Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Setting-Up Used Sony 1272Q: I Have Stupid Questions!!! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have had two other 12xx machines that had the tiny fans removed by a previous owner. Neither one of those sets had an issue without that fan, but personally I would buy a new one.
atotaldoofus

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wild! Smile I'd never heard of that before!
Do you mind describing the difference it makes? I don't get how anything being blurrier would make a better picture so I'm sincerely curious about this! Smile

Well I guess I won't sweat it too much then, and hopefully the flickering will cease if I just run it at 48khz like the MoneyAss guide suggests.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys don't be to hard on him. He showed me the pj the other day, but I don't know much about the Sonys. He was getting a little frustrated. Since he lives in Cocoa, I told him he might want to contact tse or cmjohnson for some help.
Anyway, I sold him my PG9+. He won't be messing around with this inferior Sony much longer.Smile
atotaldoofus

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SH! Smile
Thanks again for the 9PG! I can't wait to get around to it setting it up - I just need to get the 1272Q up and running reasonably well first! Smile

Anyhow, the rest of the thread's gone better than it started, everybody's cool now. Smile

I hope everything's going well for you! Take it easy! Smile
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, great. Rolling Eyes I had A/C for one freaking day. You saw how happy I was to have it running again. The next day it went out again. The Lastros on its last leg.Smile
atotaldoofus

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

I finally got a Da-Lite HP screen, and with Graham's video I'm really getting started properly. Smile

Unfortunately I'm still having the problem with a flickering blue. Sad It kind of "shakes" a little, a few times every minute. Any idea what might be causing that?
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkruger wrote:
What is your location? I have an extra sony with a good case here that you can have for free if you are close enough to make it practical.
You can run it without the covers on but keep you hands off the electrical stuff.
Have you downloaded and read the install manual? That will help a lot. Print it out and keep it for reference.
Can you post pictures to help show us what you are talking about?
We're here to help but you have to help us help you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: