Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Another EAC3to GUI Plus Updated 5-31-2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
chadd wrote:
well, it looks like everything is working fine now.
just made a successful mkv of ratatouille.

what i ended up doing:

- uninstalled shark007 win7 and x64 codecs.
- uninstalled haali
- installed the newest shark007 win7 and x64 codecs and configured them
- noticed that shark was using the v1.9.63.13 of haali, so i installed the version that you posted
- that seemed to change what version the win7 codecs used, but it still lists the newer version in the x64 codec config, and the 1.9.42.1 in the x32 config... i'm no codec expert, so i'm not sure exactly how that is working, best guess is i currently have 2 versions of haali installed, one x32 and one x64
- reran another attempt at ripping ratatouille with your app and success!

let me know if you want any other info on what i did or have installed to help with the debugging/dev process, but i think that's all i did.
thanks much!

Great!...That's good info to know...I will probably note it on the original post and provide a link to the above version Haali.

Thanks for the help figuring this out.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the only confusing part is the multiple versions of haali for x64 users.

my guess is that my x32 haali got upgraded after i upgraded shark007 the last time, so then your app got bustificated.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question... I'm pretty new to this and trying to figure out a way to rip my blu-rays so that I can play them on my wdlive hd. I also use xbmc on my mac and so I'm thinking that .mkv are the closest to cross platform that I can get. From what I understand, all that this gui does is take the content from the raw streams and put them into the mkv container. Well, my receiver won't support the hd audio streams, so I was hoping that I could find a solution that would allow me to decode the audio to AC3 and put that into the mkv. I can't even tell if this does that or not. Anyone care to give a noob the 30k foot explanation of what I am going to get in my output file? I tried going through all of this thread, but I confess that I may have missed something in all the replys about problems with specific movies.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I took a shot using all the software from the first post and the trial of arcsoft (I already owned anydvdhd). I tried this on Watchmen. Fired it up and went to bed. When I came down this morning there is an error pop-up that says:

"Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name:length"

I checked on the gui itself and here are the contents of the 'Results' window:

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "C:\my_movies\Watchmen_files\WATCHMEN\BDMV\STREAM" 2) 1: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen 1080p VC-1.mkv" 4: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 4 DTS Master.flac" 7: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 7 Subtitle.sup" 8: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 8 Subtitle.sup" 9: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 9 Subtitle.sup" 10: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 10 Subtitle.sup" 11: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 11 Subtitle.sup" 12: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 12 Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

Looking for forced subtitles...

No flagged forced subtitles found, looking for other types of forced subtitles...
Likely non flagged forced subtitle found! C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 10 Subtitle.sup

BDSup2Sub Command Line arguments : "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 10 Subtitle.sup" "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Forced Caption.idx" /res:1080
C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Forced Caption.idx Likely forced subtitles created...

Anyone ever seen this error before?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oconnellc wrote:
Well, I took a shot using all the software from the first post and the trial of arcsoft (I already owned anydvdhd). I tried this on Watchmen. Fired it up and went to bed. When I came down this morning there is an error pop-up that says:

"Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name:length"

I checked on the gui itself and here are the contents of the 'Results' window:

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "C:\my_movies\Watchmen_files\WATCHMEN\BDMV\STREAM" 2) 1: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen 1080p VC-1.mkv" 4: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 4 DTS Master.flac" 7: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 7 Subtitle.sup" 8: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 8 Subtitle.sup" 9: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 9 Subtitle.sup" 10: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 10 Subtitle.sup" 11: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 11 Subtitle.sup" 12: "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 12 Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

Looking for forced subtitles...

No flagged forced subtitles found, looking for other types of forced subtitles...
Likely non flagged forced subtitle found! C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 10 Subtitle.sup

BDSup2Sub Command Line arguments : "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - 10 Subtitle.sup" "C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Forced Caption.idx" /res:1080
C:\my_movies\work\Watchmen - Forced Caption.idx Likely forced subtitles created...

Anyone ever seen this error before?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

When do you receive the error "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name:length"?

I noticed you are ripping off the hard drive...If you rip directly off the Blu-ray do you receive the same error?...Also do you know if when you copied from the Blu-ray to the hard drive did you copy the entire disk or just certain tracks?

I will be posting a new version with some debuging tools built in...I'm doing some final testing now and I should post it later tonight.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for your help. I get the same error in either case. I'm not sure exactly 'when' it happens, because I kick it off and leave the room and when I come back later, I see that message. The only clues that I have are the contents of the 'Results' window. I did do a full copy of the entire disk. I also have it ripped as an .iso, so let me know if I should be trying something with that as well.

I'll look for the updated version later tonight and try again.

Thanks,
Chris

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: great program Mike Reply with quote

datman wrote:
I just got turned on to it. Thank you for the GUI a few problems aside it's working great.

For a long time I have just settled for pdvd7&8, I refused to buy 9. I’m one of those few people that won’t be upgrading in order to bit stream. For a couple of years EAC3TO has been around I could not get the commands down.

Across the Universe was the 1st successful MKV/Flac conversion. A very noticeable difference. I can only guess that this is equal to bit streaming.

The problem I’m having is after anotherea3togui muxes the streams apart and converts to mkv/flac. An error in anotherea3togui stops mkvmerge from completing the operation. I didn’t write down it had something title of the final folder being wrong, I will copy the error on the next pass. When I run mkvmerge manually subtitles are not an option so on the first few I skipped them.

I’m looking for a better player tried zoomplay it was very choppy unwatchable. I’m using nero showtime it seems to work. The audio is on par with zoomplay both were much more detailed than pdvd, musically speaking.

I have done several and everyone has this error. I end up manually muxing the files together. One of the films I most want to do will not process the video it's 29fps. Is that the cause and is the a work around?

edit; both vista32 machines have the same error

W7 ERROR.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.48 KB
 Viewed:  15707 Time(s)

W7 ERROR.jpg

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: great program Mike Reply with quote

datman wrote:
datman wrote:
I just got turned on to it. Thank you for the GUI a few problems aside it's working great.

For a long time I have just settled for pdvd7&8, I refused to buy 9. I’m one of those few people that won’t be upgrading in order to bit stream. For a couple of years EAC3TO has been around I could not get the commands down.

Across the Universe was the 1st successful MKV/Flac conversion. A very noticeable difference. I can only guess that this is equal to bit streaming.

The problem I’m having is after anotherea3togui muxes the streams apart and converts to mkv/flac. An error in anotherea3togui stops mkvmerge from completing the operation. I didn’t write down it had something title of the final folder being wrong, I will copy the error on the next pass. When I run mkvmerge manually subtitles are not an option so on the first few I skipped them.

I’m looking for a better player tried zoomplay it was very choppy unwatchable. I’m using nero showtime it seems to work. The audio is on par with zoomplay both were much more detailed than pdvd, musically speaking.

I have done several and everyone has this error. I end up manually muxing the files together. One of the films I most want to do will not process the video it's 29fps. Is that the cause and is the a work around?

Is the account your running the app with an Administrator? If not try running as an Administration. It may only take one time to run as Admin to work then the DLL will be registered properly from there on.

You may want to look at this thread.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/3c582b05-1e68-4ca9-a84f-9425289c01cf

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: great program Mike Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
datman wrote:
datman wrote:

Is the account your running the app with an Administrator? If not try running as an Administration. It may only take one time to run as Admin to work then the DLL will be registered properly from there on.

You may want to look at this thread.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/3c582b05-1e68-4ca9-a84f-9425289c01cf

Mike

Thanks Mike, I followed the link and there is a free program to monitor your registry. I monitored it right up to the error and looked for the correct code to tell you the truth this is way over my head. If there is not a simple way I can live with it, maybe an update will fix it.

edit; I tried to run as an adminitrator One computer I was able to check the always run as adminisrator under properties and the other I could not, both still had the error
datman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad that was the wrong error picture Embarassed I was able to register the file on each computer, so I got that going for me.

this is the correct error

mkv error2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.03 KB
 Viewed:  15618 Time(s)

mkv error2.jpg

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

datman wrote:
My bad that was the wrong error picture Embarassed I was able to register the file on each computer, so I got that going for me.

this is the correct error

Ahh..Ok...what version of Haali are you using? Make sure it's not the 12/19/09 release. I've edited the original post with more info about Haali, and a link to a version that works.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198542#198542

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the just updated version of the gui and I still get the same error about the String. Let me know if there is some additional logging information that is being written out somewhere that I could send to you.

Thanks,
Chris

Oh, and I'm using the 'correct' version of matroskasplitter.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: No subtitles required Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I'm not remotely interested in keeping subtitles (except foreign films). is there a way i can omit them altogether?

TIA

MArk
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: No subtitles required Reply with quote

oconnellc wrote:
I used the just updated version of the gui and I still get the same error about the String. Let me know if there is some additional logging information that is being written out somewhere that I could send to you.

Thanks,
Chris

I'll post a new version this evening with some debuging options.

mark_anderson_us wrote:
Hi Guys

I'm not remotely interested in keeping subtitles (except foreign films). is there a way i can omit them altogether?

TIA

MArk

With the app you should only get what are called "Forced" subtitles. This for instance is a movie in English where a foreign language is spoken, or in the case of one recent release "District 9" where the aliens speak, often times these subtitle are very important to following the plot in the film.

Unfortunately the only way to find out if these types of subtitles exist in a movie is to de-mux the subtitle tracks then test them for the existence of a flag that tags them as “forced”.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been able to include forced subtitles. The nonforced subs are never an option in mkvmerge
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oconnellc wrote:

Thanks,
Chris

Just uploaded a new version, fixed issues with demux only options and added some debugging tools.

After you get the error, click ok, then from the main menu click on Tool>View Last Eac3to run. A window will appear, paste the of the text box in this thread.

Thanks!
Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Small Feature Request? Reply with quote

Mike:

Your tool is perfect. Thank you for your work on this, and continued support.

Just one VERY small thing. Would you consider adding AAC support (.m4a) just like you have FLAC support? All that needs to be done is feed EAC3TO .m4a instead of .flac. Heck even the default encoding settings are perfect. No options.

MKVmerge can then mux it all the same as if it were a flac.

If Another EAC3to GUI PLUS had this feature, it would turn my 5-step rip / store process from BD's into a one step! (currently I must do custom command line and change .flac to .m4a, then of course manually convert subs, and remerge.)

If you're curious, AAC is a great alternative to FLAC which can often shave off 3gb of the MKV filesize without sacrificing quality (perceptually) sometimes more (Akira - 12gb saved!)

Thank you for the consideration.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't be a huge mod to do...I will look into it.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, sorry if I've missed this in the several pages leading up to this, but is it a known issue that attempting to use a source directory with a space in the name causes the GUI to fail? Example:

I usually rip all of my videos to Source file P:\Videos\Ripped Videos\Moviename

When I attempt to use this folder in the GUI, I get this error.

Code:
Source file "P:\Videos\Ripped" not found.  <ERROR>

It looks like it's just stalling out at the space in the directory name. Is this possible to be fixed in your code so that directories like this work as well?

Thanks!
okashira

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
oconnellc wrote:

Thanks,
Chris

Just uploaded a new version, fixed issues with demux only options and added some debugging tools.

After you get the error, click ok, then from the main menu click on Tool>View Last Eac3to run. A window will appear, paste the of the text box in this thread.

Thanks!
Mike

Mike,

Just want to point out - I just noticed this - the error I'm getting with the AAC test version is the same as described above by the other posters. So it's probably not even related to your AAC option implementation but to whatever fault is causing their crash as well.

The debugger result (under tools show last eac3to run) only shows the successful completion of eac3to's job, the error appears to come when your program goes to do somthing with the forced subs it finds.

When I left home earlier today (i'm still at work) I popped in another blu ray to see if that one will work (this time District 9)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 9 of 26
Jump to: