Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony Hdmi/Component card Questions, Left Shift and Gamma

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigsilverdisc

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Sony Hdmi/Component card Questions, Left Shift and Gamma Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi
I have the G70 with the Sony hdmi/Component card.
When watching Pal SD dvd from my Blu or HD DVD player the pic shifts left and i cant shift it back enough is there any way to fix this with this card?

With the Gamma i only notice the picture change with the first press and all that does is turn black to grey or washed out black, is this the way it is supposed to be?
I have adjusted the screw and the yellow light does what it does so it seems to working.

I had a friend bring his Hd Fury connected to the Box 1020 to try.
The 1020 has a control to fix the left shift and that works great but what I find so much better is its BB or Black Boost adjustment, You can really see every fine adjustment you make and it gives so much detail in the black without making the blacks grey,
Is the BB (Black Boost) differant from Gamma or are they the same?
Thanks
moome

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, can you tell us how much shift for your image? what resolution you use? the gamma control function same as black boost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: