Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pioneer ELITE VSX 92TXH 94TXH freezing locking up resolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
wallace123456 wrote:

When I set the temp for 350, the guage will climb to somewhere around 360. It will then settle in and lower back down to maybe 290 before the heating elemnet come back on to bring it back up to temp.

I guess I am looking for, What is the "standard" (if there is such a thing) for the upper limit of the climbing temp, and then the lower temp of when the heating element comes back on?

Is there a percentage that is the industry standard, or a certain degree anount?


I got your answer from a trained pro on one of my private sites.

You should preheat your oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Place thermometer in over and when oven control light goes out write down that temp. When the control light comes back on write down that number. Average the 2 numbers and that is where your temp setting would be. For an oven set at 350 degrees it should vary between 325 and 375 degrees.

This would be a properly operating oven.

Now that's a 50 degree swing and yours looks like a 70 degree swing. Problem is your swing maybe close to acceptable but your thermostat needs to be adjusted to put your setting in the middle of the average. Your current average is 325 degrees when set at 350. If it's a non digital with a dial thermostat control then remove the knob and see if the shaft is hollow. If it is then look in the shaft and see if there is a small screw in there. That would be the adjustment.
Back to top
wallace123456




Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 2236
Location: Northwest VA area


PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
wallace123456 wrote:

When I set the temp for 350, the guage will climb to somewhere around 360. It will then settle in and lower back down to maybe 290 before the heating elemnet come back on to bring it back up to temp.

I guess I am looking for, What is the "standard" (if there is such a thing) for the upper limit of the climbing temp, and then the lower temp of when the heating element comes back on?

Is there a percentage that is the industry standard, or a certain degree anount?


I got your answer from a trained pro on one of my private sites.

You should preheat your oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Place thermometer in over and when oven control light goes out write down that temp. When the control light comes back on write down that number. Average the 2 numbers and that is where your temp setting would be. For an oven set at 350 degrees it should vary between 325 and 375 degrees.

This would be a properly operating oven.

Now that's a 50 degree swing and yours looks like a 70 degree swing. Problem is your swing maybe close to acceptable but your thermostat needs to be adjusted to put your setting in the middle of the average. Your current average is 325 degrees when set at 350. If it's a non digital with a dial thermostat control then remove the knob and see if the shaft is hollow. If it is then look in the shaft and see if there is a small screw in there. That would be the adjustment.


Mr. Green

I knew you would find it!!! Dude, I have spent a lot of time looking and searching for the "correct" answer, but only come up with the "A" answer; A = assume.

wallace

_________________
Life Is Good, But BBQ Is Better! BBQ Competition Team
Back to top
View user's photo album (1 photos)
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well look at that. This thread has hit 20 thousand views.

And how fitting that the man that started it all has his user name there, Mr. Don Wallace!!!

Bet you never thought your 92 would start such a ruckus, right Don.... LOL. Laughing



Pioneer 92_94TXH thread.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.17 KB
 Viewed:  14469 Time(s)

Pioneer 92_94TXH thread.JPG


Back to top
wallace123456




Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 2236
Location: Northwest VA area


PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Well look at that. This thread has hit 20 thousand views.

And how fitting that the man that started it all has his user name there, Mr. Don Wallace!!!

Bet you never thought your 92 would start such a ruckus, right Don.... LOL. Laughing


How funny you should post this. Matt and I were just talking about this thread yesterday! I was talking about your soldering and repair skills. And, how when I first got the part from Pioneer that I thought it was a mistake.

Well, thank GOODNESS you were here at the right time to fix it for me.

Makes me kinda wish I still had that bad-boy.

Once again, many thanks!

wallace

_________________
Life Is Good, But BBQ Is Better! BBQ Competition Team
Back to top
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Ravenxlegend




Joined: 03 Sep 2011
Posts: 1



PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to take the time to truly thank macgyver655 for fixing my receiver! I loved my 92-txh until it started giving me a problem close to a year back. For 6 months I dealt with the random freezing and shut-offs. There were some movie nights i had to cancel due to the setup acting up. The embarrassment... . Embarassed But after countless hours of looking for a solution, I stumbled upon this forum which mac had a fix. I emailed mac with hopes of getting it fix fast. That is exactly what he did, and very very cheap. It is funny how you really don't miss something until its gone. Even my wife noticed the difference when i swapped out receiver for another amp for the few days that mac worked on it. Now i am back to all my hi-fi glory. Even better than before because i was having little issues with the True-HD and DTS Master. Again, I just wanted to truly thank macgyver655 for helping those in need. I am actually a month and a half late in writing this review. My apologies.

If you are having the freezing issue, you should email macgyver655 so he can fix it so you can enjoy your purchase in all its glory.
Back to top
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You. Glad your enjoying again..... Thumbs Up
Back to top
craniumxd




Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Location: Missouri


PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: VSX 92TXH Freezing Too Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new to the boards and I am been having this lock up issue for over 2 years, enduring it by unpluging/plugging.

I see that some people have been helped by macgyver655, but I cannot PM because I have less than 5 posts. As a matter of fact, it seems that macgyver655 is the only one who really knows how to fix this receiver I spent $1500 on 4 years ago, and have had nothing but headaches. I would love to get this unit operable again.

macgyver655 if you are out there, I am looking for ya Wink

Much Thanks!

Cran
Back to top
craniumxd




Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Location: Missouri


PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VSX 92TXH Freezing Too Reply with quote

craniumxd wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the boards and I am been having this lock up issue for over 2 years, enduring it by unpluging/plugging.

I see that some people have been helped by macgyver655, but I cannot PM because I have less than 5 posts. As a matter of fact, it seems that macgyver655 is the only one who really knows how to fix this receiver I spent $1500 on 4 years ago, and have had nothing but headaches. I would love to get this unit operable again.

macgyver655 if you are out there, I am looking for ya Wink

Much Thanks!

Cran


The purpose of this response is to give credit where credit is due. I want to personally thank Mac for saving me the $600.00 I spent on a sub standard Pioneer Elite receiver just 15 days ago. I was so upset that my VSX 92TXH was just "frozen up" and had become worthless, that I was forced to buy a new unit that was half the system. Once I got it home and replaced my VSX 92TXH, I found myself sitting on the internet and came across this link. Pioneer had been absolutely no help, and in hindsight, I wish I had done some more thorough research up front. I didn't, and that is history, but I do want to tell you about how MAC saved me $600.00.

I reached out to him and he told me exactly step by step what to do, and gave me thorough instructions on how to remove the board. I shipped it Priority Mail and he fixed it the SAME DAY he received it and shipped it back to me, knowing that Best Buy only would give me 30 days to return the other unit I had purchased.

I put the repaired board back into my VSX 92TXH unit (honestly it is so fortunate that the board that needs to be repaired is so easy to get to, because if it were any other board in the system, it would have been a nightmare), put the cover back on, and plugged it in. The system is working impeccably! Problem solved! NO MORE ISSUES.

MAC, I want to personally thank you for the help you have given me and so many others with this problem. You are a kind human being, and you care about your fellow man. It shows. Thank you very much, and I pray for many blessings to be laid upon you for your selfless attitude and genuine respect towards other people. If it weren't for you, I would be out $600.00 to a giant corporation who wouldn't help me, but who wouldn't hesitate to take more of my money for their products.

All the best to you sir, my glass is raised.

Cran


Last edited by craniumxd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Curt Palme
CRT Tech



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 23993
Location: Langley, BC

TV/Projector: All of them!


PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Hey Mac, if you want to write up a small article about how to take the board out, I'm sure we can find someplace on the site here to host it, or if nothing else, you can then email it to people like Cran that need the info. Would save you some time down the road..
Back to top
Nashou66




Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 16170
Location: West Seneca NY


PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when people publicly praise on of our members !!! COngrats Mac for another Happy person out there!!!!


Athanasios

_________________
Don't blame your underwear for your crooked ass~ unknown Greek philosopher


"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
Back to top
View user's photo album (1 photos)
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: VSX 92TXH Freezing Too Reply with quote

craniumxd wrote:
craniumxd wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the boards and I am been having this lock up issue for over 2 years, enduring it by unpluging/plugging.

I see that some people have been helped by macgyver655, but I cannot PM because I have less than 5 posts. As a matter of fact, it seems that macgyver655 is the only one who really knows how to fix this receiver I spent $1500 on 4 years ago, and have had nothing but headaches. I would love to get this unit operable again.

macgyver655 if you are out there, I am looking for ya Wink

Much Thanks!

Cran


The purpose of this response is to give credit where credit is due. I want to personally thank Mac for saving me the $600.00 I spent on a sub standard Pioneer Elite receiver just 15 days ago. I was so upset that my VSX 92TXH was just "frozen up" and had become worthless, that I was forced to buy a new unit that was half the system. Once I got it home and replaced my VSX 92TXH, I found myself sitting on the internet and came across this link. Pioneer had been absolutely no help, and in hindsight, I wish I had done some more thorough research up front. I didn't, and that is history, but I do want to tell you about how MAC saved me $600.00.

I reached out to him and he told me exactly step by step what to do, and gave me thorough instructions on how to remove the board. I shipped it Priority Mail and he fixed it the SAME DAY he received it and shipped it back to me, knowing that Best Buy only would give me 30 days to return the other unit I had purchased.

I put the repaired board back into my VSX 92TXH unit (honestly it is so fortunate that the board that needs to be repaired is so easy to get to, because if it were any other board in the system, it would have been a nightmare), put the cover back on, and plugged it in. The system is working impeccably! Problem solved! NO MORE ISSUES.

MAC, I want to personally thank you for the help you have given me and so many others with this problem. You are a kind human being, and you care about your fellow man. It shows. Thank you very much, and I pray for many blessings to be laid upon you for your selfless attitude and genuine respect towards other people. If it weren't for you, I would be out $600.00 to a giant corporation who wouldn't help me, but who wouldn't hesitate to take more of my money for their products.

All the best to you sir, my glass is raised.

Cran


Thanks for the nice write up Cran. Glad your happy with your receiver again.

I also want to always make sure that wallace123456 (Don) stays on the thank you list too. If it wasn't for him I would not be doing these repairs. Everybody says thanks Don! Thumbs Up
Back to top
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Nice! Hey Mac, if you want to write up a small article about how to take the board out, I'm sure we can find someplace on the site here to host it, or if nothing else, you can then email it to people like Cran that need the info. Would save you some time down the road..


I'll shoot you an email on this.
Back to top
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have lost an email from someone. So if your waiting to hear back from me, I lost your email address. So just email me again, don't wait for me to respond to you.
Back to top
andynmissie




Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 1
Location: Louisiana


PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver566, I, like so many others, have the joy of owning a Pioneer Elite VSX 92-TXH paperweight. My Sony Bravia's speakers are decent for our hobbit-hole apartment, but are rather disappointing compared to my 5.1 setup through the Pio. Are you still repairing the faulty boards on these, sir?

Thank-you for any time you allot to this!

andynmissie

_________________
Who dares, wins.
Back to top
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andynmissie wrote:
macgyver566, I, like so many others, have the joy of owning a Pioneer Elite VSX 92-TXH paperweight. My Sony Bravia's speakers are decent for our hobbit-hole apartment, but are rather disappointing compared to my 5.1 setup through the Pio. Are you still repairing the faulty boards on these, sir?

Thank-you for any time you allot to this!

andynmissie


Yes I am still doing repairs. But I have been having some problems with the last batch of parts I got from Pioneer. Email me and we can discuss.
Back to top
Baron1




Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 2
Location: Washington State


PostLink    Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New member here and happy to have found this site. I was wondering if this freeze up problem on the vsx-92 & 94 is
widespread and will eventually cripple every 92 & 94 built? If thats the case would it be a good idea to be pro-active
and have the board or boards fixed even if there is not an issue at the moment? My concern on waiting for the problem to
pop up would be that the parts to fix this problem would eventually not be available for Mac do repairs.
Back to top
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baron1 wrote:
New member here and happy to have found this site. I was wondering if this freeze up problem on the vsx-92 & 94 is
widespread and will eventually cripple every 92 & 94 built? If thats the case would it be a good idea to be pro-active
and have the board or boards fixed even if there is not an issue at the moment? My concern on waiting for the problem to
pop up would be that the parts to fix this problem would eventually not be available for Mac do repairs.


Well that's an interesting question. I guess only you can decide what you would like to do. I have no idea how long parts will be available. I also don't know if every 92/94txh will have the issue but I do know that lots have. I'm not sure if there is even any ASC's doing these repairs. When I call Pioneer for parts I always ask how many they have in stock and then just order what I want. Then when I call the next time and ask about stock it is usually the same or just a couple pieces off. So it doesn't appear that many others are buying parts for the repair.

The last batch of parts I bought I have been having some problems with, meaning parts were no good, but I know this right away since the board is dead. It pisses me off that I have to replace parts again until I find good ones. I was going to wait until this batch was gone and call Pioneer to cover the bad parts but I think I am going to call them this week anyways and see if they know what's going on. I don't like iffy repairs. I have 2 or 3 boards this week so we will see where this ends up.

So let me know what you decide. I will work out the parts issue regardless.
Back to top
Baron1




Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 2
Location: Washington State


PostLink    Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My VSX-94 will arrive this weekend. I have always went with the if it isnt broken dont fix it rule of thumb. With that said
this would be one time I would prefer to throw that thinking out the window due in large with the possibility of running out
of the correct parts to fix the problem. The problem seems to be wide enough spread from reading enough forums on this issue.
I will contact you Mac once I get the VSX-94. Thanks for the info.
Back to top
shrimp




Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Location: midwest


PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the same problem as the rest. I sent you an e-mail Mac.
I did call Pioneers help line they seem as confused as I am. Searching the net I found this site.
Back to top
macgyver655




Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 8508



PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shrimp wrote:
I too have the same problem as the rest. I sent you an e-mail Mac.
I did call Pioneers help line they seem as confused as I am. Searching the net I found this site.


Don't let Pioneer fool you. They are well aware of this issue. Their action of stupidy is to prevent a class action suit. Even though I doubt one would ever come about. I'll respond to your email later. On my way out. now.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum