Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Another EAC3to GUI Plus Updated 5-31-2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
steelman1991 wrote:

Might be worth amending that link on the 1st page

Yep...Done!

Thanks for pointing that out. Smile

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost...THANK YOU MikeEby for your awesome GUI. It has made ripping blurays sooooo easy for me.

I did run into my first problem and was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

I am ripping the Planet Earth bluray series. All discs have worked flawlessly until the very last bonus disc, "Desert Lions & Snow Lepards". When I try to rip this disc, it starts doing its thing for about 12 minutes or so and then looks for forced subtitles and then just quits.

Here is my log:
Code:

Analyzing .....started at 10:27:23

Analyzing complete

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "D:\BDMV\STREAM" 2) 1: "Z:\BluRay Temp\Desert Lions - Chapters.txt" 3: "Z:\BluRay Temp\Desert Lions - 3 AC3 English 5_1 channels 448kbps 48khz dialnorm.ac3" 4: "Z:\BluRay Temp\Desert Lions - 4 English Subtitle.sup" -log="Z:\BluRay Temp\Desert Lions - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

Looking for forced subtitles...

No flagged forced subtitles found, looking for other types of forced subtitles...
Likely forced subtitle not found...

Total time 00:12:27

Any ideas? I'm new to all this...so go easy... Wink
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes....I think know whats wrong...I think Planet Earth is 1080i60, which is currently not supported.

Press Analyze, then go to Tools > View Last EACto Run. Paste the what's in the window here. 1080i60 disks are somewhat rare...I need to pick one up so I can work with it.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...That might be the problem then...I think this last disk in the set is 1080i60.

Code:
eac3to v3.18
command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACD\Another EAC3to GUI\EAC3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\BDMV\STREAM" -log="C:\Program Files (x86)\ACD\Another EAC3to GUI\log.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) 00002.mpls, 00002.m2ts+00003.m2ts+00009.m2ts, 1:38:03
   - Chapters, 10 chapters
   - VC-1, 1080i60 /1.001 (16:9)
   - AC3, English, multi-channel, 48khz

2) 00003.mpls, 00002.m2ts+00009.m2ts, 0:49:12
   - Chapters, 5 chapters

3) 00004.mpls, 00003.m2ts+00009.m2ts, 0:48:51
   - Chapters, 5 chapters

So if the GUI doesn't support this video format...what's the best way to get it ripped to mkv? I'm just ripping to mkv + HD audio (for bit streaming)...
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobn4burton wrote:

So if the GUI doesn't support this video format...what's the best way to get it ripped to mkv? I'm just ripping to mkv + HD audio (for bit streaming)...

You can run eac3to from the command line on the .m2ts file and it will demux all tracks then pick what you want to re-mux. Here's a Wiki page on how to use it. It is a bit cryptic.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use#Command_Line_Syntax

I'll put 1080i60 high on the list of support to add, I know how I'm going to do it...I just need dig in and get it done.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarenT wrote:
Rez is 1920x1080 and font size is at 200% or 192 ppi, but yeah scroll bars would work. I just need a little bit more, when it opens it gets cut off at the bottom of the batch jobs box, so I can't see or click the "run all' button etc..

GarenT,
The Main Window is now resizeable with scroll bars.

Also added disk insertion detection as an option while the GUI was running.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Mike, Works like a charm!!! You are the Man!!!! This makes ripping to my server so easy now its just sick!!! no one should have any hesitation about building a HTPC/media server anymore!

Garen
bobn4burton

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ripped Avatar yet? I did it the other day...everything seemed to work fine except I need to verify if the forced subtitles worked.

Does anyone know a particular timestamp in the movie where the subtitles should show up?

I used DVDFab this time instead of slysoft because they got support for Avatar first this go round. So I used DVDFab to just rip the main movie. Then I used AEAC GUI to process into an mkv...but I'm not sure if the forced subs came through or not...??
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first forced subtitle appears a little past 11 minutes into the movie.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the screen of the subtitle. I checked my mkv and didn't see the subtitle. However, if I right click the video and goto Subtitles and then Enable them, the subtitle showed up. So it looks like I do have the subtitles there, i just need to enable them.

I use MPC-HC for playback. Is this normal behavior for forced subtitles? Do you have to enable them on a per movie basis?

Sorry...I'm new to the subtitles thing...
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobn4burton wrote:
Thanks for the screen of the subtitle. I checked my mkv and didn't see the subtitle. However, if I right click the video and goto Subtitles and then Enable them, the subtitle showed up. So it looks like I do have the subtitles there, i just need to enable them.

I use MPC-HC for playback. Is this normal behavior for forced subtitles? Do you have to enable them on a per movie basis?

Sorry...I'm new to the subtitles thing...

On my system no, once they are turned on they should work for all movies provided they were ripped the same way.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armian98 wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

I'm wondering if it's a Haali issue?

I think I've solved the problem.
And yes, it seems like it's a Haali issue but in a different way.
I asked the same question in another forum and got an answer that "Haali doesn't go well with DTSHD".
So in MPC-HC, I disabled Haali and let it use its internal splitter by ticking on mkv option in internal filters list.
Then voila!! Video playback has never been smoother!

How do you do that?

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Where can I download 0.9.1.3? I'm having problems with 0.9.1.17. The link on the first page is still .17. I'm getting the "unable to detect audio track in default language, please manually select" error. Chad got the same error on page 8. I uninstalled and re-installed Haali, but same error.

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

q3131a wrote:
armian98 wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

I'm wondering if it's a Haali issue?

I think I've solved the problem.
And yes, it seems like it's a Haali issue but in a different way.
I asked the same question in another forum and got an answer that "Haali doesn't go well with DTSHD".
So in MPC-HC, I disabled Haali and let it use its internal splitter by ticking on mkv option in internal filters list.
Then voila!! Video playback has never been smoother!

How do you do that?

I'm not sure, are you running 64-Bit? Playback seems to be a little harder to get working with it. I'm really dumb when it comes to trouble shooting playback problems. My HTPC is really simple to playback FLAC, all I have loaded is MPC-HC, ReClock and the lastest DX9 update. It's 32 Bit Windows 7.

q3131a wrote:
Mike,

Where can I download 0.9.1.3? I'm having problems with 0.9.1.17. The link on the first page is still .17. I'm getting the "unable to detect audio track in default language, please manually select" error. Chad got the same error on page 8. I uninstalled and re-installed Haali, but same error.

Here is a link to the older version, but I don't think it's the same problem. What is the default Language set to in the options dialog box?

http://www.acdnow.com/anothereac3togui/AnotherEAC3toGUISetup0.9.1.3.zip

Actually I don't think that is an error. What it's saying is the disk may not have a multi-channel audio track in the default lauguage. It may have a mono or 2-channel stereo audio track as the best audio track available. Rather then guessing and guessing incorrectly it is asking you to make a choice as to what audio track to use.

Also make sure you are selecting the correct playlist. I had a disk tonight with a 2 hour playlist that was some sort of commentary. It displayed that message when I tried to rip that item in the playlist.

Older movies with only mono, stereo audio tracks or Foreign language films will do this. Just select the audio track and it should include it in the final MKV file. Make sure you only select one audio track, it will only include the first audio track in the list selected.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobn4burton wrote:
Has anyone ripped Avatar yet? I did it the other day...everything seemed to work fine except I need to verify if the forced subtitles worked.

i tried ripping avatar last night and hit a "forced subtitles not found" error and the process aborted....
any ideas? any particular log files i could post that would help figure it out?

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chadd wrote:
bobn4burton wrote:

i tried ripping avatar last night and hit a "forced subtitles not found" error and the process aborted....
any ideas? any particular log files i could post that would help figure it out?

Make sure bdSup2sub and Java is installed and working. If you have the .SUP file maually open them with bdsup2sub and make sure it can open the file ok. Double check the settings in the options dialog and make sure it's pointed the correct location for BDSup2Sub.jar.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:

Make sure bdSup2sub and Java is installed and working. If you have the .SUP file maually open them with bdsup2sub and make sure it can open the file ok. Double check the settings in the options dialog and make sure it's pointed the correct location for BDSup2Sub.jar.
Mike

i'll check that all tonight when i get home.

would the fact that i successfully ripped another movie right after avatar failed lead you to believe that bdsup2sub is installed and configured correctly?

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chadd wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

Mike

would the fact that i successfully ripped another movie right after avatar failed lead you to believe that bdsup2sub is installed and configured correctly?

Bdsup2sub is only called if there are forced subtitle present. So no if the disk you ripped after did not have forced subs then it would work fine.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
chadd wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

Mike

Bdsup2sub is only called if there are forced subtitle present. So no if the disk you ripped after did not have forced subs then it would work fine.

Mike

gotcha.
i'll confirm and report back.

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re-downloaded the BDSup2Sub.jar and it seems to be in the right place in the options. checked with the java website and it says You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 20)"

re-tried ripping avatar and no luck. same error.
during the rip,there is a .sup file, but after it fails, it is gone, so i can't try to open it by itself...
i'm pasting some logs below to elp with trouble shooting
Code:

Analyzing .....started at 16:21:09

Analyzing complete

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "G:\BDMV\STREAM\" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 9: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 9 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

Looking for forced subtitles...

No flagged forced subtitles found, looking for other types of forced subtitles...
Likely forced subtitle not found...Û

Total time 00:57:21Û

Code:

eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\rip\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:\BDMV\STREAM\" 1) 1: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac" 9: "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 9 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Log.txt" -progressnumbers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 4 subtitle tracks, 2:41:42, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 35 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz, -9ms
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
4: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48khz, -9ms
5: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, -9ms
6: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, -9ms
7: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, -9ms
8: AC3, Portuguese, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, -9ms
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
11: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
12: Subtitle (PGS), French
Creating file "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - Chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
[a03] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a03] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a03] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a03] Creating file "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 3 DTS Master.flac"...
[s09] Creating file "C:\rip\temps\MyMKVFile - 9 English Subtitle.sup"...
Reading the source file failed.  <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 24070062080.  <ERROR>

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 15 of 26
Jump to: