Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Minolta crt color analyzer ca-100

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
witchdx

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Minolta crt color analyzer ca-100 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just picked up a couple of Minolta crt color analyzer ca-100 and a convergence analyzer . I thought I play around with them but i realized they did not come with the probes, Anybody know any thing about them and is worth it to try and find the probes.
benareeno

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the serial # of the probe has to match the serial # of the unit if you want it to be anywhere near accurate. I doubt you'll find a probe without a meter at this point anyhow...
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benareeno is correct. Howeverrrr...if you do find a probe, there are several calibration labs that used to be able to recalibrate one of those, and there might be enough adjustment available that the serials don't have to match. Cliff Plavin at Progressive Labs ("ghibliss" on the AVS Forum) once offered to calibrate a Minolta colorimeter I owned, since at the time he had the equipment and manuals to do so. I never followed up on the offer, so I don't know what he would have charged. It might be worthwhile to contact him if you do find a probe. You should understand that since these are filter-based colorimeters, they might be impossible to calibrate now due to filter drift.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: