Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Does the calibration process alter the results?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karoloydi

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Does the calibration process alter the results? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So, I finished my calibration. Was quite happy with it.
Next day I tested again to see if I ll get the same results. The difference was not huge, but big enough. For example instead of gamma 2.2 I got gamma 2.7. Instead of deltas being lower than 3 for the grayscale they were around 5.
So, I decided to calibrate again. After an hour of fiddling with the settings, I decided to test my original (yesterday's) settings again.
Perfect results again! Like the way they were the previous day.
So, I am thinking that the process of calibration produces results that dont reflect the real world.
Maybe we should harry up and finish the calibration within 10 minutes? But that would be unreasonable.
akajester

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that all depend on your meter and whether you did the calibration correctly or not?

I've had good results with my meter and I get similar results the next day. When I first started I had a few issues but noticed the lighting was different or a device had a blue led shining on the screen enough to throw off the results. I don't make those same mistakes now though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: