Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

marquee hdmi 1.3vim recognized as a nec xg???

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: marquee hdmi 1.3vim recognized as a nec xg??? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
ok this is the deal.
my ps3 is just running fine but when i want to setup my pc at 1920*1080 72 or 75 hz i am not getting the right image.
image is fine but the text from windows is unreadable, it overlaps just a tiny bit but enough for it to be unreadable.
i suppose this happens in the actual picture too but its just too minor to see.

and i think its weird the hdmi moome vim is being recognized as a nec xg because its in my marquee 9500 u and i am sure i ordered the marquee vim.

any ideas how to get proper letters at 72 and 75hz.

i can get a proper pic at 60hz but thats not what i want of course.

dennis
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: marquee hdmi 1.3vim recognized as a nec xg??? Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
ok this is the deal.
my ps3 is just running fine but when i want to setup my pc at 1920*1080 72 or 75 hz i am not getting the right image.
image is fine but the text from windows is unreadable, it overlaps just a tiny bit but enough for it to be unreadable.

and i think its weird the hdmi moome vim is being recognized as a nec xg because its in my marquee 9500 u and i am sure i ordered the marquee vim.

dennis

I don't think the PS3 will do 72Hz or 75Hz. You need a VP or HTPC for that... though I am no PS3 expert.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome uses the NEC EDID's for all his products, that is why your PC see the NEC.

If your main purpose is for 2.4 movies then there is a Lumagen HDP for sale on Videogon, it will do 1920x800p@72.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: marquee hdmi 1.3vim recognized as a nec xg??? Reply with quote

i know the ps3 just runs at 60hz but i cant get the moome to work correctly with my pc.
i use powerstrip and tried almost every timing and porch settings.
when i run the standard setup from ati i get a decent pic at 60 hz but not at 72??
vga works ok but via the moome i get a better picture.
i still have to do the vertical squeeze mod but i really dont think this will solve the issue.

dennis

CIR Engineering wrote:
dvh99 wrote:
ok this is the deal.

dennis

I don't think the PS3 will do 72Hz or 75Hz. You need a VP or HTPC for that... though I am no PS3 expert.

craigr
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi nashou i know the lumagen is a real nice product but the eisemann tubes are on top of my list so the lumagen will have to wait unless youre willing to transfer 3500 dollars Smile.
i doubt however the lumagen is better then an ati graphics card and if i would spend that kind of money i have to see the lumagen connected to my set to be convinced.

about the colours after the clm mod i really cant say i see any difference (bit colourblind doesnt help either).
but the main thing i noticed is a much steadier picture and i really like it.
i used the 0.1 and 22uf together on the 15v rails.

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: marquee hdmi 1.3vim recognized as a nec xg??? Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
i know the ps3 just runs at 60hz but i cant get the moome to work correctly with my pc.
i use powerstrip and tried almost every timing and porch settings.
when i run the standard setup from ati i get a decent pic at 60 hz but not at 72??
vga works ok but via the moome i get a better picture.
i still have to do the vertical squeeze mod but i really dont think this will solve the issue.

dennis

Dennis....are you trying to bitstream audio with your HTPC? If so that would be the only reason I could see using HDMI with a PC....RGBHV will work fine.

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: