Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Miss me?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Miss me? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Got onto the internet in San Francisco at my sister's place. HAd a very enjoyable time with Darrell at Hammerhead, saw a $45K SMT chip desoldering unit that is computer controlled to desolder and resolder 128 pin chips. Then drove to San Fran yesterday, and had a great time with Chuck Williams, one of the CRT ISF gurus that is semi retired and moved to San Fran a few years ago. Saw the Blue Angels fly over and around the Golden Gate bridge.

Tomorrow I'm heading to LA to meet with a couple of forum members, then off to see Tim Martin in Scottsdale, then to SLC. Got lots of pix, nothing other than scenery, but I'll probably post some anyways. Rolling Eyes Wink
jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss you? Of course we do!
stefuel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the crabs once. I miss them just about as much Laughing

Card carrying member of the AVS chain gang.

Last edited by stefuel on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss who?...Oh are you the guy that's named after this website?

Mike

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
Miss who?...Oh are you the guy that's named after this website?

Mike

I heard that was just a made up name. Kal just made it up on day Wink

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss you? Well, I'll have to admit we did. Embarassed

But then, our aim isn't as good as those in "the Fraternity" (re: Wanted). Shocked Mr. Green

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Miss me? Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Tomorrow I'm heading to LA to meet with a couple of forum members, then off to see Tim Martin in Scottsdale, then to SLC.

Wow, you're puttin' on the miles. Let us know if you're heading any farther east than SLC! If you get to the Denver area there are several of us who'd buy you a girlie drink. Mr. Green
composr

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt, is this a driving trip? If so, any chance you'll be coming through Boise on the way home?

--Ray
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we miss Sparky more. Razz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Miss me? Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Tomorrow I'm heading to LA to meet with a couple of forum members, then off to see Tim Martin in Scottsdale, then to SLC.

Wow, you're puttin' on the miles. Let us know if you're heading any farther east than SLC! If you get to the Denver area there are several of us who'd buy you a girlie drink. Mr. Green

I'd already told Curt we'd all chip in to buy him a beer. Wink

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Got to LA today and met with Tinman (Marc), and chatted for about 3 hours at his place. I take the cake for having the most crap in my house, but Marc gets the prize or stuffing the most crap into a small place (his garage). you can't move in it!

Then Atomiccow gave me a whirlwind tour of Hollywood and LA. Got lots of great pix of the Whiskey A gogo, Universal Studios (didn't go in), the Amoeba record store, and a bumch of other places. Saw the hotel Marmont where John Beushi died,, etc.

I am coming to SLC and Boise quickly on the way home, probably on Saturday sometime. GIve me a shout at the website phone number on say Friday to perhaps meet up. I've taken over 200 pix and counting. I'll probably buy another 4 gig memory card...
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only three hours with Marc! I would have figured you to would have talked for three days and wondered where all the time went.Smile

I went to Marmont once. It is pretty cool. Is this your first time in LA?

I saw the Boise and for some reason thought of Iowa. I was like does he know that he is going east about a thousand miles.Smile I just checked the map and it looks like you will go up to Flagstaff and then around the east rim of the Canyon. I did that drive almost twenty years ago. It is a very scenic drive. You may need a bigger card.Smile
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2200Km so far, that's about 1500 miles.

Yeah, Marc and I only scratched the surface of chatting, but trying to fit about 10 people in on a trip makes for short time everywhere. This is sort of a reconaissance mission to see what I can bring Sparky down to over the next few years. Her 14 year old could do the drive no problem, but the 4 year old would have an issue sitting in the car for hours. Still, for me, a 24 hour drive to LA in 2 days is nothing.

(I might not say that in 3500Km from now when I get back home. Smile)

I've been to LA lots of times, but only to Dizzyland, and once I drove to San Diego and back. Driving is way different down here than in Vancouver, 5 lane highways where people drive 70+ MPH is unheard of in Vancouver. Vancouver has 2 mil population, and has two highways with two lanes in each direction only in and out of the city, so this LA driving can be scary for a Canuck like me. Still, no accidents, no close calls, and tomorrow I'll have a G90 in the back of the truck that will accompany me home. Smile
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys!

Well, Curt did make it to Scottsdale yesterday, and he even sprung for dinner. We went over to a new seafood place I wanted to try, McCormick & Schmick's. The food and chit-chat were fabulous.

Thanks Curt!!!!!!!!!!!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, a pleasure.

I'm baaaack in Vancouver. I found out my driving limit. Today I drove from Provo to Vancouver. 17 hours, 1000 miles, 1600 Km. 5840 Km total since last Friday. Clutch is still intact at 361,500 Km. Smile

Over 4 gigs, 450 pictures, saw and met way too many people, the XGLC in LA looks awesome!

As Tinman pointed out, all good techs have messy hair and are a bit disheveled. I put myself, Tinman, Tim and a few others in that category. Very Happy. Oh, and we all wear glasses.

I'm tired as hell. Night!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17 hours in a stretch. Been there done that. Sleep well. Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm feeling more alive. Smile

It will take me about a week to catch up on the 200 emails and posts here I need to deal with. It was a phenomenal trip! Correction on the pix that I'm now downloading from the camera, there are well over 500 including on my backup camera when the 4 gig memory was full on the Canon. Anyone wanna come over for a 3 hour 1080p slideshow of useless nature shots of cacti, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the odd person picture? Smile

That's me, I always take 100s of nature shots that I never look at again, but think are cool at the point when I snap them. I'll post some choice ones once I go through them.

One thing I noticed while driving: Vancouver drivers SUCK, we all know that here. NO attention paid to anything, we just drive whereever we want. California- amazing drivers. The fast lane is for fast cars, the slow lane is for tourists like me. THe highway system is amazing as well, even with a GPS I missed two exits while I was there, but got back on track quickly.

Utah- 80 MPH speed limit, on the main interstate. Whee!

Oregon- no complaints about the drivers.

Wa. state- WTF, I'm back in BC. Everyone is in the fast lane, no signals, what a buncha morons. I wanna go back to Utah in my Miata! Smile

Oh yeah, gas prices in the Northwest suck as well. $2.30 a gallon in California, $2.90 in Wa. state. Well over $3.40 per gallon (or so) in BC.
Brian C

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those people in the fast lane not using turn signals are Oregonians!! Razz

After spending several weeks driving in the Tri-State area of the east coast, I have a new-found appreciation for Washington drivers... They ain't all that bad, after all!!

And, you got hosed on gas... I paid $2.53/gal. in Tacoma, yesterday. And, Costco was at $2.49/gal. Razz
Tinman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Well, it sure was fun chatting with Curt.

It seems my theory holds, as far as the general habits of techs.

Yep, disheveled is probably a good way to put it. Curt and I could have been at home in a nerd convention. My theory is that people like us have other things on our minds besides cool hair styles and expensive clothes.

So... yeah.... my "shop" was just about too crowded for both of us at the same time. Curt's not kidding. It just got out of control one day. The only sad thing is that I couldn't stick more of it into Curt's car. Mr. Green

Maybe next time.

Curt, looking forward to see some of those pics you took.

Marc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt asked:
> ...nature shots of cacti, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the odd person picture? <

Sure. Post some of the better nature shots, and all the pictures of "odd persons". Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: