Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

marquee 9500 calibration / setup needed in chicago

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voodoo7869

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: marquee 9500 calibration / setup needed in chicago Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am looking for assistance with calibration and setup. I will be using a moome card for input. I have multiple sources coming in through hdmi from a receiver. I will be funneling all through this input, and need to do a mechanical setup. I also need magnetics and color calibration. I would like to get it done properly thanks. please let me know who is available and how much thanks!
John

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: marquee 9500 calibration / setup needed in chicago Reply with quote

voodoo7869 wrote:
I am looking for assistance with calibration and setup. I will be using a moome card for input. I have multiple sources coming in through hdmi from a receiver. I will be funneling all through this input, and need to do a mechanical setup. I also need magnetics and color calibration. I would like to get it done properly thanks. please let me know who is available and how much thanks!
John

Wow bro! What made you jump into CRT? Thumbs Up
voodoo7869

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been into crt for a while and want to get a pro to set it up. I have a highly modified 8000 that i could almost get to resolve 1080p. by hodgepodge parts. I modified my 9500 with lugs new RGB interconnects form the vim and added frankenyokes. I would love to see what it can really do. I already have scanlines visable with my own rough setup, but it is not the razorblade lines of your stack. Thumbs Up It is plenty bright on my 100" screen though. The next round of mods will be mp boards and dragonman mods. I was at one of your meets you have a truely awsome setup. I bow down to the stack!!! Mr. Green maybe one day I will catch up!

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voodoo7869 wrote:
The next round of mods will be......................and dragonman mods.
that's a dam good idea Mr. Green
What exactly do you think a pro will do that you can't? If you got the stig and flare dialed in and the set is well converged with centered rasters etc. then all that leaves is color balance. They sell inexpensive things to dial that in too.
Reason I ask is that it seems like you've through the machine pretty thoroughly, what part did you feel like you missed?
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need this man http://www.cir-engineering.com/ and he is in Chicagoland bro!!!!

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
voodoo7869

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i need help from someone much more experianced than me for magnetics alignment. and physical alignment of the pj I know the mount is close to correct but to give you an idea the red tube is toed in sharp green is off center and blue has little to no toe in and i am not sure the mount is square to the screen I have trouble measuring it due to a hanging screeen as this is in my front room.

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voodoo7869 wrote:
I know the mount is close to correct but to give you an idea the red tube is toed in sharp green is off center and blue has little to no toe in
i'm afraid that's not close at all, sounds like it's off center by a foot ,maybe more.
voodoo7869

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked i miss worded it is not crazy but is more than blue from the rough measure by my self i think I am off about 3 inches. and the mount is not parallel to the screen. by about a 1/4 inch.
the problem is i need 2 people to measure since i can't be in 2 places at once.

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should be able to get closer than that by just eyeballing it, seriously. Put a piece of small masking tape or similar in the center of your screen frame on the upper part. Now stand directly behind the PJ, with your eyeballs centered on either side of green tube. Now look straight ahead, you should be able to see whether your lined up on the tape marker pretty easilly.
voodoo7869

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that and am now within a 1/4 inch i will be centering it tomorrow I found it was not the mount but the pj that was tilted the blocks that are welded to the pj are not equally spaced on the pj I will adjust the mount to compensate. I have the rastor maxed out now and will git it aligned tomorrow.

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voodoo7869 wrote:
I did that and am now within a 1/4 inch i will be centering it tomorrow I found it was not the mount but the pj that was tilted the blocks that are welded to the pj are not equally spaced on the pj I will adjust the mount to compensate. I have the rastor maxed out now and will git it aligned tomorrow.
cool Thumbs Up When you can align these machines pretty closely by eye then it means you've been doing this too long Mr. Green I actually had a lot of trouble using measuring tape and such. I would always get different measurements and was never really sure. By looking at the toe in of red and Blue, comparing them to each other, and also using the method outlined above you can easilly get within an inch or better.
the biggest gains aren't to be had by getting the PJ within .1 inches anyway, it's in the magnetic, source, screen, and electronic upgrades to the 10 year old chassis.
PaulB

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to jump in but whats the best way to mount the pj the correct distance from the screen?

I'm thinking that getting the rasters the correct size on the tube face and then moving the pj back and fore until the picture fills the screen is probably a lot easier and more accurate than using measurements?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by PaulB on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yepp paul thats How I do it.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, the factory throw formula is just a starting point. On a Marquee typically you want H size at 90 or bigger
PaulB

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: