Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pioneer ELITE VSX 92TXH 94TXH freezing locking up resolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well don't buy Yamaha as a replacement, they have similar issues with the processor board. I've seen 2 models with intermittent dead problems, and Yamaha won't even acknowledge that it's a problem, go figure.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sillyputty24 wrote:
I have a Pioneer VSX-92TXH that freezes up, it wont accept any control, and sometimes it freezes off and i cant turn the damn thing on.. how do i fix this, or what do i need to send for repair, and where do i need to send it?

Send me an email. Very Happy
yanky_au

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a reply simply to praise macgyver655 on fixing my Pioneer Receiver. I found this thread while searching for an alternative to spending $250+ and driving 3 hours to my nearest repair center to get the beast fixed. After a few quick emails back and forth, we worked out the issues, I sent him payment and mailed my board. As promised, he fixed and returned the now working board back to me (very quickly I might add; maybe 4 days) and I am enjoying a renewed system. Thank you Macgyver for your excellent communication, help, patience, fair pricing and timeliness. I sincerely appreciate your help.
maitai

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
sillyputty24 wrote:
I have a Pioneer VSX-92TXH that freezes up, it wont accept any control, and sometimes it freezes off and i cant turn the damn thing on.. how do i fix this, or what do i need to send for repair, and where do i need to send it?

Send me an email. Very Happy

Hey Macgyver, are you still fixing these? I decided I would like to get this fixed. I have a VSX-92TXH. I spoke with you two years ago but I never had the chance to pursue it. I'll PM you.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am. Still getting parts. Very Happy
maitai

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Yes I am. Still getting parts. Very Happy

Swweet. Let me get 5 posts and then i'll PM you. Smile

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

this forum is a life saver

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking over some of my parts orders today and it looks like I've done over a hundred repairs now. Repairs have slowed down since the beginning but still coming in on occasion.

Has surely been an interesting adventure....... Thumbs Up
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have another one for you, Mac. I've got a minty VSX-56TXi that a guy gave me a year ago to dick around with because it had an issue, and it's just sitting here. Obviously, I'm in no rush... It's a little older (no HDMI), but it's really a nice piece. I know it's getting nice out and you'll be doing less indoors, but if you're interested, I'll try to fire it up this weekend and see what the issue was with it - I can't even remember, it's been so long. Wink

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would depend on how much of a hurry your in. Weather is getting nicer so I'm doing much less repairs. Let me know what it's doing and we can go from there.
odie

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macgyver,

I have a VSX-92 with no audio output. Unit does not recognize any digital audio inputs. Video is fine. Generates audio for calibration. I have the service manual, this appears to be an issue with the digital mother assy. Is this a problem you are familiar with? I ask as I cannot locate a replacement digital mother.
hunkaluv75

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I have the 94txh and the dreaded freezeup just hit. Do you still fix the boards? do you supply the knowledge to help pull the board, how to ship it properly and how to put the little monkey back in. I am so excited to have found this thread, you will or could save me from the local service center with the 2 month back up... thank you in advance.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, seeing how this thread took on a life of its own, you should start your own sub forum here with every obscure thing you've ever repaired. you'd be rich! Smile
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Mac, seeing how this thread took on a life of its own, you should start your own sub forum here with every obscure thing you've ever repaired. you'd be rich! Smile

Wow. Things that I've repaired. I wouldn't know where to begin. I dont think there is a household appliance, lawn and garden, automotive, street bikes and motocross bikes, heating and A/C, pools and hot tubs(including control units, 3 in the last 4 weeks), house wiring, new entrance service, construction equipment and generators, jukeboxes, boats, and whatever else I can't think of right now that I haven't repaired. But I do enjoy it..
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:

Wow. Things that I've repaired. I wouldn't know where to begin. I dont think there is a household appliance, lawn and garden, automotive, street bikes and motocross bikes, heating and A/C, pools and hot tubs(including control units, 3 in the last 4 weeks), house wiring, new entrance service, construction equipment and generators, jukeboxes, boats, and whatever else I can't think of right now that I haven't repaired. But I do enjoy it..

Mac,
Answer me this: what is the temp hi & lo sides in an oven from when the heating element should come on or shut off?

In an oven is set at 350 degrees, and the temp starts to drop, when should the heating element come back on to bring the oven back up to 350, and how high does the temp go before the heating element shuts off?

I cannot get a decent answer on the Internet.

Thanks.

wallace

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallace123456 wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:

Mac,
Answer me this: what is the temp hi & lo sides in an oven from when the heating element should come on or shut off?

In an oven is set at 350 degrees, and the temp starts to drop, when should the heating element come back on to bring the oven back up to 350, and how high does the temp go before the heating element shuts off?

I cannot get a decent answer on the Internet.

Thanks.

wallace

Yeah, I'd guess you'd get many different answers on this.

First it would depend if it's digital control or not. A digital oven will monitor oven temps to tenths of a degree so a +/- 1 degree would be easily achieved.

A non digital is a different story. The thermostat has a metal flap with points and bends on/off with temp change. Age and quality of parts will also affect but a good rule of thumb is 1% of set temp. So 400 degrees can have a 8 degree swing. This would be a good operating stove. Of course this can also vary from stove to stove.

A bigger problem with ovens is temp drift. Set it at say 400 degrees and it only heats to 375 or 350, or vise versa 425 or 450. This can happen in both digital and non. Fortunately there is an adjustment for this in both styles but in digitals you need the key sequence to adjust it.

Is this what you were asking? Very Happy
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunkaluv75 wrote:
Hello, I have the 94txh and the dreaded freezeup just hit. Do you still fix the boards? do you supply the knowledge to help pull the board, how to ship it properly and how to put the little monkey back in. I am so excited to have found this thread, you will or could save me from the local service center with the 2 month back up... thank you in advance.

I believe I responded to your email.
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallace -

few things to remember: controllers often have a deadband area around the setpoint (desired value) so they don't turn on/off all the time. You wouldn't want to controller the temp in a wellhouse with a lightbulb in which the switch gets flipped a lot.

Also, the on/off behavior in time and/or wrt to temperature might not be the same. That is, systems (heating systems especially) are not symmetric in their response around a setpoint. that is, an oven might heat faster than it cools as temps near the desired temp.

Also, controllers for ovens can be "tuned" to behave in very, very different ways depending on the application and system requirements. Overshooting the desired temp as you heat might not be tolerable, in which case one has to approach the desired value much more cautiously and therefore more slowly. If overshoot isn't a big deal, one can really race to the setpoint and slam on the breaks, so to speak.

All of that said, if you have access to the controller/electric lines, we can watch the controller with some tools I have when I come for the NEC stuff in a few weeks! Smile

oh, mac's estimates all seem true to me -- and the 1% rule is a a heuristic I hadn't known but it rings true. I might modify it to be 4deg F or 1%, whichever is larger.

Matt
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac and Matt,
Late on the reply, but, here goes.

When I set the temp for 350, the guage will climb to somewhere around 360. It will then settle in and lower back down to maybe 290 before the heating elemnet come back on to bring it back up to temp.

I guess I am looking for, What is the "standard" (if there is such a thing) for the upper limit of the climbing temp, and then the lower temp of when the heating element comes back on?

Is there a percentage that is the industry standard, or a certain degree anount?

Geez, I hope I made sense. (Porbably not...................................)

wallace

mc86 wrote:
wallace -

few things to remember: controllers often have a deadband area around the setpoint (desired value) so they don't turn on/off all the time. You wouldn't want to controller the temp in a wellhouse with a lightbulb in which the switch gets flipped a lot.

Also, the on/off behavior in time and/or wrt to temperature might not be the same. That is, systems (heating systems especially) are not symmetric in their response around a setpoint. that is, an oven might heat faster than it cools as temps near the desired temp.

Also, controllers for ovens can be "tuned" to behave in very, very different ways depending on the application and system requirements. Overshooting the desired temp as you heat might not be tolerable, in which case one has to approach the desired value much more cautiously and therefore more slowly. If overshoot isn't a big deal, one can really race to the setpoint and slam on the breaks, so to speak.

All of that said, if you have access to the controller/electric lines, we can watch the controller with some tools I have when I come for the NEC stuff in a few weeks! Smile

oh, mac's estimates all seem true to me -- and the 1% rule is a a heuristic I hadn't known but it rings true. I might modify it to be 4deg F or 1%, whichever is larger.

Matt

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a pretty large swing in temp. You may have a defective oven temp probe. Is it a digital oven?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: