Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

strange blue image issue with Moome HDMI 1.3 in 9500LC Ultra

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_ro_co

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: strange blue image issue with Moome HDMI 1.3 in 9500LC Ultra Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
HDMI sources fed to my Madrigal MP9 via a Moome HDMI 1.3 card have developed a severe defect. The bottom 1/3 of the image has a pronounced green hue to it due to blue output dropping off dramatically over that portion of the image.

This is not due to the projector. Internal patterns are fine, as are RGB sources fed to Channel 1 on the VIM. This problem is definitely due to the Moome card. It is not the HDMI cable. I have swapped it. I have also fiddled with the gamma and it also does nothing to fix this. I have taken out the card and reseated it. I have fed it via a Tosh HD-XA2 and my PS3, over known good HDMI cables. The image defect is present for both.

Anyone ever seen this issue? What's my alternative to the Moome if I want to stay HDMI to the projector?

Thanks!

Steve

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait for Moome to pop in here. Maybe it's fixable.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you do nat have a problem with the Blue Zone Contrast from the CMM board. It does save its settings for each memory block separately I do believe. So that could be why you do not see it with every input.
Try removing the CMM board first. it is located above or below the CLM depending on ceiling or floor mount. You need to remove the narrow cover to get to it.
Not 100% sure but its an easy test.
The PJ works fine with out it.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
mr_ro_co

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Are you sure you do nat have a problem with the Blue Zone Contrast from the CMM board. It does save its settings for each memory block separately I do believe. So that could be why you do not see it with every input.
Try removing the CMM board first. it is located above or below the CLM depending on ceiling or floor mount. You need to remove the narrow cover to get to it.
Not 100% sure but its an easy test.
The PJ works fine with out it.

Athanasios

I have two recall memory blocks saved for HD-DVD and Blueray HDMI sources, both of which are fed through the MOOME card. Test patterns from either of these sources show the same blue drop-off issue.

I'm reluctant to suspect the CMM board. In addition to the drop off in blue towards the bottom of the blue image, there is also a faint vertical line visible on the right side of the image with multiple fainter lines to the left and none to the right of that main vertical line. None of this is visible on any color if I simply go to the internal patterns and look individually at each color. I don't think the CMM board could be responsible for these lines that only occur in the blue image.

But I can try pulling the CMM board. I will also try driving the pj on its RGB input with a PC and some test patterns to ensure the problem is isolated to the MOOME card.

The MOOME card goes through the Source 2 input on the VIM, correct? Could the VIM itself be damaged? That is, are the internal patterns downstream of the VIM circuitry? My VIM has the Mikron mod.

I will take some screen shots to illustrate these issues.

Thanks!

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: