Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Struggling to find patterns on DVE DVD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeb23ft

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Struggling to find patterns on DVE DVD? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've got my eyeone lt and my laptop all ready to go, but I can't find the section of the DVE DVD "Optimize your home entertainment system" that has the displays from 0-100 IRE in increments. I can find one for 20%, one for 40%, one for 80%, and several for 100%, but that's it. Any help?!?

Thanks!
Michael

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with the dvd, so I grabbed the patterns from here;
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

I run the MP4 file from my htpc, so I'm calibrating the same source that I watch 99% of the time.
mikeb23ft

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wouldn't say that this DVD has been entirely useless, but I'm definitely bummed out that it doesn't have the information that I need to calibrate my grayscale. Someone should probably make a note regarding this in the "Greyscale Calibration For Dummie" guide. I don't have the computer goodies or cables needed to run my laptop into my TV, and I won't be using it as a source, so I guess I'll be borrowing or buying a Bluray player and finding someone to burn this to Bluray for me. Spectacular. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the help though.

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a DVD burner. I suppose I could find someone who does to burn it for me though I've been wanting a Bluray player (ps3) Smile anyway.

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVE DVD is very hard to navigate thru, actually depending on your player it can be impossible at times.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter is right. The DVD's layout is a POS and the patterns are difficult to find. I can never remember where to find them. I have to fart around with the disk for 5 minutes before I get to them every time I do it. IIRC, it has to do with the "title" menu vs. "menu" button... Some non-standard DVD players don't even have one or the other...

YOu should be able to find them. I'll look at mine tonight if nobody has anything to offer before then.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
mikeb23ft

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is a very frustrating layout, but I swear I've been through everything on here and it's just not there. I'll take your word for it though. I'm using an Xbox 360 to play the DVD with a controller (NOT the remote) so navigation is via an onscreen menu. Any ideas on where to look in general? I've been going through the 'reference materials' portion. I thought I'd watched most everything else, I guess I was wrong.

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it a PITA on the HTPC with keyboard commands. Bruce09 pointed me at the AVS HD patterns a while back and now I usually go for that first...
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: