Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Another EAC3to GUI Plus Updated 5-31-2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhy8386

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
rodercot wrote:
Mike,

An update to this, I am sorry if the issue was mentioned throughout the thread but here goes. It seems that the mkvmerge line is wrong and that is what is crashing mkvmerge cli.

I just did knight and day blu and it ran eac3t0 fine created the files then instantly opened and closed mkvmerge. I copied the mkvmerge command line and pasted it into a command prompt window and voila.

The first error was the "command line arguments" (had to remove it) and then the second error was that mkvmerge could not parse the chapter file and when I looked at the command line I noticed the chapters directory was not correct as soon as I fixed that it ran from the command line and is creating the file currently. the directory should have been d:\temp.movie.files\knight - Chapters.txt and it was trying to open d:\temp - Chapters.txt from the original command line from the rip.

I hope this is clear enough...

Thanks,

Dave

Mike,

On page 23, you will see i made a comment about a similar issue but i thought i fixed it...turns out i didn't and after doing what rod did, I also noticed that the issue had to do with the chapters.txt file. Only in my case, the path was right but the name of the file was wrong. So odd. EAC3 properly names the file Movie - Chapters.txt. But when it is fed to MKVmerge, in my case it changes the name in the command line to 20 - Chapters.txt. So random and it had now done that on 3 files. Like Rod, i simply feed the command line the corrected name for the chapters and mkvmerge does its thing perfectly. I am also on verion 4.4. Going to downgrade and test with a lesser version.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhy8386 wrote:
rodercot wrote:
Mike,

An update to this, I am sorry if the issue was mentioned throughout the thread but here goes. It seems that the mkvmerge line is wrong and that is what is crashing mkvmerge cli.

I just did knight and day blu and it ran eac3t0 fine created the files then instantly opened and closed mkvmerge. I copied the mkvmerge command line and pasted it into a command prompt window and voila.

The first error was the "command line arguments" (had to remove it) and then the second error was that mkvmerge could not parse the chapter file and when I looked at the command line I noticed the chapters directory was not correct as soon as I fixed that it ran from the command line and is creating the file currently. the directory should have been d:\temp.movie.files\knight - Chapters.txt and it was trying to open d:\temp - Chapters.txt from the original command line from the rip.

I hope this is clear enough...

Thanks,

Dave

Mike,

On page 23, you will see i made a comment about a similar issue but i thought i fixed it...turns out i didn't and after doing what rod did, I also noticed that the issue had to do with the chapters.txt file. Only in my case, the path was right but the name of the file was wrong. So odd. EAC3 properly names the file Movie - Chapters.txt. But when it is fed to MKVmerge, in my case it changes the name in the command line to 20 - Chapters.txt. So random and it had now done that on 3 files. Like Rod, i simply feed the command line the corrected name for the chapters and mkvmerge does its thing perfectly. I am also on verion 4.4. Going to downgrade and test with a lesser version.

Do you know what the name of the chapter file the gui produced? I also noticed the temp folder had "." in it...I'm not sure if that might be a problem too...Is that the case on your setup?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i understand you mean the work files folder? Sorry i just dont call it temp. I just want to make sure there isnt another folder.

The files the GUI produces are all named so for example with Invictus after EAC3 runs I get:

Invictus - 3 DTS Core.dts
Invictus - 5 English Subtitle.sup
Invictus - Chapters.txt
Invictus - Log.txt
Invictus 1080p VC-1.mkv
Log Folder

Not sure why when MKVmerge starts and is passed a command line argument, the chapters files is renamed which is making the argument invalid and thus causing it to error out.
jmone

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike - any rough timetable for the release which supports DD+ to FLAC?
Thanks
Nathan
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmone wrote:
Thanks
Nathan

It probably won't be in the next week or two. I'm going live on a new EPR system at work.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs
Thanks
Nathan
chadd

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any idea why this rip errored out? is it the PGS subtitles? i just want to make sure it's not something i am doing wrong or have set up incorrectly....
Thanks!
logs pasted below:

Code:
eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\rip\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:\BDMV\STREAM\" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 5: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 5 English Subtitle.sup" 6: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 6 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt" -progressnumbers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 3 subtitle tracks, 1:41:08, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 16 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
4: DTS Master Audio, French, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
5: Subtitle (PGS), English
6: Subtitle (PGS), English
7: Subtitle (PGS), French
Creating file "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt"...
[s05] Extracting subtitle track number 5...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[s06] Extracting subtitle track number 6...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[v02] Getting "Haali Matroska Muxer" instance failed.  <ERROR>
[a03] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a03] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a03] Creating file "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac"...
[s05] Creating file "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 5 English Subtitle.sup"...
[s06] Creating file "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 6 English Subtitle.sup"...
Aborted at file position 26353367040.  <ERROR>

Code:

Analyzing .....started at 19:32:39

Analyzing complete

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "G:\BDMV\STREAM\" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 5: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 5 English Subtitle.sup" 6: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 6 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

Looking for forced subtitles...

No flagged forced subtitles found, looking for other types of forced subtitles...
Likely forced subtitle not found...Û

Total time 00:58:28Û

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i successfully ripped the same disc to ISO, and the ISO plays just fine, but when i try to rip to mkv it fails. the logs kind of look like the disc may have been scratched or something, but the iso plays just fine.
logs from the ISO rip:

Code:
eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\rip\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "I:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 5: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 5 English Subtitle.sup" 6: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 6 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt" -progressnumbers
[s05] [0:54:07] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[s06] [0:54:09] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[v02] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[a03] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[v02] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity).  <WARNING>
[a03] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity).  <WARNING>
[a03] This track is not clean.  <WARNING>
Code:

Analyzing .....started at 23:18:29

Analyzing complete

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "I:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 5: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 5 English Subtitle.sup" 6: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 6 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

No flagged forced subtitles found, looking for other types of forced subtitles...

Total time 00:35:59Û

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chadd wrote:
i successfully ripped the same disc to ISO, and the ISO plays just fine, but when i try to rip to mkv it fails. the logs kind of look like the disc may have been scratched or something, but the iso plays just fine.
logs from the ISO rip:

Code:
eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\rip\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "I:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 5: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 5 English Subtitle.sup" 6: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 6 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt" -progressnumbers
[s05] [0:54:07] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[s06] [0:54:09] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[v02] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[a03] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).  <WARNING>
[v02] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity).  <WARNING>
[a03] [0:55:22] The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity).  <WARNING>
[a03] This track is not clean.  <WARNING>
Code:

Analyzing .....started at 23:18:29

Analyzing complete

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "I:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 5: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 5 English Subtitle.sup" 6: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 6 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

Total time 00:35:59Û

Try mounting the iso then ripping it from there...I've seen it before where the disk might have a slight issue eac3to cannot overcome directly off the disk but ripping from the hard drive works fine. I have no idea why.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
chadd wrote:
logs from the ISO rip:

Try mounting the iso then ripping it from there...I've seen it before where the disk might have a slight issue eac3to cannot overcome directly off the disk but ripping from the hard drive works fine. I have no idea why.

Mike

oh sorry, that's what i did in the second attempt. i ripped it to iso and tried to rip it from the iso to mkv.
the first post was directly from disc to mkv, the second post was from iso to mkv.
sorry, i wasn't clear on that in the post.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to get this to work with 3d movies, i only want to save the 2d version but it crashes everytime.

thanks
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommyboy wrote:
Is there anyway to get this to work with 3d movies, i only want to save the 2d version but it crashes everytime.

thanks

Not yet....I haven't see yet how to play an MKV yet that was made from a 3d Disk...I'm would love to make it work if you can provide the manual steps of using eac3to and mkvmerge. I know you can demux with eac3to and get a left-eye, right-eye and an audio stream...What do you do with the files after that?

I've been playing 3d iso myself using PowerDVD until I get it figured out. I hate using PowerDVD but it's the only thing that works so far that I know of.

Edit: I re-read your post...You want only the 2d Version...I have to look into it.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Mike
jmone

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - now that FFDSHOW will decode and display BD-SUP (PGS) and MKVMerge supports them....is it worth having an option to keep subs in SUP(PGS) format (and convert HD-DVD-SUP to BD-SUP using BDSup2Sub)?

Thanks
Nathan
jmone

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
jmone wrote:
Thanks
Nathan

It probably won't be in the next week or two. I'm going live on a new EPR system at work.

Mike

Hows the time frame looking (bunch of new 2TB hdd waiting to fill!)
KillroyWasHere

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

This is probably a user error but I figure I'd ask you anyways...

I cannot get "Analyze" to work on ANY disc when I reformatted my PC to Windows 7 64-bit. I can load the directory but when I hit "analyze" nothing happens.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Mike,

I cannot get "Analyze" to work on ANY disc when I reformatted my PC to Windows 7 64-bit. I can load the directory but when I hit "analyze" nothing happens.

Right click on the shortcut then click on Properties, Go to the "Compatibility" tab and check "Run this program as an administrator"

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
KillroyWasHere wrote:
Mike,

Right click on the shortcut then click on Properties, Go to the "Compatibility" tab and check "Run this program as an administrator"

Mike

Well I'll be... that did it. I didn't have to do that before in 32-bit so I never even thought that.

Thanks.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillroyWasHere wrote:
MikeEby wrote:
KillroyWasHere wrote:
Mike,

Mike

Well I'll be... that did it. I didn't have to do that before in 32-bit so I never even thought that.

Thanks.

I know...It it wierd...64-bit doesn't like lauching another .exe in different folder. I think you can over come the need for run as Admin if you put eac3to in a folder under the gui folder.

I just got a new MacBook and I'm installing 64-Bit Windows on it...Hope to get that fixed on it soon...I've been buried in my job though lately so havent't had time to fix it...I'm not sure how soon it will be as the work isn't slowing slowing down.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, I'm not sure if you plan any more updates?

Anyway, there has been some development that may be worth noting:
1) SUBS: Blu-ray PGS Subtitles Rendering is now supported by FFDSHOW and others, so an option to not convert to VobSub would be good. Note: THat the HD-DVD E-VOB SUB will still need to be converted to the Blu-ray PGS Subtitle
2) DD+: This format can now be decoded and bitstreamed (just added to LAVAudio), so a Version that Includes support for untouched DD+ Tracks would be great.

Thanks
Nathan

Last edited by jmone on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: