Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Having problem with ext-Full HDv2 and Onkyo905
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sulley

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
cinema mad wrote:
The problem with Splitters when connected to the BD30 Blu-players HDMI output sending one to Display and the other to the
905 is that your Audio will be downgraded to standard dolby or DTS you wont get the HD codec's Due to the EDID being reported by
the Moome... Onkyo 905 asks Display device what do you support Moome V2 external reports standard Dolby/DTS..

I do not really understand the HDMI matrix switch or the splitter, are they different or the same? Just from the advertisement, the matrix switch can send output to to 2 displays at the same time, can they have different resolutions and work independently? Or both displays need to have same resolution and alter one resolution will affect the other ?
Do you mean if one display only accept standard audio content (Moome V2 box) then other HDMI will only output the same. But how about vice-versa, if I connect Onkyo 905 first and will it force the HD codec to V2 box?
cinema mad

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are to different display devices running at the same time the one with the reported lowest resolution will be the resolution sent to both display devices, as you cant send independen resolutions to each display @ the same time..

If you have the splitter placed at the HDMI output of the Blu-Ray player and split one to Onkyo and one to Display you will only get
the Audio that the Display device reports so with Moome you will get Standard Lossy Dolby and DTS..

If you Split at the Onkyo HDMI output you will get all the audio codecs but due to pass through in the Onkyo the Picture will be slightly degraded less quality..

Cheers...
cinema mad

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mined that this Discussion has nothing to do with HDCP it is to do with EDID, I was only pointing out HDMI Splitters/Matrix inherent issues ...

So by adding one of these splitters/Matrix won't quere the issues you Discribe, regarding the question you asked about "if adding A HDMI matrix will solve your problem"....

Cheers...
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cinema mad wrote:
The problem with Splitters when connected to the BD30 Blu-players HDMI output sending one to Display and the other to the
905 is that your Audio will be downgraded to standard dolby or DTS you wont get the HD codec's Due to the EDID being reported by
the Moome... Onkyo 905 asks Display device what do you support Moome V2 external reports standard Dolby/DTS..

Without using A PC There are 2 ways around this,

1, use A Gefen HDMI Detective plus with EDID programing, to trick the Onkyo due to the Moome HDMI Detective combo now reporting HD audio complient thus it will allow HD Codecs..
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8005

2, (The Best way) Moome updates the EDID in the Moome V2 thus report's that it supports HD codecs..

Also Pass through in Devices such as Sound processors does'nt mean untouched as is clearly Evident with Onkyo
its always better to go straight to the Display Device avoiding any Video pass through where possible using A, IE: HDMI 1.3b 1x2 splitter for example ...

Cheers...

Hmm. My 705 plays the advanced codecs very well despite the fact that the only "display" it sees is the Moome box. But I have HDMI Audio Out set to "Off" in the 705's "Hardware->HDMI" setup menus. Smile

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you getting HD codecs because your not splitting 1x2 at the Blu-Player HDMI, your stripping the audio out with the Onkyo first then going to the Display device..

Please re read 2 posts above your post..

Cheers..
sulley

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I got a picture with the following connection: PS3/BD30 --> Onkyo905 --> 4x2 switch splitter --> ext V2 box --> Barco 1209s. Interestingly, only one of the output from splitter works but not the other! The HDMI/ HDCP are so difficult to understand.

But now I has a new problem. When HTPC (1080p/60)was connected to the ext V2box, it showed a good image just fit the screen. When I connected BD30/PS3 (1080p/60) to the another input of the ext V2 box, the image shift to right hand side. Then I adjusted the image position to the centre according to the menu (press the select button with SW1 #5 at K side). When I switched back to HTPC, the picture moved to right side! But according to the menu, 'Shift value will store in memory for each factory default resolution when power off, and shift value will be loaded at next power on'. But why do I need to adjust repeatedly? And although both resolutions are 1080p/60, the frequency displayed on my projector is slightly different. Any solution to it?
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the picture finally, Sulley.

The HTPC is using computer timing for 1080p, and the BD30 is using video timing for 1080p. The timings are slightly different (1080p/60 timing for computers is exactly 60Hz, while 60 Hz video timing is 59-point-something-or-other), and cause the picture offset. This is why the projector shows a different frequency for each source, and you have to readjust centering.

Try using PowerStrip on your HTPC. It should allow your videocard to output 1080p at video timings, eliminating the need to readjust centering when switching sources. You also might see if your video card's drivers allow custom timings, which will eliminate the need for PowerStrip.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolls-Royce wrote:
Congratulations on the picture finally, Sulley.......

Try using PowerStrip on your HTPC. It should allow your videocard to output 1080p at video timings, eliminating the need to readjust centering when switching sources. You also might see if your video card's drivers allow custom timings, which will eliminate the need for PowerStrip.

Thanks, Very Happy

That also what I thought, I tried to adjust the timings of my computer by using powerstrip last night. I also used the timing you mentioned in previous thread (in the pixelmagic forum about 1209s timing). However, I tried for several hrs but still can't get the right setting. Any clue to get it or just by trial and error? Furthermore, it seems that the video timing of different players (eg. BD30/ PS3) is quite standard and universal , does anybody know the value of the timing?

Last edited by sulley on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I found these in a posting in the HTPC area of the AVS Forum. They are for 1080i:

"...33.75KHz scan rate and 59.94Hz refresh rate...".

EDIT:

One more set I found later in the same thread. This one is for 1080p, and the poster is describing the 1920X1080p input frequency specs listed in his TV's manual:

............................H-Freq.....V-Freq....PixelClock...H-Sync...V-Sync
Specification...........66.587.....59.934....138.500.......( + )......( - )

Good luck! Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought with power Strip you could move the picture left, right up, down thus Changing the timings while doing so ?...
That way you could center the pic in the raster while leaving the Projectors RGB shift set at nominal 128..

Rolls Royce brings up an interesting & importent point with standard 1080p timmings in that Horizontal is + vertical is -

I think most PC's would use Vesa H+ V+ by defalt, thus the Projector will try and use A different memory block
because of the Projectors pre calibrated 1080p memory block timming not being H+ V- for PC if the projector
was setup using Blu-Ray players input signal ..

Thanks for sharing that Royce Thumbs Up ..

Cheers..
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are more than welcome, CM!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: