Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Issues with G70, Moome Full HD V2 Card & DVDO Edge

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haireez

TV/Projector: Vidikron Vision 1 - Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Issues with G70, Moome Full HD V2 Card & DVDO Edge Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

Need some advise as I just bought a DVDO Edge to fully maximize my G70 and Moome Full HD V2 card.

My first issue is that when I set-up my DVDO Egde to output 1080P at 60 Hz, I did not get a smooth image and it seems like there is some lag in the motion especially while watching EPL soccer game. It could be annoying and will make you fill giddy at time and I'm not too sure how to resolve this.

Secondly, I tried to set the output to 1080P at 50 Hz and this actually resolved the motion lag that I encounter at 60 Hz. However, setting at 50 Hz caused another problem. The image is now shifted to the left and when I tried to use shift mode, I'm not able to shift the image to the center of the screen even when I shift to the maximum. Rolling Eyes

Other than this, I found the DVDO Edge is an excellent product and produce image that is sharper than I anticipated and really bring my enjoyment to the next level.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Faizel
cinema mad

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Faizel,

The problem you have would be solved with A VP such as the DVDO VP50 or 50pro that allows for custom timings so you
can move the image left or right in the Raster.. Unfortunatly the DVDO EDGE and DUO dont support these more advanced features that are most usefull for CRT projector's such as in your case..

The EDGE and DUO where designed pretty much for the basic user/plug and play..

Also the DVDO VP 50/50pro with its custom timings would allow you to set up custom resolutions for Pal DVD & Blu-ray best suited to the G70 and not wast the limited bandwidth .. As even A low hour G70 cannot fully resolve 1920x1080p @ 50/ 60 Hz =173.099mhz (1.75:1 aspect ratio) thus the image will be much softer non optimal compared to 1920x817p @48hz (2:2) = 100.260mhz due to Staying under the G70's "Bandwidth limit of 120mhz "...

IE: Pal DVD on disc is 720x576i @50hz input into VP50pro scaled to 1280x720p @75Hz (3:3)=smooth motion & 1.75:1 aspect ratio..

Blu-Ray discs mostly have 2.40:1 & 2.35:1 aspect rastio's =
1920x800 24p = 2.40:1 ... & 1920x817 24p = 2.35:1 aspect ratio.. So Set up A Custom res for Blu-Ray of 1920x817p @48Hz (2:2 frame doubled) =100.260mhz thus covers both 2.40:1 & 2.35:1 aspect ratios and gives you smooth motion and most importently stays under the G70's bandwidth limit..

Hope this helps,
Cheers...
haireez

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the clear explanation. I hope that there will be a software update from Anchor Bay to address this issue so that this model can also set custom timing as the VP50.
Regards
Faizel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Faizel, I appreciate your thanks, your most welcome..

I am afraid to say that the Edge & Duo will not be updated via firmware to alow the ability for custom resolutions/timings
as this was never Anchor bays intention for the EDGE & DUO as they are mealy aimed at more of A Plug and play device..

Cheers...
haireez

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I forgot to mention that this issue only happen when using my HD Set-top box only (1080i) and I did not notice the same issue using a bluray player or my PS3.

Regards
Faizel

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: