Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pioneer ELITE VSX 92TXH 94TXH freezing locking up resolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I really should send you one of the Yamahas I have here that intermittently goes dead. I've got two identical units. Problem is, they came out before HDMI switching, so while they were super high end units, not sure if they are worth repairing. Email me if you want a crack at them. I think we talked about these before, and they've been sitting here...
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I really should send you one of the Yamahas I have here that intermittently goes dead. I've got two identical units. Problem is, they came out before HDMI switching, so while they were super high end units, not sure if they are worth repairing. Email me if you want a crack at them. I think we talked about these before, and they've been sitting here...

Sure. Send them down. I love working on AVR's and receivers. They are most challenging. Very Happy
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still rubbing that Pioneer in my face? Very Happy
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Still rubbing that Pioneer in my face? Very Happy

No...not at all.

I've missed those simple things on many occasions myself.

Of course that was not a simple thing either. It just shows that now a days if you dont have a source for factory info then there is no way possible you can repair some stuff.

There is no way you could of ever got that thing working. I had the info and thats the only reason it was repaired. To bad I couldn't of got the info to you before you gave up.

It was funny though when I saw you had it on Ebay and I won it, and you didn't know it was me.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have an Elite receiver of the same approximate generation as the VSX-45TX? I just discovered a problem while trying to get my wife to use a pair of headphones with this receiver. According to the manual, if headphones are plug into the jack no sound should be coming out of the speakers. This isn't the case. Instead, sound is coming out of the speakers and the headphones.

There is a caveat in which multichannel-in is detected, but this is a scenario in which a BD player is connected using stereo RCA connectors on the CD audio input. Somehow I'm doubting that is classified as multichannel-in. And even in that extent only the LFE should be heard via the sub.

Something tells me Pioneer screwed the pooch on this one. Not bad for screwing a simple feature on a $1400 receiver from c.2003. As such, the wife is resorting to the iPad.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
Anyone have an Elite receiver of the same approximate generation as the VSX-45TX? I just discovered a problem while trying to get my wife to use a pair of headphones with this receiver. According to the manual, if headphones are plug into the jack no sound should be coming out of the speakers. This isn't the case. Instead, sound is coming out of the speakers and the headphones.

There is a caveat in which multichannel-in is detected, but this is a scenario in which a BD player is connected using stereo RCA connectors on the CD audio input. Somehow I'm doubting that is classified as multichannel-in. And even in that extent only the LFE should be heard via the sub.

Something tells me Pioneer screwed the pooch on this one. Not bad for screwing a simple feature on a $1400 receiver from c.2003. As such, the wife is resorting to the iPad.

I dont know where you read that in the manual Wan but that receiver does not have a disconnect style jack. And that is also why there is a speaker on/off button right next to the headphone jack.

Give me the page number where your read that.

45TX.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.33 KB
 Viewed:  19325 Time(s)

45TX.JPG

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found where you read that Wan but it doesn't make any sense.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the speakers should stop making sound when the headphone jack was being used, but color me dumb. Its my own fault for assuming such an out-dated feature (even for 2002-3) would work and not bother testing back then. I better go test the Denon while its still under warranty.
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a switch to turn off the speakers?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Isn't there a switch to turn off the speakers?

See my post above. The one with the picture. Laughing
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In looking over the schematic more it appears as tho it should shut off the main speakers when the phones are plugged in. If its not shutting them off the maybe the gnd screw is loose, the headphones are not making enough contact to connect the switch line to gnd, or the circuit is not functioning properly. With the phones inserted it should connect the switch line to gnd.

Headphone Switch.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.96 KB
 Viewed:  19304 Time(s)

Headphone Switch.JPG

WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a button and I pressed it. Each time it displays HEADPHONES but doesn't kill the speaker output. BTW, page 55 of the owners manual:

Plug headphones into the headphone
jack on the front of the receiver.
No sound will be audible from the speakers when
headphones are plugged in except in MULTI CH IN
mode or when using the pre-outs. In MULTI CH IN
mode the subwoofer will be audible even if the
headphones are plugged in.

I could be mis-reading this. Oh, and thanks for the assistance Mac, much appreciated. Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
Yes there is a button and I pressed it. Each time it displays HEADPHONES but doesn't kill the speaker output. BTW, page 55 of the owners manual:

Plug headphones into the headphone
jack on the front of the receiver.
No sound will be audible from the speakers when
headphones are plugged in except in MULTI CH IN
mode or when using the pre-outs. In MULTI CH IN
mode the subwoofer will be audible even if the
headphones are plugged in.

I could be mis-reading this. Oh, and thanks for the assistance Mac, much appreciated. Thumbs Up

Interesting. So your not using the preamp outputs with separate amps, and headphones wont shut off the speakers and the speaker switch wont shut off the speakers.

Sounds like it needs the bench. The speaker switch should definitely shut off the speakers.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palm to face. Yes, I am. And thank you very much for reminding this brain of mine. Ok, so the simple (ahem, moron) solution is to just turn off the multichannel amplifier.

Dear god can I be dumb! Embarassed

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, doesn't this just look purdy sittin there just purring away?

A shame its just going to be a test unit. I like buying broken stuff. Very Happy

92TXH.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.36 KB
 Viewed:  19235 Time(s)

92TXH.JPG

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Curt. I've got another Pioneer here that is randomly shutting down for no reason, like your Yamahas. I've already determined why its doing it, just haven't located the culprit yet. Its next on the bench. You want some insite for your Yamaha or just want to ship one down?
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:

A shame its just going to be a test unit. I like buying broken stuff. Very Happy

Hey!!! That looks just like my old unit!!!!

Thanks again for fixing mine!!!

BTW, I could come up with about 500lbs of "broken stuff". Let's make a deal!!! Laughing

wallace

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallace123456 wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:

Hey!!! That looks just like my old unit!!!!

Thanks again for fixing mine!!!

BTW, I could come up with about 500lbs of "broken stuff". Let's make a deal!!! Laughing

wallace

Alright Thumbs Up What cha got Don?

And your very welcome. Very Happy
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Hey Curt. I've got another Pioneer here that is randomly shutting down for no reason, like your Yamahas. I've already determined why its doing it, just haven't located the culprit yet. Its next on the bench. You want some insite for your Yamaha or just want to ship one down?

Ha! Found it, little bastard penny part. Thought you could hide from me. Mr. Green

Guess its time to get stronger optics though. Parts are getting smaller then the magnification I'm using now.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be experiencing some problems with my outgoing gmail.

If you sent me an email and you didn't get a response you will have to post here to let me know.

I have no way of knowing if you received my emails or not ,but have had some people indicate they did not get my emails on multiple occasions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: