Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

A litle help with the graphics

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotsauce2007

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: A litle help with the graphics Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi guys,

I saw the dummies tutorial, and buy one Eye Lt,

But maybe I need a lot of help over here...
check my graphics, and also, How can I do something better? Rolling Eyes

Before:

After

I´m using this on my Samsung 50' 1080p LCD Tv.

tks4 the help... Thumbs Up
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's much better, but you still have some work to do. I'm guessing those are the low-IRE data points near 9300? Except low-IRE measurements generally tend to read red, not blue. I don't know how the Eye-One does in low lumens.

Here are a few things to do:

1. Do a Primary & Secondary measurement, and post the resulting CIE diagram. That will tell us if your primaries are off.
2. Post the Luminance graph, Gamma graph, RGB Levels graph, and color temp graph. Those tell a lot more about your grayscale performance than the CIE diagram.
hotsauce2007

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
Well that's much better, but you still have some work to do. I'm guessing those are the low-IRE data points near 9300? Except low-IRE measurements generally tend to read red, not blue. I don't know how the Eye-One does in low lumens.

Here are a few things to do:

1. Do a Primary & Secondary measurement, and post the resulting CIE diagram. That will tell us if your primaries are off.
2. Post the Luminance graph, Gamma graph, RGB Levels graph, and color temp graph. Those tell a lot more about your grayscale performance than the CIE diagram.

Hey Gary,

tks for the help,

There´s my calibrations files, before and after, tell me what u think... Very Happy

http://www.htforum.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=22437&d=1262479959

two files, zip,

thanks again,
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't access them without registering at the site. Can you post them here?
hotsauce2007

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, Embarassed

sorry Gary, my bad...

Here we go again , Very Happy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G1U0LWQZ

I´ve be looking for english subtitles in BD DVE HD basics, but I can´t find, Crying or Very sad
This BD has subtitles? My disc is from amazon.com, here in brazil I find a guy selling this same BD, but with subtitles included, spanish and english, this is true?...

thanks ...
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you on BD DVE -- I don't have it.

OK, your "before" is really terrible, with everything badly skewed toward blue. You knew that, but I'm a bit surprised at how bad some of the charts look. Did you figure out why everything was so consistently blue?

Your "after" results are much better. I'll bet your colors look a WHOLE lot better now!! As I suspected, the worst points on the CIE diagram are for 0 and 10 IRE. Probes often don't read well at those low levels so it's hard to say whether it's a problem with your calibration or a limitation of your probe, but I'd suspect the probe. Don't worry too much about those unless you notice the really dark areas looking noticeably blue-ish.

You didn't include primaries and secondaries on the CIE chart so I can't tell how those are.

The Luminance and Gamma charts show that your luminance levels at various IRE levels are off, resulting in a high gamma (low brightness) at low IREs, and low gamma (high brightness) in the 40-80% range. This means your low-level areas (shadow details, things like that) are too dark, and mid-level areas (most areas on the screen, usually) are too bright. It may be hard to see detail in dark areas.

Your color temp results are not too bad. You want the delta E (magenta line on the RGB Levels chart, which shows how far off you are from the ideal D6500 color temp) to be as low as possible. Yours are under 10 for 20-100%. You can certainly do better but that's pretty good.

Now, what to do? There I can't help you much. I have no idea how to adjust your Samsung. If you have the ability to tweak color levels at different IRE levels, that would be my first recommendation. R & G are too high from 40-80%, and B is too high 40-90%.

I don't see any 50" LCD's on the Samsung site, but all the 46-55" TV's are "Series 6" and are probably similar. But the manuals don't cover anything about calibration so I can't offer any suggestions.
hotsauce2007

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
Can't help you on BD DVE -- I don't have it.

OK, your "before" is really terrible, with everything badly skewed toward blue. You knew that, but I'm a bit surprised at how bad some of the charts look. Did you figure out why everything was so consistently blue?

Your "after" results are much better. I'll bet your colors look a WHOLE lot better now!! As I suspected, the worst points on the CIE diagram are for 0 and 10 IRE. Probes often don't read well at those low levels so it's hard to say whether it's a problem with your calibration or a limitation of your probe, but I'd suspect the probe. Don't worry too much about those unless you notice the really dark areas looking noticeably blue-ish.

You didn't include primaries and secondaries on the CIE chart so I can't tell how those are.

The Luminance and Gamma charts show that your luminance levels at various IRE levels are off, resulting in a high gamma (low brightness) at low IREs, and low gamma (high brightness) in the 40-80% range. This means your low-level areas (shadow details, things like that) are too dark, and mid-level areas (most areas on the screen, usually) are too bright. It may be hard to see detail in dark areas.

Your color temp results are not too bad. You want the delta E (magenta line on the RGB Levels chart, which shows how far off you are from the ideal D6500 color temp) to be as low as possible. Yours are under 10 for 20-100%. You can certainly do better but that's pretty good.

Now, what to do? There I can't help you much. I have no idea how to adjust your Samsung. If you have the ability to tweak color levels at different IRE levels, that would be my first recommendation. R & G are too high from 40-80%, and B is too high 40-90%.

I don't see any 50" LCD's on the Samsung site, but all the 46-55" TV's are "Series 6" and are probably similar. But the manuals don't cover anything about calibration so I can't offer any suggestions.

Hey gary,

I´m back... Laughing
I was trying to find patterns for secondary and primary colours test, but now I get, so I did the measure and there is the results:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PC03B388

and sorry, u are right, my tv has 52" inches,
I´ll do again the calibration for dummies,

thank u soo much for the help...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: