. I got the player to upscaled the SD DVD's. It was in the blu-ray setting. I guess I didnt notice a step. Here are my settings for the Panny DMP-BD 80 for others to know. I had the 1st step below off. Didnt realize it. Embarassed but I did have the resolution to 1080i.

Under setup in the Display network:
HDMI connection
1. HDMI Video - ON
2. HDMI Resolution - 1080i (1080p if your monitor can display it)
3. 24p - OFF
4. HDMI RGB Output Range - Standard
5. HDMI Audio Output - Off (I use 5.1 analog out to my Denon)
6. Viera Link - Off.

I still can not get it to recognized the xbox. Crying or Very sad

I was reading the reviews at monorprice for the cables I bought and someone there also had a issue with the xbox using the monorprice cable. I then removed it and used an old HDMI ver 1.2a that I had lying around. Still get the same result, squigly lines. I will do more research on that, maybe I am missing something in the xbox settings.

So your product is great and I like it so far. I tried the gamma boost but didnt notice any change last night. It was just a quick check but I will get my meter out sometime this week and take some measurements. I will post my results.

So far its been user error and the device is working as intented.

Keep up the good work. Thumbs Up
moome

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Upscaling Works Reply with quote

Newby217 wrote:
Moome,

I hate to say it but it was user error. I got the player to upscaled the SD DVD's. It was in the blu-ray setting. I guess I didnt notice a step. Here are my settings for the Panny DMP-BD 80 for others to know. I had the 1st step below off. Didnt realize it. Embarassed but I did have the resolution to 1080i.

Under setup in the Display network:
HDMI connection
1. HDMI Video - ON
2. HDMI Resolution - 1080i (1080p if your monitor can display it)
3. 24p - OFF
4. HDMI RGB Output Range - Standard
5. HDMI Audio Output - Off (I use 5.1 analog out to my Denon)
6. Viera Link - Off.

I still can not get it to recognized the xbox. Crying or Very sad

I was reading the reviews at monorprice for the cables I bought and someone there also had a issue with the xbox using the monorprice cable. I then removed it and used an old HDMI ver 1.2a that I had lying around. Still get the same result, squigly lines. I will do more research on that, maybe I am missing something in the xbox settings.

So your product is great and I like it so far. I tried the gamma boost but didnt notice any change last night. It was just a quick check but I will get my meter out sometime this week and take some measurements. I will post my results.

So far its been user error and the device is working as intented.

Keep up the good work. Thumbs Up

Dear newby217:

thanks for feedback~~
glad to hear you can set BD80 working. for Xbox360, I also have one and borrow to my brother,
I may ask him how to set it to get hdmi output work~
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Hopefully this is it Reply with quote

Just found this over on the HDFury thread Embarassed :

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16502&highlight=xbox

I hope this is it. The HDMI on the xbox is probably set to 1080p by default. I will try this tonight. I wont do it blindly but I will take the xbox to my plasma and change the settings there.

I also forgot to mention earlier that even though I get no picture, just squiggly lines, that I do get audio. I can hear the xbox intro when I turn it on as well as the clicks when I use the xbox controller.
moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hopefully this is it Reply with quote

Newby217 wrote:

I hope this is it. The HDMI on the xbox is probably set to 1080p by default. I will try this tonight. I wont do it blindly but I will take the xbox to my plasma and change the settings there.

I also forgot to mention earlier that even though I get no picture, just squiggly lines, that I do get audio. I can hear the xbox intro when I turn it on as well as the clicks when I use the xbox controller.

the audio output from Toslink, right?
moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hopefully this is it Reply with quote

Newby217 wrote:

the audio output from Toslink, right?
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is correct, the toslink from the ext-fullhd box.

I didnt have time yesterday to change the settings. I will try today unless I have to work late again. Crying or Very sad
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hopefully this is it Reply with quote

Newby217 wrote:

Thumbs Up

That was it. I now have the xbox working.

Mr. Green
Newby217

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally had a chance to calibrate and play around with the black boost and gamma function last night. Works great. Mr. Green

The DVD's I tested where SD DVD of Dark night, incredible hulk, and Fifth Element. For the Blu-ray I tested "The Golden Compass" and "Journey to the Center of the earth". Those are the only two Blu-rays I have. Embarassed

I must say the black boost and the gamma adjustment work very well. I calibrated the TV WITHOUT the moome box at a gamma of 2.5. Then I added the box and increased gamma to 2.22. However, I didnt get a linear Gamma at the low end. From 0-30 ire I had a gamma increasing from 2.16 up to 2.2. From 40-100 ire it was linear response. I tried adjusting the brightess to try a get it more linear and that didnt work, then I tried the gamma adjustment and that didnt work either. Any suggestions out there? Did I do something wrong? Now that I think about it, I didnt turn the Black boost off. Maybe that could be the culprit. Neutral

I dont know if its the Blu-ray or the Moome box but the SD DVD's look really really good, very sharp and almost like a blu-ray movie. I have a ton of SD movies and tonight I will be watching something else. Laughing

As stated before, this is a great product. I love the EXT-FullHd device. This box works as advertised. It provides a very sharp picture, ability to center the picture, provides a black boost, gamma adjustment, and two HDMI ports for two devices with the capability of auto switching or manual switching. You just can’t go wrong with this and its cheaper then the HDFury. More bang for your buck. Thumbs Up Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: