Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

iRule - The iPhone/iPod touch/iPad remote solution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Jim, many thanks for XML file.
I managed to upload the file directly to irule builder.
I've created a panel and have used your device file to programme some buttons, but this thing is still not working for me.
Just to confirm a few things
1 I'm using the 100-12
2 I've got an ir blaster plugged into port 3, configured using GC UI, works as it controls my lutron 18ft away.
3 irule is configured, under devices tab marquee is connected to port 3 on the correct ip address
4 My marquee is a vdc 8110+ 2006 yr. projector address 000.
5 can't get an r323 cable to the pj without chasing the Walls and ceiling so that's not an option for me.

Any clues where I've gone wrong? Neutral
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djude wrote:
If you read my previous posts you will see I have a complete set of codes readerly available from remotecentral.com.

If you want I can send you the CCF for you to try. How are you sending IR to the marquee, blaster?

So. Surrey Lad

Have ever made yours work? You said you had all the codes loaded at remote central, do they work?

Djude, I'm in the exact same dilemma as you, got a maquee, got irule and invested money in some networking/IR hardware and now struggling to get it working. Crying or Very sad
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrey lad wrote:
Jim, many thanks for XML file.
I managed to upload the file directly to irule builder.
I've created a panel and have used your device file to programme some buttons, but this thing is still not working for me.
Just to confirm a few things
1 I'm using the 100-12
2 I've got an ir blaster plugged into port 3, configured using GC UI, works as it controls my lutron 18ft away.
3 irule is configured, under devices tab marquee is connected to port 3 on the correct ip address
4 My marquee is a vdc 8110+ 2006 yr. projector address 000.
5 can't get an r323 cable to the pj without chasing the Walls and ceiling so that's not an option for me.

Any clues where I've gone wrong? Neutral

1, 4, 5, are good.
2) When you bring up your projector page do you have a green link light in the lower right corner of the Iphone?
When you push a button do you have green or red communication arrows in the lower left corner of the Iphone?
If you have both of the above, a green link light and a green communication arrow does your link light on the back of the gc-100 light up when you push a button?
3) If any or all of 2, are not working I would install the blaster in port 6 and reconfigure it there in ihelp and change the configuration under devices on the phone for the projector only as a test.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Kildare wrote:

1, 4, 5, are good.
2) When you bring up your projector page do you have a green link light in the lower right corner of the Iphone?
When you push a button do you have green or red communication arrows in the lower left corner of the Iphone?
If you have both of the above, a green link light and a green communication arrow does your link light on the back of the gc-100 light up when you push a button?
3) If any or all of 2, are not working I would install the blaster in port 6 and reconfigure it there in ihelp and change the configuration under devices on the phone for the projector only as a test.

2, lower right green light is on when on the pj panel, pressing a button does give me the green communication arrows bottom left and the link light on the back of GC do flick. Confused

3, Ok, tried port 6, configured ihelp etc.... all items above in (2) confirmed ok for port 6 but still .... nada
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrey lad,

It sounds as if everything's configured properly and the command is being sent. Having said that I think at this point if you haven't already done so, I would delete both your On and Off buttons, install new ones and install the codes to those two buttons again. If that doesn't get you going i'll upload the codes I sent you and try them from scratch on another page.

Jim
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Kildare wrote:
Jdude,

I have the files in xml all set to upload to Irule. PM will not allow me to upload them so if you pm me your email I'll send them to you. You may need xml 2007 but you may be able to copy them in the same folder as the rest of your remote files and just upload it to irule. I hope you're using an IR blaster which you will need to configure in ihelp. If you are using a Gc-100-6 you will need to configure it for port 3, if using a Gc100-12 or 18 you should be able to configure any port.

Jim

Jim is the MAN.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

It worked, but frankly I'm pretty clueless as to how I made it work. I think bottom line is Jim's codes are good.

I imported them into irule builder and they showed up as a new device IR projector.

The codes showed up in Hex format, I made a new panel, synced irule builder to my iphone, attached the IR projector to port 3 on the GC Itach IR gateway, and everything came up right away.......
I used On, Off, enter, exit, up, down, right, left, standby on, standby off, conv, #, and 1,2,3. Now I can change between my three different channels, 720, 1080p, and strectched. as well as do a quick convergence.

I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but when I saved my settings I changed the description on the bottom left of the Irule page to Marquee 9500LC and changed the status to "Shared".
Mr. Green

Thanks Again Jim!!!!!!!

Surrey Lad I hope this works for you, I know you've been at this a lot longer than I.
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdude,
Great stuff, and you're welcome.

Surrey Lad,
Idea Delete the buttons as stated above and if that doesn't work I think I have another set of codes we'll try. I got all crazy when I got mine working and deleted them, so i'll have to find them and throw a few in xml to try.

Jim
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djude wrote:

Jim is the MAN.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

It worked, but frankly I'm pretty clueless as to how I made it work. I think bottom line is Jim's codes are good.

I imported them into irule builder and they showed up as a new device IR projector.

Mr. Green

Thanks Again Jim!!!!!!!

Surrey Lad I hope this works for you, I know you've been at this a lot longer than I.

Thats just not fair Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ................................................ Mr. Green !

Right Jim, i'm just going to start on your recommendations, i just can't see way i'm having problems.

And thanks for the new set of codes,i'm on it now.

i'll be back!
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely nothing happening here.

i've got a new page setup on the ipad with just 4 buttons, 2 for the marquee and 2 for epc. when i press the marquee on and off the activity light on the back of GC does flicker but not with the epc ones.

fyi, i first tried leaving the repetitions for your codes at the default '3', repeat on keyhold 'off',
I then tried again, leaving the repetitions at the default '3', repeat on keyhold 'on', repeats at default '0.2', then repeats at '1.0' and lastly repeats at '0.5'.

Jim are you using an Itach or GC-100? Djude has the Itach and i have the GC100, could that be it? Plus i'm using and ipad1 if that makes any difference. Confused
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrey lad wrote:
absolutely nothing happening here.

i've got a new page setup on the ipad with just 4 buttons, 2 for the marquee and 2 for epc. when i press the marquee on and off the activity light on the back of GC does flicker but not with the epc ones.

fyi, i first tried leaving the repetitions for your codes at the default '3', repeat on keyhold 'off',
I then tried again, leaving the repetitions at the default '3', repeat on keyhold 'on', repeats at default '0.2', then repeats at '1.0' and lastly repeats at '0.5'.

Jim are you using an Itach or GC-100? Djude has the Itach and i have the GC100, could that be it? Plus i'm using and ipad1 if that makes any difference. Confused

Your projector's being pretty stubborn.
Keep that page remove all the buttons and install 3 Ons and 3 Offs, i'll see if I can find some more. Might be worth asking in the crt forum if there has been any change in codes as you projector is pretty new. I don't think there was, but one of the Guru's would know for sure.

I am using a Gc-100-18, which is the same as yours. I am also using an iphone and ipad one with no problems. Sent you another xml, I only changed the top code, a power code only (not discreet).

Give it a try and i'll try looking for some more.

Jim
dantheman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Customising buttons in iRule Reply with quote

Dear members,

This is perhaps a bit too basic but I am confused anyway. If I would like to use a prefabricated button from the iRule Builder Library is there a way to change the text on them or the size of the button. Or is it set in 'concrete'? I have found some very nice buttons in polished metal but they do not have the right logos or text and also adjusting the size would be very useful.

Best regards
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used a smaller button set that was available under other users custom buttons. I think I went with small black 49x
dantheman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Djude,

That is an option naturally but is there possibly a way of modifying the buttons in the library. I see that one of the buttons in the various series is often is left blank - must mean I guess that you should be able to add your own logo or text? How can that be done, can the library buttons possibly be downloaded into another piece of software? I have not been able to drag or copy a button so that it can be used outside Iruler Builder.

Best regards
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is a way, as all those people created those buttons. I don't think it was fast or easy though.... Do you have the new 2.0 version? That may make it more possible. I was not able to find out how to customize buttons when I purchased in June. I have 1.7
dantheman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djude,

It seems that the buttons are pictures and you cannot modify them in Irule. However I do not grasp how they can be imported into a Paint programme or equivalent. When you click on a button you can see that it has an identity in the form of a .png file (name shows up in the lefthand column of the iRule Builder screen). That file would be very useful to access to bring into the Paint programme for modification. However I can see no way of doing that. Perhaps someone with greater expertise can help.

Best regards
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to email or PM Crabb.
dantheman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham,

Thank you for your tip - I have sent Crabb an email.

Best regards
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. eCrabb is part of the team over at Irule. I am looking forward to meeting up with Crabb, Itai and everyone else at Cedia. After meeting Itai last year, I can say he is extremely passionate about his product.
dantheman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted eCrabb and he gave me this solution:

' To grab a button for editing, in the Builder, go to Actions -> Browse image libraries. Click the Search button. In the library of your choice, click the "View" eyeball icon. From there, you can drag whatever buttons you need to edit (including the blanks) to your desktop or a folder on your computer (unlike in the general builder UI). There also blank buttons in a zip file for download at the iRule site: http://www.iruleathome.com/support/downloads.html'

It is easy when you know how to...

Being able to do so makes all the difference to me when designing my panels and I am sure other 'developers' would also benefit from this knowledge.

Best regards
dantheman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: RS 232 problem Reply with quote

Dear Members,

My problem is the following problem.

I have connected the Global Cache 100 with a Pioneer Susan amp via one of the serial connections. The response I get is very limited and is basically succeeding to power up the machine with it then taking no more commands. If I wait for quite a long while it might take another command but then it goes unresponsive again, It is like the amp is getting clogged up and not accepting any further commands.

I have tried various cables but it has not helped.

I would be grateful for any advice

Best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: