Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pioneer ELITE VSX 92TXH 94TXH freezing locking up resolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helfriwj

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: VSX 94 TXH Firmware Upgrade Problem Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I was having a problem with accessing internet radio so I called Pioneer Tech support and they sent me a letter authorizing a free firmware upgrade at an authorized service center prior to taking it for the upgrade everything was working correctly. After the upgrade I connected everything and was not able to get the onscreen menu. After resetting the receiver and still no luck I called tech support. They said that the firmware upgrade would not cause this issue he advised that I try inputting a HDMI source and see if it will display I put an input to HDMI 1 and selected HDMI 1 on the front panel it would not display. They said that there is something wrong and that the firmware upgrade would not have caused it and advised going back to the service center. After hanging up with them I tried some other HDMI inputs and found that if I am connected to HDMI 1 on the back I need to select HDMI 4 when connected to HDMI 2 in the back I need to select HDMI 3 on the front when connected to HDMI 3 on the back I need to select HDMI 2 on the front I called Pioneer thinking that this may be due to the firmware upgrade they said that it is not. Has anyone ever encountered this type of problem? By the way I found that the network cable I was using on the receiver was defective and that is probably why I could not connect to the internet radio
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why then do you not want to take it back to the service center?
helfriwj

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Firmware Reply with quote

Since it is out of warranty I would like to confirm weather or not it is a hardware or firmware problem
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the HDMI was working fine before the upgrade it is not relevant if the firmware caused it or not. The repair shop needs to figure that out on their dime since it stopped working after they messed with it.

Even if Pioneer can say with certainty the firmware wont cause the HDMI to stop working they can't say that the firmware may have not been properly installed. If something happened while installing the firmware like a power glitch or any anomaly and the firmware didn't install correctly then there is no telling what the outcome would be. And the receiver could have any type of malfunction.

So the repair shop is responsible. Call them back and tell them its not working. Its now not an issue if its under warranty or not.
steverferguson

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH Lockup and Freeze Reply with quote

Macgyver:

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH, that has run without any problems for approximately 3 years. Just recently it has started to freeze up where you cannot adjust the input, volume controls, or even turn it off. You have to remove power and even then it won’t turn back on right away.

The Forum seems to suggest you can repair some boards for a fee. Let me know as I would rather look at doing that than buying a new SC-37.

Thanks and please send me details of what to send and costs etc.

Steve
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH Lockup and Freeze Reply with quote

steverferguson wrote:
Macgyver:

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH, that has run without any problems for approximately 3 years. Just recently it has started to freeze up where you cannot adjust the input, volume controls, or even turn it off. You have to remove power and even then it won’t turn back on right away.

The Forum seems to suggest you can repair some boards for a fee. Let me know as I would rather look at doing that than buying a new SC-37.

Thanks and please send me details of what to send and costs etc.

Steve

I responded to your email. Thanks.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I must of used up all of Pioneers parts for the freezing problem as they just went on back order. As of yet I dont know when they will be available. And the parts are not some thing that can be purchased else where, at least not without doing some extensive cross referencing and then testing.

So I have enough parts left for 2 receivers. I've still been doing around 6 a month when is was around 6 a week during the winter. So don't waste time if you came here looking for a fix for you freezing.

If I have to do cross referencing testing I will have to raise the price for the repair. Very Happy
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts are all gone and no sign of Pioneer getting any more.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend some time and see if I can locate a cross for the parts. Price will probably be going up. Sorry to all you Pioneer folks. They are a really good receiver except for this 1 problem.

I'll post any new info.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Never thought this thread would hit 10 thousand views. Guess I better get at finding a replacement for the parts.
bobchup

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the VSX-92TXH and it is locking and freezing up on me. I cannot raise or lower the volume. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and it didn't go back on. I tried this several times and after about 20 - 25 minutes when I plug it in it goes on. Can you tell me how much it would be for you to fix it and tell what and how to take out whatever it is that you need me to send to you?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards, Bobby
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobchup wrote:
I have the VSX-92TXH and it is locking and freezing up on me. I cannot raise or lower the volume. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and it didn't go back on. I tried this several times and after about 20 - 25 minutes when I plug it in it goes on. Can you tell me how much it would be for you to fix it and tell what and how to take out whatever it is that you need me to send to you?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards, Bobby

I am currently out of replacement parts. I will keep you informed.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was contacted by Pioneer today and parts are being shipped. I should have them in a week.

Guess Pioneer does better then Sony at keeping parts available.... Very Happy
bobchup

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know when you get the part.then tell me what to do and what to send you.Thanks

Regards
Bobby
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received parts from Pioneer and repairs are now resumed. Very Happy
pbmpharmacist

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey macgyver655,

You don't have the Pioneer firmware update files do you? I had my Pioneer VSX-94TXH firmware updated recently. The shop had it for 3 weeks but they forgot to update the DSP flash that takes care of DTS bomb issues (which is the only problem I've had). I've read on the AVS forum that all I need to update the DSP flash is a CD-R and to play that CD on one of the inputs. Sounds easy if I had the files and the instructions.

Please PM me if you have these files. Thanks.

pbmpharmacist
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbmpharmacist wrote:
Hey macgyver655,

You don't have the Pioneer firmware update files do you? I had my Pioneer VSX-94TXH firmware updated recently. The shop had it for 3 weeks but they forgot to update the DSP flash that takes care of DTS bomb issues (which is the only problem I've had). I've read on the AVS forum that all I need to update the DSP flash is a CD-R and to play that CD on one of the inputs. Sounds easy if I had the files and the instructions.

pbmpharmacist

You can't PM since you have less then 5 posts.

I did not get into firmware flashing on these Pioneers because to many bad things can happen with this so I left that up to the ASC's.
pbmpharmacist

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
pbmpharmacist wrote:
Hey macgyver655,

pbmpharmacist

You can't PM since you have less then 5 posts.

I did not get into firmware flashing on these Pioneers because to many bad things can happen with this so I left that up to the ASC's.

OK, thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. The DSP update didn't sound much harder than updating a blu-ray player's firmware with a CD (which I've done probably 10 times with no problems) so I'm trying to obtain the CD for the DSP flash. I'll keep looking.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be aware that the DSP board is pretty expensive and if the firmware doesn't flash properly the board becomes trash.
pbmpharmacist

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Just be aware that the DSP board is pretty expensive and if the firmware doesn't flash properly the board becomes trash.

Thanks for the warning. I highly doubt I'll be able to get the files. And I've now taken 2 Pioneer receivers to service centers for firmware upgrades. The first time (VSX-82) I had to mail it and it came back dead on arrival. The second time (VSX-94) is what happened to me this week, they didn't do it properly. I should have been smarter and not bought equipment that wasn't user upgrade-able. Maybe I'll just sell this receiver, I don't know. I really don't want any more hassles with firmware.
sillyputty24

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Pioneer VSX-92TXH that freezes up, it wont accept any control, and sometimes it freezes off and i cant turn the damn thing on.. how do i fix this, or what do i need to send for repair, and where do i need to send it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: