Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Vizio GV47LF HDTV10A Black Screen Of Death
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Not a bad price to get your tv running again.......
mrmason

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem. I replaced the power board with a new one and everything remained the same. I in turn have tested the fuses on the main board and the inverters- they all passed current though. Any other suggestions?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where Mac is, the flat screen expert, but having worked on 20 or so flat screen myself at this point, these units are hard to repair in that any number of boards can cause a 'no picture' condition. I got in about 8 Daytek (LG) sets that had been worked on by others, and about 5 of the 7 boards in the sets caused a 'no picture' condition.

The big problem is, guessing at random as to what board is bad only really works if you have a second set to swap boards from. I spent 2 days working on these 8 Dayteks that had been gone through and stripped of some boards by another 'tech', and I finally got a combo of boards to get one set going. After 2 hours of board swapping, I figured out what boards were bad in all the other sets, and managed to get 6 running.

There's very little service information on almost all of these flat screens, schematics usually don't exist, and most techs won't give up info as that's taking business away from your local tech.

To get the set going, you'll need either to get a working one to swap boards into, or read up on how the flat panel works in order to take some voltage measurements or to scope the board outputs and inputs to narrow it down.
Royalman

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys success finally. It was the main board. Now I have plenty parts left over, lol, no main boards though. I finally got a good board from I hope this is not wrong ModusLink for only $100 plus $15.00 shipping. They will repair your board or send you whatever you need if they have it in stock. So thanks for the input I got when it was needed. Thanks again.
dttocs68

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visio gv47lf hdtv 10a help me.
when i turn on my tv a blue screen appears, input is on tv, the
functions on the remote and tv do not work until the screen blinks. about 20 secs, when i turn off the tv i
can't turn it on again for 20 secs. at which time i also hear a click, the click has something to do with the sound because, when i have the ps2 on and turn off the tv, the sound stays on for the 20 secs. until i can turn back on the tv, when i turn the tv on again, same thing happens. all other functions of the tv work fine, ps2, dvd player etc... why won't my tv work. please help.
dttocs68

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

functions on the remote and tv do not work until the screen blinks. about 20 secs, when i turn off the tv i
can't turn it on again for 20 secs. at which time i also hear a click, the click has something to do with the sound because, when i have the ps2 on and turn off the tv, the sound stays on for the 20 secs. until i can turn back on the tv, when i turn the tv on again, same thing happens. all other functions of the tv work fine, ps2, dvd player etc... why won't my tv work. please help.
dttocs68

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dttocs68 wrote:

Do you know electronics repair at all? Or looking for which board to replace?
Royalman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Vizio gl47 Reply with quote

dttocs68 wrote:

Sounds like there may only be a problem with the tv input. Check your antenna connection, with a blue screen it seems your input is not working properly. Especially since everything is working. Usually that should be static. If the connection is not connected then the screen will be blue. If you had a major problem the screen will be black. Good luck.
slipk487

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same tv with the same problem. It turns on but no display or sound and once its on i cant turn it off again. I got it from someone that was going to throw it away so I wasn't there when it quit working. Ive checked the capacitors and didn't noticed anything wrong with any of them. I dont have a multimeter yet as I cant find mine but when I do i will be checking the f1-f3 fuses to see if any of them are dead. Also where would I have to check to see if the power supply is outputting the correct voltages.
Royalman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Vizio Reply with quote

slipk487 wrote:
I have this same tv with the same problem. It turns on but no display or sound and once its on i cant turn it off again. I got it from someone that was going to throw it away so I wasn't there when it quit working. Ive checked the capacitors and didn't noticed anything wrong with any of them. I dont have a multimeter yet as I cant find mine but when I do i will be checking the f1-f3 fuses to see if any of them are dead. Also where would I have to check to see if the power supply is outputting the correct voltages.

Probably a safe bet it is the main board. A cheap fix without much checking, Modus Link a place in Indiana will repair the board for you for a $100.00 plus shipping, and they warranty their work. Also in my area on Craigslist someone has a whole tv with a bad screen for $200.00, but that price should be lowered. Seems after you finally fix one then all kind of cheap parts and fixes come from everywhere. Good luck with yours. Any help need just let me know.
slipk487

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found my multimeter and was checking the fuses on the main board and the f1 and f2 fuses didnt show anything and f3 is showing 4.5. Would the F1 and F2 fuses be the problem and what fuse would I need to get to replace it.
Royalman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Fuses Reply with quote

slipk487 wrote:
I finally found my multimeter and was checking the fuses on the main board and the f1 and f2 fuses didnt show anything and f3 is showing 4.5. Would the F1 and F2 fuses be the problem and what fuse would I need to get to replace it.

You do not read resistance within a fuse. It is either good or bad. Zero=good, Infinity=bad. if you are reading some resistance you are reading through some other componets. If a fuse is blown and you do not see any poped or leaking caps, I still say replace the main board. If you check Modus-Link they probably don't have those boards in stock, but they will repair yours. Keep trying.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the 4.5? Are you testing with the tv powered?
slipk487

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tv was powered and it was the f3 fuse showing 4.5 with the multimeter on 20 DCV.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slipk487 wrote:
the tv was powered and it was the f3 fuse showing 4.5 with the multimeter on 20 DCV.

You need to check the fuses with the power off and unplugged and your dmm set on resistance or diode setting. I use diode setting. If you touch the probes together that should be the same reading as when you put a probe on each side of the fuse.
slipk487

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i tested them like that the f3 was constantly changing while the f2 and f1 stayed at 0 just like when touching the probes together. I also tested the volts coming from the power supply and nothing was comming from the 24v but didnt check the 12v cuz its on the same connector as the 5v for the touch panel.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slipk487 wrote:
When i tested them like that the f3 was constantly changing while the f2 and f1 stayed at 0 just like when touching the probes together. I also tested the volts coming from the power supply and nothing was comming from the 24v but didnt check the 12v cuz its on the same connector as the 5v for the touch panel.

Are you able to replace components? Soldering and such? And are you pretty good at it?
slipk487

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not the greatest but I have someone that can solder real well at my house.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace CE4, CE9 and the fuse. You can use a pico fuse for fuse replacement. If that doesn't fix it then replace the main. Or have it repaired like Royalman did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: