Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pioneer ELITE VSX 92TXH 94TXH freezing locking up resolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maitai

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: repair Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
would you be able to submit detailed tutorial on how to repair it ourselves? some of us (like myself) have micro soldering experience.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: repair Reply with quote

maitai wrote:
would you be able to submit detailed tutorial on how to repair it ourselves? some of us (like myself) have micro soldering experience.

But then how would I pay for my coffee and donuts..... Laughing Seriously though, wallace found only part of the equation. I had to find the rest of it. And ones no good without the other. And as such I would like to get something out of it and if its only coffee and donuts then its at least something.

Same reason Curt doesn't give out specific repair info on here. Some of us are still making some money on electronic repairs. Very Happy
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: repair Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
maitai wrote:

But then how would I pay for my coffee and donuts..... Laughing Seriously though, wallace found only part of the equation. I had to find the rest of it. And ones no good without the other. And as such I would like to get something out of it and if its only coffee and donuts then its at least something.

Same reason Curt doesn't give out specific repair info on here. Some of us are still making some money on electronic repairs. Very Happy

+1 !!

I doubt that Mac makes his entire living doing these fixes but his offer to anyone who finds him is well worth the search.

wallace

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: repair Reply with quote

wallace123456 wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
maitai wrote:

+1 !!

I doubt that Mac makes his entire living doing these fixes but his offer to anyone who finds him is well worth the search.

wallace

Thanks Don. Oh, by the way....we did enjoy our meal at the Olive Garden if I forgot to tell you.. Thumbs Up
ucfish

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure next time mine goes I will be fed up for the last time. Will just need good instruction to take it apart to send to you.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ucfish wrote:
Pretty sure next time mine goes I will be fed up for the last time. Will just need good instruction to take it apart to send to you.

Sure thing. Its not very difficult. Most that have sent me boards already have no electronics knowledge what so ever. Very Happy
Patrick Caul

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all, Having the same problem, for about 2 years now, takes longer and longer to come back on, recently went out for 2 days. then back. looking for some help. sad part, went and found one out of box to hook up while waiting for repair, the new one froze up within an hour. it went back. can anyone give some guidance? Much appreciated. Thanks.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Caul wrote:
hello all, Having the same problem, for about 2 years now, takes longer and longer to come back on, recently went out for 2 days. then back. looking for some help. sad part, went and found one out of box to hook up while waiting for repair, the new one froze up within an hour. it went back. can anyone give some guidance? Much appreciated. Thanks.

Just shoot me an email. Very Happy
musicdude61

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Pioneer ELITE VSX 94TXH freezing locking up resolved Reply with quote

I have the same problem as everyone else and my unit is less than 30 months old.
Macgyver655 could you post or repost the instructions on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks
MD61
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Pioneer ELITE VSX 94TXH freezing locking up resolved Reply with quote

musicdude61 wrote:
I have the same problem as everyone else and my unit is less than 30 months old.
Macgyver655 could you post or repost the instructions on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks
MD61

Sure.

You need to remove a couple boards and send them to me. I will then repair them and ship them back to you. All this for a very small fee. Thanks. Very Happy
MarkNJ

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had this problem and thank goodness for the internet and Macguyver! I sent him the boards he asked for on Monday and had them repaired and sent back within 5 business days! Unbelievable work Macguyver, your work is sincerely appreciated!
Paradigm Cinema 70
7.2 surround
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkNJ wrote:
I too have had this problem and thank goodness for the internet and Macguyver! I sent him the boards he asked for on Monday and had them repaired and sent back within 5 business days! Unbelievable work Macguyver, your work is sincerely appreciated!

Glad everything is working well for you Mark. It was a pleasure. Very Happy
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of Sept. 28, 2010 the repair count has exceeded 30 and more boards are on the way. Way to go Pioneer.

I have also received a request on the 1020-K may also be freezing and locking up.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
As of Sept. 28, 2010 the repair count has exceeded 30

Wow, you go Mac!!!

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
j.Ro

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Awesome service! Reply with quote

I received my boards fixed by MacGyver and it works just fine! I really appreciate the professional service, even more being in Canada. It's Thanksgiving. So, thank you, MacGyver!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Awesome service! Reply with quote

j.Ro wrote:
I received my boards fixed by MacGyver and it works just fine! I really appreciate the professional service, even more being in Canada. It's Thanksgiving. So, thank you, MacGyver!

Your very welcome..... Very Happy
GTDaveMac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new VSX-1020 and am having some freeze/lockup problems too.

Am I reading this thread correctly that if I call Pioneer, they may not know how to help? Looks like the nearest service center is over 60 miles away. Will they have to recreate the problem to fix it?

I would expect a warranty repair.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with any customer service from any consumer electronics place. First line tech support people are usually useless, but if there's a common problem with a unit, the repair depot may or may not have received a service bulletin on the cause and solution.

If it's under warranty they may opt to replace the unit, as very little board level work is being done on consumer electronics at this point.

Unfortunately MacGyver has been out for a couple of weeks at least with a bad back, so he hasn't been posting here. If you bought the unit from a local retailer, I'd call them, but yes, you will probably have to ship the unit to a service depot to get it repaired/replaced.
Bob

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently joined & new to CurtPalme. I was hoping Macgyver655 would be able to help me with my Pioneer VSX-92TXH. Having same issues as the other gentlemen did. Relieved I am not alone. Frustrated please help. This site has been very helpful.

Thank you.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well another batch of parts has been ordered and is on the way. I actually lost count but I believe I passed 50 repairs now. And requests are still coming.

I also just bought a non working 92TXH that is on my bench right now. I'm going to use it for testing boards before I return them even though so far the success rate is 100%. I just like to be sure, especially since I have in the past received a couple boards that were damaged during removal by the customer and I had to do addition repairs and then not knowing if it worked or not until the customer tried it. They worked out fine but my removal instructions have changed since these issues.

Gotta love Pioneer. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: