Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

iRule - The iPhone/iPod touch/iPad remote solution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
ecrabb wrote:
Oh, and do I understand correctly that you have a whole row of recliners sliding over a foot for ingress/egress to part of your room?!!?? If so, then, ummm.... I'm going to need to see video of that before we can go any further! Wink

Seriously, that sounds awesome! What kind of actuator setup are you using to move the recliners?

SC

http://progressiveautomations.com/linear-actuators/linear-actuator-stroke-size-12-force-400-lbs-speed-0-59-/sec
View user's photo album (2 photos)
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone been able to control the marquee using IR, i've got the GCS 100-12 and their blaster? I've had no joy using the ccf found on remotecentral written by Guy Kuo Sad
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrey lad wrote:
anyone been able to control the marquee using IR, i've got the GCS 100-12 and their blaster? I've had no joy using the ccf found on remotecentral written by Guy Kuo Sad

I was going to try that if I don't get the rs-232 working. You may need the GC-IRL IR Learner to capture the codes from the marquee remote and then upload them to irule. The Marquee's IR is something like 337khz and seems to be a higher modulating frequency than most remotes. It would be really nice to get rs232 working with irule as a cable is cheaper than the blaster and 232 can confirm the status of the command executed.

Let me know how you make out and i'll do the same.

Jim
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, what concerns me is that Guy Kuo's ccf should in theorywork with the blaster as it is supposed to transmit upto 500khz. I'm obviously trying to avoid to added expense of the GC-IRL. BTW i can't get an 232 cable to the pj without major disruption to my ceiling.

The following is taken from the ccf text file

"Electrohome Universal.ccf" enables Pronto control of Electrohome Low or High Freq ECP, Marquee, and Vidikron video projectors. Until now, the Pronto could not be used with the 336 KHz high frequency Marquee or Vidikron projectors due to inablity to learn the codes. High freq ECP could be controlled but with limited reliability using learned low freq codes. This ccf contains new high freq codes which were synthesized using a custom program I wrote and thus bypassing the Pronto's high freq learning problem.

Codes are provided on single panel for each class projector. The buttons are small so I recommend aliasing to the code buttons rather than directly using the macor group panels.

The "Marquee/Vidikron panel" implements the 336 KHz protocol A signals required by those projectors. The following functions are available for the Electrohome Marquee and Vidikron Vision.

0 POWER
2 EXIT
3 RECALL
4 GEOM
5 4
7 Power On
8 PIC
9 SOURCE
12 CONV
13 7
16 MUTE
19 2
20 TINT
21 6
23 Standby Off
24 *
26 UP
28 BRITE
29 9
30 DOWN
32 STBY
35 3
36 DETAIL
37 5
38 RIGHT
39 Power Off
40 UTIL
44 VOL
45 8
48 0
50 ENTER
51 1
52 COLOR
53 HELP
54 LEFT
55 Standby On
56 PROJ
60 CONT
61 #

This project is the culmination of the work and knowledge of several members of the AV Science Forum (www.avsforum.com). Without their help, I would not have been able to create the hex codes and this ccf. I would like to thank the following:

Barry Gordon supplied the Electrohome IR pulse format documentation. His seminal "prontoedit-learned-ir-code-disp" document which describes the Pronto hex code format is required reading material in order to understand ProntoEdit hex code.

Paul Chambers sampled the output of a Marquee remote control and verified the pulse format was consistent with Electrohome documentation.

Bob Sorel inspired this project and tested the candidate Marquee codes. He produced the final mapping of codes in this ccf.

Tim Martin provided a method for accurately and efficiently mapping the codes.

Magnolia Hi-Fi of Bellevue graciously donated use of their Vidikron Vision One for testing of these codes.

Lain Davis discovered that protocol B codes operate high frequency Electrohome ECP projectors and provided function mapping.

If you incorporate this ccf or the included hex codes, please include the "credits" panel of this ccf within your ccf.

Guy Kuo
Ovation Software, Inc.
www.ovationsw.com
Home of the AVIA Guide to Home Theater DVD
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I'll actually be talking to Itai later, so I'll ask if he has any insight on the IR issue. I can't imagine you don't have to do something special for the IR to operate at the different carrier frequency.

Jim, have you tried anything further with your serial?

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It took a fair bit of the weekend to confirm, but I now know i'm an IDIOT!!!
I tried everything, and finally got it to work with itest. Then I knew I was close. I went into gateways and saw at the very bottom of the page rs232, flicked the page up and directed the projector there and the rest is history.

I've now got On, Off, and standby. Not sure if irule 1.7 can return a confirmation command, but that's the next step.

Thanks for the help, and could you thank Atai for me as he pushed me in the right direction. I am thrilled that after 10 years with this projector I can finally turn my whole theater on from outside with the push of two buttons and let it warm up.

And I will get video of the remote controlled seating, it is pretty slick. Just been busy with irule.

Jim
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick questions...Sorry if you already answered....Is iRule one way...Meaning it can only send commands out RS-232 via a gateway?

Can read a status from a RS-232 device?

Mike

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mike... The feedback capability is currently in development. I don't know what stage the development is in because I'm too busy with other projects to be of any assistance beta-testing at this time, but I know it works and I know some people are currently testing it.

I think I've seen where it's planned for the next major release.

SC
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1333129

The Bland is experimenting with replacing his RTI system with Irule.

Crabb,
ARe you still developing for this?
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jeff and Itai have been talking for some time about Jeff trying iRule. It was only a matter of time... Wink Twisted Evil

Just my opinion, but I think you're going to start seeing Jeff's story more and more often. iRule is far from perfect, but considering the price and quality of the hardware, how easy it is to learn and set up, and how customizable it is, how long is it going to continue to make sense for guys to stick with their AMX, Crestron, RTI, Control4, etc. systems? Who wants a couple of $2000 touch panels when two $500 iPads offer nearly the same functionality for control, and a whole lot more? Who wants to pay a few hundred bucks for programming every time they want to try a piece of new equipment?

Yep, still working with Itai... Mostly just graphics-related stuff... I think the prospects are pretty exciting at this point and I can't wait to see what's going on by the time CEDIA rolls around.

SC
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is going to be a marathon. Itai sounds like he is in this for the long haul though. I think the big ticket is converting over new users instead of existing owners.
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Has anybody gotten the Irule to work with a 9500Lc on IR Reply with quote

Just wondering if anybody has gotten Irule to work with a 9500.

I tried using the codes that they have on the site, but it won't work for me.

contacted them, but answers aren't coming very quickly. I've managed to get all my other equipment working... at least part way....

Thanks....
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Has anybody gotten the Irule to work with a 9500Lc on IR Reply with quote

Djude wrote:
Just wondering if anybody has gotten Irule to work with a 9500.

I tried using the codes that they have on the site, but it won't work for me.

contacted them, but answers aren't coming very quickly. I've managed to get all my other equipment working... at least part way....

Thanks....

Which codes are you referring to? I can't find any on their site.
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry.... I tried to use the Vidikron codes that they had on their site. Those were the codes I was referring to.

They did get back to me yesterday and tell me that they didn't have any..... That I would have to try and make the Global Cache learn them.....
Really bummed that they don't exist already on their site.
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djude wrote:
I'm sorry.... I tried to use the Vidikron codes that they had on their site. Those were the codes I was referring to.

They did get back to me yesterday and tell me that they didn't have any..... That I would have to try and make the Global Cache learn them.....
Really bummed that they don't exist already on their site.

If you read my previous posts you will see I have a complete set of codes readerly available from remotecentral.com.

If you want I can send you the CCF for you to try. How are you sending IR to the marquee, blaster?
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that you could do to help me through this would be greatly appreciated Laughing

I'm curious as to why they aren't on the Irule site.. To be honest, I hadn't really looked at remote central.

I have no clue as to how to go about loading codes from somewhere else. Yes.... I am a noob...

I'm pretty surprised I've managed to get all the rest of my remotes loaded.... Rolling Eyes
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdude,

I have the files in xml all set to upload to Irule. PM will not allow me to upload them so if you pm me your email I'll send them to you. You may need xml 2007 but you may be able to copy them in the same folder as the rest of your remote files and just upload it to irule. I hope you're using an IR blaster which you will need to configure in ihelp. If you are using a Gc-100-6 you will need to configure it for port 3, if using a Gc100-12 or 18 you should be able to configure any port.

Jim
surrey lad

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Kildare wrote:
Jdude,

I have the files in xml all set to upload to Irule. PM will not allow me to upload them so if you pm me your email I'll send them to you. You may need xml 2007 but you may be able to copy them in the same folder as the rest of your remote files and just upload it to irule. I hope you're using an IR blaster which you will need to configure in ihelp. If you are using a Gc-100-6 you will need to configure it for port 3, if using a Gc100-12 or 18 you should be able to configure any port.

Jim

Do you have this working with the blaster? I've got the blaster and Gc100-12 and can't get it working Sad The blaster works and is configured correctly as i'm using that to also control lutron lighting.

Can i have a try of your codes, i'll pm you my address.

In irulebuiler i have set up a device named marquee it's got most of the buttons and it's shared if anyone wants to give it a try.
Djude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read my previous posts you will see I have a complete set of codes readerly available from remotecentral.com.

If you want I can send you the CCF for you to try. How are you sending IR to the marquee, blaster?

So. Surrey Lad

Have ever made yours work? You said you had all the codes loaded at remote central, do they work?
J Kildare

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

First of all, yes I have these codes working just the way I sent them to you. I also have the full set of working rs232 codes as well. I would recommend the 232 codes for a couple of reasons, price being one of them. This is one of the best things I ever did for my theater, I have macros with 50 to 60 different commands so when I enter my theater everything is all warmed up and set to go. The projector was always the only thing that prevented me from doing this.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: