Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

G90 IFB card - multiple failures

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cunim

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: G90 IFB card - multiple failures Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone had reliability issues with the Sony IFB Full HD? My first card failed recently, after about four months. Symptom - no video via HDMI, though component to the G90 still worked. Sent the card to Taiwan and Moome was very responsive. He replaced the card with a new one. Everything was fine for about a month and then the second card failed.

The failure appears to have occured while the pj was off. That is, video was fine a few days before and then nothing the the next time I fired up the G90. When off, the G90 is in some sort of passive mode waiting for a trigger so there is some power to the unit.

It may be a coincidence but there had been a power outage prior to both failures. Normal domestic type of thing that happens all the time around here. Power goes off for a minute or so and then comes on. No effects on any other electronic components. I wonder if the G90 can be putting a pulse into the interface card when there is a transient?

Given that this second card lasted only a month, I am wondering if I need a different solution for HDMI. I have been happy with the performance of the IFB card - when it works.
moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sir:
can you tell us how much LED light up when projector is on and the hdmi cable is plug in,
maybe there is a voltage difference between G90 and dvd player, did you check the grounding?
cunim

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The green status LED is lit. The index LED on input 0 is also lit. When I use the remote, I get a flash from the indicator LED.

I will check ground on the PJ but there are no signs of any problems It is hard wired to the house, which is grounded on a buried pipe outside, I think. The player is just plugged into the wall. The HDMI cable is quite long, 15 meters. Not sure if that makes any difference.
bigleechild

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had the same issue happen. I went down to turn on my projector and all I get is sound. Normally there are 3 lights on when mine is working (red yellow and green) now only the green. When I unplug the hdmi and plug it into the other hdmi input, my projector comes on saying no input. What does that mean? Thanks

Stuart
moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear guys:
we have process this issue now, we will find a solution for this~
and you can send card back for get upgraded newone .
cunim

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: happened again Reply with quote

Got the card back a couple of weeks ago. Have used it about six hours. Failed again in exactly the same way. This is the third time.

Peter
robertmejia

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe my HDMI card for a Marquee 9500 has also failed. I'm sending it back to Moome for repair. and I also ordered another one just in case. I believe I damaged mine when I attempted to use a Sony PS3. I was told that it may have gotten stuck in a "ground loop." I still get a picture, but it is a lot darker than normal. Sometimes it cycles between dark and bright, but lately the picture has remained dark. On May 26 Moome said that they have corrected the problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I still think Moome has an excellent product. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: