Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HDFury3 to Faroudja DVP-5000

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsc98

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: HDFury3 to Faroudja DVP-5000 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am trying to add HDMI for my G90, DVP-5000 combo.
My source is an HTPC with HDMI output from nVidia 9300 (motherboard) graphics.
The normal computer pass-through works ok, but is only 1600x1200.
Units have been previously calibrated (on HDTV input) for RCS DTC-100 (yes, that old).

When I connect the HDFury3 with GammaX I only get an intermittent picture with scrolling, flickering, and jumping around.
In the few seconds it stays still it looks pretty good.
HDFury3 dips are all ON except 4 (sync pass through).
I am feeding the RGBHV signal to the HDTV input of the Faroudja.

Any hints on how to fix or what to try?

Thanks,
Dave.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The passthrough should work at 1080p, although I haven't tried it.

ARe you using the Fury power supply?

Try connecting the Fury directly to the G90 via the BNC inputs, see if bypassing the Faroudja works.
dsc98

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: HDFury3 to Faroudja DVP-5000 Reply with quote

I tried again last night and seems even worse.
Yes, I am using the HDFury3 supply.
-I tried with just HDFury3 (BTW HDFury works ok sending to Sony RPTV via component).
-Still awaiting adaptor to try to G90 directly.
-I also tried tweaking a bit with Powerstrip, but seemed to have no effect.
Most of the time Faroudja says "Invalid HDTV signal".
dsc98

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: HDFury3 to Faroudja DVP-5000 - G90 Reply with quote

Help!
I have now tried connecting HDFury3 directly to G90 after getting an adaptor (VGA to female BNC).
I get a jumpy picture with uneven brightness - same as before.
The G90 info display also shows no Vertical sync signal.
I tried setting Clamp to HC with no help - although it seems to revert back to Auto on its own.
I measured the signal outputs; RGB~=.3v, HV~=0.1-0.2volts from the HDFury3.
(NOTE: Measured output of Faroudja is ~3.6volts for HV; doc says 4v)
(NOTE2: Measurements are similar coming directly from the VGA output of HTPC; which works fine when fed to the Faroudja.)
What is the typical voltage for the sync signals? Is the HDFury/HTPC outputting correctly?
I get a stable (but green) image when I set HDFury3 to component output to the G90.
The HDFury3 output works ok connecting to the VGA input of a computer monitor (HP 2169) using RGB.
The HDFury3 also works ok connecting to an older RPTV via component output @1080i.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
My goal is to add HDMI to the setup and eventually bypass the Faroudja and replace with a Lumagen.

Dave.
drjon

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: HDFury3 to Faroudja DVP-5000 - G90 Reply with quote

dsc98 wrote:
Help!
I have now tried connecting HDFury3 directly to G90 after getting an adaptor (VGA to female BNC).
I get a jumpy picture with uneven brightness - same as before.
The G90 info display also shows no Vertical sync signal.
I tried setting Clamp to HC with no help - although it seems to revert back to Auto on its own.
I measured the signal outputs; RGB~=.3v, HV~=0.1-0.2volts from the HDFury3.
(NOTE: Measured output of Faroudja is ~3.6volts for HV; doc says 4v)
(NOTE2: Measurements are similar coming directly from the VGA output of HTPC; which works fine when fed to the Faroudja.)
What is the typical voltage for the sync signals? Is the HDFury/HTPC outputting correctly?
I get a stable (but green) image when I set HDFury3 to component output to the G90.
The HDFury3 output works ok connecting to the VGA input of a computer monitor (HP 2169) using RGB.
The HDFury3 also works ok connecting to an older RPTV via component output @1080i.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
My goal is to add HDMI to the setup and eventually bypass the Faroudja and replace with a Lumagen.

Dave.

Hi Dave, I am facing similar issues with the HDfury3 and Sony G90 - stable and green but only if set to component output. Were you able to solve the issue. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: