Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Another EAC3to GUI Plus Updated 5-31-2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Another EAC3to GUI Plus Updated 5-31-2010 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!

Main Screen

Damian at MediaSmartServer.net has written a very nice in depth guide on how to use the app.
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/03/29/mkv-mania-another-eac3to-gui/
His instructions go in more detail then the below guide.

Download, unzip and install from this link... (Version 0.9.1.18)

New! Added support for movie name checking and image downloads with http://www.themoviedb.org. This feature is not enabled by default. You must turn it on, go to the Tools menu and select "Image Download Options". Also support for non-forced subtitles. Lower CPU useage while archiving. A new status bar that warns the use if there is not enough disk space is available in the work folder or final file location.

Check the option "Download movie info & images from themoviedb.org"

Latest version also includes disk insertion feature that eliminates the need to select the stream folder in the textbox when archiving directly off the disk. This makes the whole process only 3 clicks and type in the name of the movie.

• Insert disk, wait for the Analyzing Window to complete.

• Select playlist from the Results box.

• Type the name of the Output File text box, I use the name of the movie.

• Press the Add Batch button.

• Press Run All.

Recent update now includes automatic selection support for untouched TrueHD, DTS-HDMaster as well as lossess conversion to FLAC and support for legacy DTS Core, DTS, DTS-ES & Digital Dolby. Automatic selection of lossless audio tracks, chapters and forced subtitle detection in the default language. If forced subtitles are not found it then looks for subtitles that are at least smaller than 1/20th the size of the main subtitles. Automatic re-multiplexing of audio, chapters and forced subtitles using MKVMerge.

There is an easy to use option for moving forced subtitles into the image area making the output file, masking system and CIH friendly, thanks to options in BDSup2Sub. There is also an option to shut the computer down at the end of the batch processing.

The application is also more tuned to ripping right off the disk rather than the hard drive providing AnyDVD is running. Make sure that PowerDVD or other software players do not start when a disk is inserted, or exit them if they do.

Requirement now include Haali Media Splitter, Eac3to, MKVMerge, BDSup2Sub, madFlac, Trial version of Arcsoft TMT will work and .NET Framework 2.0 for XP systems. The .NET framework is built in to Vista and Windows 7 so it does not need to be loaded. Java is also required for BDSub2Sub. Last but not least you will need AnyDVD-HD. All of this software is available free except for AnyDVD and TMT, trials are available for both if you want to try it all out before buying anything.

Required software:
http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/
Haali media splitter
Note: We have seen issues with eac3to and the 12/19/2009 release of Haali. This version of Haali is known to work.
For more information see this post.

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip
eac3to

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-unicode-3.3.0-setup.exe
MKVtoolnix (Windows)

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277
BDSup2Sub for automatic forced subtitle detection creation.

http://www.java.com/en/
Java - Required for BDSup2Sub

http://madshi.net/madFlac.rar
Madflac decoder *

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JHKJLL7D
Arcsoft Total Media Theater Trial *

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
AnyDVD-HD Trial

* Only required if converting HD Audio to FLAC.

When the application starts for the first time it will ask for the location of “eac3to.exe”, “BDSub2Sub.jar” & “mkvmerge.exe”. Browse to the location of these applications, select the default location for the output. It’s a good idea to have them all installed before installing AnotherEAC3to GUI Plus.

Support for untouched HD Audio TrueHD & DTS-HD bitstreaming with ATI5XXX card or lossless conversion to FLAC or AAC audio and for legacy DTS, DTS-ES & Digital Dolby.

The default language is English and it uses this for detection of lossless audio, subtitles and during the MKVmerge process. Note: I have only tested with English disk. Your welcome to try another language...Just type it in and try it.

Make sure the Default Language is set to your prefered default language.

A checkbox is provided if you want to shut down the computer when MKVMerge is complete.

Check the box if you want to delete the work files at the end of MKVmerge.

The output folder same as input folder now defaults to off. Use this option if you rip several disk to the hard drive with AnyDVD then create batch jobs and place the output in the same folder as the stream. This is not the most efficient workflow but the option is still there. Click on OK to exit the options dialog.

NEW! Dramatically faster re-mux times by using the work folder option. Define a work folder on a different physical drive than the destination folder will decrease re-mux (MKVMerge) time.

Once the main window is up. (1) Browse to the folder that contains the streams, NOT just the root folder drill down to the folder that contains the stream files. On Blu-ray it will be “<Your Blu-ray Drive>\BDMV\STREAM”. When you are in the correct folder the input stream list will fill. All Blu-rays seem to use the same folder structure so once pointed to the correct folder you should never need to change it.

Press the Analyze button (2), a popup window will appear for a few seconds then the results list will fill with all the tracks available on the disk.
(3) Enter the name of the output file including the drive and folder. You may use the browse button to browse to the location.

(4) Select the track list from the results list. The stream files for that tracklist will fill the selected stream source file list. Some movies will have several tracks you may preview the files in the tracklist by clicking on them in the selected stream source list.

(5) This step is optional, some forced subtitles will allow themselves to be moved inside the image area. Select the aspect ratio of the movie. I have a masking system and it really looks bad if your subtitles appear on the mask area or if you are running a CIH setup this is also a real blessing. Thank the author of BDSup2Sub. Be sure to select this option before adding to the batch list, changing after adding to the batch will have no effect.

(6) Click on the Add Batch button. The name of the movie will now appear in the batch list.

(7) Finally Click on the Run All button. You will see a dos window appear for both the eac3to and MKVMerge. If everything goes well in about an hour you should have an MKV file ready to watch.

For users that choose to remux on there own, new smarter file naming and batch demuxing of mulitple streams with the "Command Line" button option. Edit the command line to your liking press the "Add Batch" button.

Note: no re-muxing with this option, you must use manually use MKV Merge or MKVMerge GUI.

Review your command line options by hovering over the batch list. To run all batches press the "Run All" button.

Current limitation: No support for 1080i 60 Blu-ray or HD-DVD.

Release Notes:

Current Version 0.9.1.18 Added support for movie name checking and image downloads with themoviedb.org. Support for non-forced subtitles. Lower CPU useage while archiving. Status bar that warns the use if there is not enough disk space is available in the work folder or final file location.

Version 0.9.1.17 Added thread priority in advanced options.

Version 0.9.1.16 Fixed error that could happen during MKVMerge.

Version 0.9.1.15 Fixed error message when ripping an audio or subtitle track without a main video track.

Version 0.9.1.14 Added support for low resolution subtitles that are compatible with Popcorn Hour PH-A200. Also added disk insertion detection.

Version 0.9.1.12 Added status window to replace DOS command window while demux/remuxing.

Version 0.9.1.11 Minor service release see main link at top of thread...Added support for AAC audio. Made the default language English if no value is entered. Fixed bug where Advanced Options button would not be displayed when using larger screen fonts. Fixed issue where in some cases TrueHD audio tracks would not extract Digital Dolby track.

Version 0.9.1.3 fixed issue with incorrect measage and batch processing when demux only option used.
Added eac3to tracing for debugging.

Version 0.9.1.2 Includes support untouched HD Tracks.

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Mon May 31, 2010 6:20 pm; edited 66 times in total
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clean looking interface, and it makes sense to boot Wink

I'm trying this now, will report back, hopefully with success. Thanks for doing this, it looks great.

Erik Smile
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't see this - I just told you to use HDStreamExtractor in your other thread...oops.

I'll give it a go Mike.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...I current don't support any command line switches. I can implement them easily but would prefer to add as people requested. I'm trying to keep the app fairly simple and as of right now I have not needed any.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm....I can't get it to work at all Mike.

It will analyse the disc, but that's it.

When I click in the Results box to pick the title I want to convert (or preview)....nothing.

Can you please list exactly what needs to be installed as well? I have all that is needed to play an MKV, but don't want to install everything in the post you listed willy-nilly...

Ta

Mark
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I built a new Vista PC and it will run now with only required filters and software installed.

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have both a codec pack and Powerdvd installed?

You are braver than I...

Best would be getting it to use ffdshow and haali splitter or mpc-hc splitter.
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to make of this, likely just me doing something wrong. I select the stream folder and then select the biggest file assuming it will be the main movie. Then I set my output folder and run command, it dumps the files (MKV, AC3, FLAC) into the folder and I use MKVmerge to mux it with the FLAC audio and the chapter list.

MKV files come out fine in the end but I never see anything when I hit the analyze button, haven't even tried the video preview yet.

Will do some more testing and report back, I've done eight Blu-rays already and it seems to be working good.

Thanks again for working on this Smile
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

The preview is not working for me, I do have Powerdvd Ultra 7.3 installed.

It just stops responding when I try to use it? Oh well, not a major problem for what I'm doing.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll build up a virgin machine without Power DVD and see if I can replicate the issue.

I'm using an older .NET directshow library that is very limited after doing some research I found microsoft has newer managed code library that looks much better.

What version of Eac3to are you guys using. I did all my testing with 3.16.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.16 here too.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend I built up a new Vista box with Vista SP2-32 bit, ATI driver, Flash, Silverlight, Flac Filter and Arcsoft TMT. The preview function seemed to work fine. I did fix a bug with the results parser and improved the instructions in the original post.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just uploaded a new version with Forced Subtitle detection and MKVMerge support. View original post for details.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of seeing a resize to 720p option in a future version?

I started a database where everyone can come and add movies that have forced subtitles. If you'd like to contribute PM me your e-mail and I'll add you as an editor.

Mike, having an issue with The Dark Knight. When I load up the stream folder and hit analyze nothing shows up in the results window.

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stryker412 wrote:
Any chance of seeing a resize to 720p option in a future version?

Haven't tried re-encoding much yet... I'll give it a shot.

Stryker412 wrote:

I started a database where everyone can come and add movies that have forced subtitles. If you'd like to contribute PM me your e-mail and I'll add you as an editor.

Sounds good!

Stryker412 wrote:

Mike, having an issue with The Dark Knight. When I load up the stream folder and hit analyze nothing shows up in the results window.

That's weird...I converted my TDK disk to an MKV with the app and it worked perfect...I went the automatic batch route I'll try it again with the command line button like I think you were trying.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even try the command line button, as it was greyed out. I just loaded the stream folder then hit analyze. I could choose the individual m2ts files but nothing in the results area.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get the pop up window that says Analyzing...Please Wait! ?

Don't mean to state the obvious but you might just try rebooting if you haven't...There could be a stuck thread with eac3to running so it's unable to launch another instance....Just a thought...I have seen a rare issue if you press the cancel button this sometimes can happen.

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Stryker412

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that window does come up but I'll try making sure nothing else is open.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stryker412,
I did notice something last night...If PowerDVD or any software player is set to start when a disk is inserted it will cause some very bad behavior and “Analyze” will not work. It would problem be best to turn off that feature in Windows.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent update now includes automatic selection support for TrueHD, DTS-HDMaster conversion to Flac as well as support for legacy DTS Core, DTS, DTS-ES & Digital Dolby.

For users that choose to remux on their own, new smarter file naming and batch demuxing of mulitple streams with the Command Line button option. Edit the command line to your liking press the "Add Batch" button.

Review your command line options by hovering over the batch list. To run all batches press the "Run All" button.

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26
Jump to: