Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Another EAC3to GUI Plus Updated 5-31-2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg_mitch

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Got this purring fine now...rip and merge in 47 min on the last one! Way quicker and only takes a few clicks to set it up.

Thanks for the great tool here Mike and the continued support!
q3131a

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had troubles with the movie Moon? It seems fine, but then skips and sputters during play with MPC-HC. I'm using a Radeon 5450 with bitstreaming.

eac3to v3.18
command line: "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\eac3to Downloads\eac3to.exe" "E:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie 1080p h264.mkv" 3: "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 3 DTS Master.dtshd" 9: "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 9 English Subtitle.sup" 10: "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 10 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - Log.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 9 subtitle tracks, 1:37:10, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 16 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
4: DTS Master Audio, French, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
5: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz
6: DTS Master Audio, Portuguese, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
7: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz
8: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), English
11: Subtitle (PGS), French
12: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
13: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
14: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
15: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
16: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
17: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
Creating file "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - Chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
[a03] Creating file "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 3 DTS Master.dtshd"...
[s09] Creating file "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 9 English Subtitle.sup"...
[s10] Creating file "C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 10 English Subtitle.sup"...
Added fps value (24 /1.001) to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 139776 frames.
Subtitle track 9 contains 899 captions.
Subtitle track 10 contains 1063 captions.
eac3to processing took 38 minutes, 37 seconds.
Done.

mkvmerge v3.2.0 ('Beginnings') built on Feb 12 2010 16:46:17
'C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 3 DTS Master.dtshd': Using the DTS demultiplexer.
'C:\BluWork\Moon Movie 1080p h264.mkv': Using the Matroska demultiplexer.
'C:\BluWork\Moon Movie - 3 DTS Master.dtshd' track 0: Using the DTS output module.
'C:\BluWork\Moon Movie 1080p h264.mkv' track 1: Using the MPEG-4 part 10 (AVC) video output module.
The file 'R:\BluRay\Moon Movie - 3 DTS Master.mkv' has been opened for writing.
The cue entries (the index) are being written...
Muxing took 296 seconds.

ETA: If I play the disk directly, it works just fine and bitstreams DTS HD.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
twwen2 wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

I have that disk, I don't recall any issues with it...I did rip it some time ago...I will try it again and see what the results are.

What I would use to manually remux woutd be MKVMerge.

Mike

I tried MKVMerge, but it didn't recognize the TrueHD audio track as an input file.

It will accept .dtshd files, you just have to select *.* from the file type dropdown.

Mike

Mike,

What drop down is that? I had similar issues until I upgraded to 3.2.0.

Thanks,
Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with Moon here....although I haven't watched it yet..the first 20 minutes worked fine on my 4350.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

q3131a wrote:
MikeEby wrote:
twwen2 wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

I have that disk, I don't recall any issues with it...I did rip it some time ago...I will try it again and see what the results are.

What I would use to manually remux woutd be MKVMerge.

Mike

I tried MKVMerge, but it didn't recognize the TrueHD audio track as an input file.

It will accept .dtshd files, you just have to select *.* from the file type dropdown.

Mike

Mike,

What drop down is that? I had similar issues until I upgraded to 3.2.0.

Thanks,
Mike

The drop down in MKVMerge GUI when you add files, Im still running an older version of MKVMerge. I need to update mine, I don't use it much.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: audio delay Reply with quote

Has anyone else come across a audio delay problem. I posted about this before and tried reclock but could never come up with the correct setting to slow the audio down. I spent the last 2 months trying to find a better option. Everything I tried either had to many problems or requires me to upgrade my system.

Out of all that, this program could be the best and easyest way to go. It seems to me the delay problem is from eac3to because all my MKV/Flac files are processed by anothereac3togui and all of the start out spot on and the longer the movie runs the worse it gets. 90 mins or less can barely be seen. By 2hours you can clearly see the delay.

If I process the same file to MKV with makemkv and the audio is untouched I don't a sync problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
q3131a

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thank you for this great tool. I am having a trouble with DTSHD. I set up the bistreaming with MPC HC and ffdshow. It is working in most cases. However, the movie will not play correctly if I use another EAC3to. The movie plays at 1/3 speed. It's fine with Dolby HD.

1. If I play the disk directly from the drive, there is no problem.
2. If I use MakeMKV, there is no problem.
3. I I use Another EAC3to, the movie plays at 1/3 speed or less.

I have not been able to figure it out. I have it configured just as you listed in this thread.

Any suggestions?

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

q3131a wrote:
Mike,

Thank you for this great tool. I am having a trouble with DTSHD. I set up the bistreaming with MPC HC and ffdshow. It is working in most cases. However, the movie will not play correctly if I use another EAC3to. The movie plays at 1/3 speed. It's fine with Dolby HD.

I have not been able to figure it out. I have it configured just as you listed in this thread.

Any suggestions?

That's a first I've heard of that one..Have you tried manually re-muxing with MKVMerge GUI? Demux with the GUI using the command line button. Then manually remux with MKVMerge GUI, see if you still have the problem. BTW what movie did you see the issue with? I can try to reproduce the problem.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
q3131a wrote:
Mike,

Any suggestions?

That's a first I've heard of that one..Have you tried manually re-muxing with MKVMerge GUI? Demux with the GUI using the command line button. Then manually remux with MKVMerge GUI, see if you still have the problem. BTW what movie did you see the issue with? I can try to reproduce the problem.

Mike

Mike,

Yes, I did it both ways. It has been happening with every movie with DTSHD. No problems with DolbyHD.

I first thought it was some issue with MPC HC, but since it works with MakeMKV and playing the disk from the drive, now I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the error message "Access to the path 'C:\program files (x86)\ACD\Another EAC3toGUI\Logs\EAC3to' is denied. It will not allow me to start the application. Anyhelp with this?
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeroutaf35 wrote:
I get the error message "Access to the path 'C:\program files (x86)\ACD\Another EAC3toGUI\Logs\EAC3to' is denied. It will not allow me to start the application. Anyhelp with this?

Is the user your running with a computer administrator? Note: you should not need to "Run as" Administrator but the user must have admin rights on Win 7.

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
armian98

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

q3131a wrote:
MikeEby wrote:
q3131a wrote:
Mike,

Any suggestions?

Mike

Mike,

Yes, I did it both ways. It has been happening with every movie with DTSHD. No problems with DolbyHD.

I first thought it was some issue with MPC HC, but since it works with MakeMKV and playing the disk from the drive, now I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm so relieved that I'm not alone Embarassed .
q3131a, what's your hardware setup? I use intel i3-H55 with Win7 and ffdshow,Haali installed.
Do you rip DTSHD naitively or decode it to flac? I just rip the native DTSHD track.

Did you try playing the video only mkv file? It plays fine for me.
Did you try re-muxing the mkv file made in makeMKV WITHOUT any change? Strange that for me, it also plays slow and jittery.
Also, if I disable the bitstream, then the file plays fine.
So to summarize, for me, everything muxed with mkvmerge with bitstream enabled plays poorly.

Following links are my question and the answer I've got in avsforum although I couldn't solve the problem yet.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18354187#post18354187
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18355305#post18355305
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armian98 wrote:
q3131a wrote:
MikeEby wrote:
q3131a wrote:
Mike,

Any suggestions?

Mike

Mike,

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm so relieved that I'm not alone Embarassed .
q3131a, what's your hardware setup? I use intel i3-H55 with Win7 and ffdshow,Haali installed.
Do you rip DTSHD naitively or decode it to flac? I just rip the native DTSHD track.

Did you try re-muxing the mkv file made in makeMKV WITHOUT any change? Strange that for me, it also plays slow and jittery.
So to summarize, for me, everything muxed with mkvmerge with bitstream enabled plays poorly.

Following links are my question and the answer I've got in avsforum although I couldn't solve the problem yet.

Unfortunately I don’t have any equipment to debug bitstreaming, but just to clarify does the problem happen even if you manually re-mux with mkvmerge? Also do you know if disks your ripping have seemless branching or are they a single m2ts file?

BTW what hardware are you using for bitstreaming ATI 5XXX or Intel Clarksdale?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
armian98 wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t have any equipment to debug bitstreaming, but just to clarify does the problem happen even if you manually re-mux with mkvmerge? Also do you know if disks your ripping have seemless branching or are they a single m2ts file?

BTW what hardware are you using for bitstreaming ATI 5XXX or Intel Clarksdale?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I use intel i3 clarkdale.
I tried Ponyo, Monsters inc., Inglorious Basterds and all had same results.
Don't know any of them have seamless branching, but those two Disney movies(Ponyo and Monsters inc.) have multiple large titles with same length and file size. I heard this is related to so called multiple angle? I don't know much about it.

Also I tried to manually re-mux the files from eac3to, but didn't have any luck with this route.
As I mentioned earlier, the most strange thing is that even if I have a working mkv from makeMKV, after I re-mux it with mkvmerge WITHOUT any change, then it fails to play well.
But the video only mkv file from eac3to works well (obviously without audio and chapters)

I can send you any log files and try any settings if you can advise me.

Thanks!
aeroutaf35

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, got a fast question for ya. When doing several batch jobs. Is it possible to start another batch job while the merging the previous job?
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeroutaf35 wrote:
Mike, got a fast question for ya. When doing several batch jobs. Is it possible to start another batch job while the merging the previous job?

No but if you have 2 or more physical hard drives in your system you should and set in Advanced Options the work folder to a different physical hard drive than the output file it should only take a few minutes to merge.

I recently ripped "Lost" episodes and it only takes about 10 minutes per episode.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armian98 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes if you want send me the Ponyo & Inglorious Basterds eac3to log I can compare them to mine.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
armian98 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes if you want send me the Ponyo & Inglorious Basterds eac3to log I can compare them to mine.

Mike

I ripped Ponyo and Inglorious Basterds last night, but didn't have a chance to bring the log files to my work.
I'll send those tonight.

BTW, I found some other odd things.
When I clicked the command line button on your tool, I noticed I could choose which audio tracks I would have and DTS HD track was ticked but the core track was not ticked.
So I ticked the core DTS track as well, thus I have both DTS HD and DTS core tracks ticked.
But when I played the resulting file, it seemed like it has only DTS core track.
(I noticed this when I remux in mkvmerge, too.)

command line showed like "eac3to E: 1) 4: "Ponyo.dtshd" -core".
Does '-core' mean only DTS core? or DTS HD with DTS core?
Anyway, the resulting mkv with DTS core only played flawlessly.
So again this seems to confirm that the problem lies in DTSHD audio.

Thanks.
q3131a

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armian98 wrote:
q3131a wrote:
MikeEby wrote:
q3131a wrote:
Mike,

Any suggestions?

Mike

Mike,

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5400 2.70GHz 2MB L2 LGA775
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L LGA775 Intel P43 chipset ATX
Memory: 4 gig
Graphics Card (ATI): MSI R5450-MD1GH Radeon HD 5450 GDDR3 1GB
HDD: Western Digital WD6400AAKS 640GB SATA 3.0Gbps
Windows 7 32 bit.

MPC HC is set up just as listed in the following thread:
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/02/guide-setting-up-bitstreaming-with-your-windows-7-htpc-part-i/

eac3to is set up as defined on page 1. Only difference is I am using the MKVtoolnix 3.2 as 3.0 would not allow the inclusion of the DTSHD file. I am not using FLAC.

If I play the disk directly from the drive, no problems. If I use MakeMKV, no problems. If I use EAC3TO, it does not play correctly. I don't see how it is a bitstreaming issue or MPC HC issue. Perhaps some kind of issue with ANYDVD or the DTS HD decoder?

If I use the command line and then remux manually, no difference.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

q3131a wrote:

eac3to is set up as defined on page 1. Only difference is I am using the MKVtoolnix 3.2 as 3.0 would not allow the inclusion of the DTSHD file. I am not using FLAC.

If I play the disk directly from the drive, no problems. If I use MakeMKV, no problems. If I use EAC3TO, it does not play correctly. I don't see how it is a bitstreaming issue or MPC HC issue. Perhaps some kind of issue with ANYDVD or the DTS HD decoder?

If I use the command line and then remux manually, no difference.

I'm wondering if it's a Haali issue? Below is version that will display what version of Haali eac3to is using. After you unzip and install then click on Tools>Eac3to Info on the main menu. Paste the result here from the dialog box.

http://www.acdnow.com/AnotherEAC3toGUI/AnotherEAC3toGUISetupAACTest3.zip

Here are the results from mine.

eac3to (v3.17) is installed
There's a new version (v3.18) available
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966
Nero Audio Decoder (Nero 6 or older) doesn't seem to be installed
http://www.nero.com/eng/store-blu-ray.html
CAUTION: You need Nero 7. Nero 8 won't work with eac3to.
ArcSoft DTS Decoder (1.1.0.0) works fine
Sonic Audio Decoder (3.17.0.0) doesn't seem to be installed
Haali Matroska Muxer (2009-01-10) is installed
There's a new version (2009-12-19) available
http://haali.net/mkv
Nero AAC Encoder (1.5.3.0) is installed
Surcode DTS Encoder doesn't seem to be installed
http://www.surcode.com
MkvToolnix (3.0.0.0, release version) is installed
There's a new release version (3.2.0.0) available
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix
There's a new beta version (3.2.0.0, 2010-03-18) available
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 13 of 26
Jump to: