Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

need help in colorado with Sony 1252Q
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffdennis

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: need help in colorado with Sony 1252Q Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just purchased a home with a working sony 1252Q sysytem and looking for help in hooking up and what I need
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in Colorado? There are a few of us in northern CO, several in the Denver area, and I think a few in the Co Spgs area. Gary Brown in Highlands Ranch is probably the most experienced with Sonys but he hasn't been around much lately.
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: need help in colorado with Sony 1252Q Reply with quote

jeffdennis wrote:
and looking for help in hooking up and what I need
also be helpful to know how/if it's hooked up now, to what, and what it is your trying to add?
View user's photo album (2 photos)
jeffdennis

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle Rock is there someone who can help the componets and hookup i have no idea and all i keep hearing is to replace it
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffdennis wrote:
i have no idea and all i keep hearing is to replace it
from the wife or the local HT shop salesman?
What are you trying to hook up?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, this is what I suggested on the phone yesterday. Post a list of ALL of your equipment, post pix of the back of the receiver, and then we can start to help.

Right now you've only told us that you want to make a cake, but we have no idea what kind of cake you want to make. Smile
jeffdennis

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt, sent a pictue of the cables and the back of the sony and the Integra reciver. I was told i need a Digital video processor by the man who built the theater. Any sugestions
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, look for a used Lumagen HDP or HDQ series. This will be a great addition. new they are close to 2k but on the used market i bet you can find one for about 300-500. I think A forum member here has one for sale.

Or if you want to do HDMI directly intot he Sony get on of theses:

http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still waiting for that list of equipment

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
jeffdennis

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: 1252Q Sony and HD Fury Reply with quote

Back at the Home theater again. The question I have is if I purchase a HD Fury 3 and add to the sony do I still need a Digital video Processor or can I run the signal directly from my Intrega DTR 7.6 that has and HDMI input and output.
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, for a 1252, investing in a video processor is overkill.

Just run 1080i from a HD DVR and a blu-ray player into a HD Fury.
jeffdennis

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: sony 1252 Reply with quote

You need to excuse my lack of AV knowledge. But with the HD Fury, should I not run the Blue ray and High Def TV reciever into the reciever then out to the HDfuy?
jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read this? It might help answer some of your questions.
http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. Sources into the Integra, Integra HDMI out to HD Fury, then to projector.

Clarence just meant you could set your sources to 1080i and be done with it - no external processor necessary.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the receiver has HDMI switching, then sure, set the output of both HD devices to 1080i, switch them through the receiver, then the output of the receiver goes to the Fury. That should work fine.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I never got the pix of your equipment..
kennedyi

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Need help with Digital setup of Zenith 900pro in Denver Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
Where in Colorado? There are a few of us in northern CO, several in the Denver area, and I think a few in the Co Spgs area. Gary Brown in Highlands Ranch is probably the most experienced with Sonys but he hasn't been around much lately.

Hi Gary/all,

Is there someone you could put me in touch with in the downtown Denver area that could do the digital setup on my Zenith 900Pro? I have been using S-video until now and it works fine but I upgraded to Fury3 and HD Comcast service and my RGB input needs to be put through a full setup. I did some of it and it doesn't look terrible now, but I feel like I need a professional.

What does this usually cost as well?

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Ian
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anybody around here who's ever seen an Zenith. From the writeup on the site it sounds like they're totally different from the projectors we know. I don't know if there are any pros down there who could do better than you did! Maybe somebody closer would be willing to give it a shot as an experiment?
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
I don't know anybody around here who's ever seen an Zenith. ?
I've seen one Very Happy Unfortunately I doubt I would do much better than Ian. the one I fiddled with belongs to a friend from work and it's a runco IDP 850( re-badged Zenith Pro 895). I thought the menu's were confusing and the remote was poorly laid out. reminded me of the sony G70 memory blocks and all the associated nonsense that went with it.
Ian last I heard a professional to dial in a CRT was in the $600. range? My friends Runco was sold locally so if you could find that dealer in Denver, and they're still in business, there might be an old hand there who remembers the Zenith (Runco) CRT's. Be sure to ask for a set-up on a Runco 852 though

http://www.curtpalme.com/Runco_Model_CrossRef.shtm

IMO, I would invest that money into a better set with 8 inch tubes and electromagnetic focusing before I put any money into the Zenith, just my 2 cents.
kennedyi

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Thanks for the help Reply with quote

I only paid $400 for this and another $300 for the Fury3. Curt might be able to help me out in a month so I'll just wait on that I guess. Hopefully he won't need that much (600!?!) as I only need minor adjustments (I just have never done this) that should be done in 20-30 minutes tops. I might just tinker until I get it figured out too. The major geometry is good I just need some red and blue fine tuning in diagonal corners for convergence.

Thanks for the help. When this one goes I'll definitely upgrade to a better set. This was a lucky craigslist hit that I have really enjoyed learning about. I have the largest TV of anyone I know!

Ian
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the help Reply with quote

kennedyi wrote:
I only paid $400 for this and another $300 for the Fury3. Curt might be able to help me out in a month so I'll just wait on that I guess. Hopefully he won't need that much (600!?!) as I only need minor adjustments (I just have never done this) that should be done in 20-30 minutes tops.
I highly doubt Curt would charge that, I was refering to having a pro calibrator come out and set-up the machine to it's full potential. Those guys aren't cheap

kennedyi wrote:
Thanks for the help. When this one goes I'll definitely upgrade to a better set. This was a lucky craigslist hit that I have really enjoyed learning about. I have the largest TV of anyone I know!

Ian
yeah my friend grabbed his off CL as well, came with remote, ceiling mount, and cool Runco black case (the only thing they added).
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: