Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Mitsubishi WT-46805 convergence help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi WT-46805 convergence help Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Guys,
a new guy Kevin, needs a little help. His WT-46805 just had the convergence go out in the top left corner on him.

Anyone ( Mac? ) got the service manual or know off the top of your head(s) which parts he needs to order to fix this?

TIA

CRT.

HD done right!

Last edited by AnalogRocks on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't know the Mits chassis at all, if it has STK chips in the convergence section, that's the first thing I'd change.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While most of the time the convergence problems are usually the STK's, its not usually just a corner. Plus that chassis has a stronger STK then most do. I would try correcting it first in the service menu and see if he can bring it back in. You need the original remote though to do so. Does he have the factory remote?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
While most of the time the convergence problems are usually the STK's, its not usually just a corner. Plus that chassis has a stronger STK then most do. I would try correcting it first in the service menu and see if he can bring it back in. You need the original remote though to do so. Does he have the factory remote?

No his dog ate it. The factory replacement he got has slightly different buttons he tells me. He can't seem to get into the service menu's.

CRT.

HD done right!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

menu 0159 for convergence menu. You would then use the video and audio buttons along with the arrow buttons to maneuver the options.

Oh, and if he's running an HD signal then its needs to be done in HD. Either feeding an HD signal or forcing HD in the menu.

Buttons 4 and 5 toggles coarse and fine adjustment. Enter button to toggle cursor blinking. Press menu twice when done and data is saved and convergence is exited.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little correction. He gave me the wrong model number. WT-46805 is the correct one. He's glued the remote back together. Aparently he did a factory reset on his TV.

Anyone in the St.Paulm MN, area available to do a full on setup on his rear projection TV?

CRT.

HD done right!
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking mechanical convergence, or point (electronic) convergence? On my Mits you simple go in through the non-service menu.
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electronic.

CRT.

HD done right!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Little correction. He gave me the wrong model number. WT-46805 is the correct one.

Well scratch everything I said then. Its a different animal.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:
Little correction. He gave me the wrong model number. WT-46805 is the correct one.

Well scratch everything I said then. Its a different animal.

Yeah thought it might be. Any tips on that one?

CRT.

HD done right!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one is a V16 chassis. It uses the STK392-040 convergence chips which hold up pretty well. Not a common chip to go out on these but is possible.

The code for convergence is menu 0359. Maneuvering the menu should be the same as I described above. The convergence is pretty easy once he knows how to move things around and what button does what.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin recieved the Extron, he can get a picture at 1080i now from the HDFury1. However since he did the reset this is what he get's:

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't reset his 480 though that's still working.

CRT.

HD done right!
kevin_s

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for taking the time to help me on this.

when I try to use the extron box with my Xbox or DVD player I get a black and red screen. I didnt take any pictures.
If I set the cable box to use HDMI the extron box does not work at all. If I set up the cable box's HDMI setting to emulate DVI then it sort of works. I have never gotten a 1080I picture with the FURY before. I can not set up DVI emulation with the XBOX or the DVD P Layer.

I have this setup: cable box > HDMI to DVI cable > HDFURY > Extron cable 15D plug > extron box > 5bnc cable > rca adapters > TV.

When I set the cable box to 480I, and the TV to DTV I get

It says component even though it is DTV because the Mitsubishi auto detects that it is in 4:3, and allows zoom mode if you are not in 16x9. The hour glass shape you see is real, not parallax from the camera. I used the sekret code to reset the factory settings and blew out my convergence on the TV. This tv has "crept" so that I am missing a good two inches top and bottom, side to side. I can not watch subtitled movies because the subtitles are cut in half.

When I set the cable box to 1080I I get

The alignment you see is what it looks like when I did the factory reset. It took about an hour to re-converge it. The convergence does not have an HD setting and a non HD setting. How can I set up the convergence for the DTV so that the TV will still works with the SVideo? This is important since the HDFury does not work with the DVD or the Xbox.

I have ordered the convergence chips and will install them. maybe this will help.

kevin
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mac, don't these Mitsubishi's have seperate memory's for 480i, 480p and 1080i?

Kevin, are you running the power supply with the HDFury1? How high do you have the Extron's Boost level set to?

CRT.

HD done right!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: That does not look like a convergence ic problem.

2: The convergence must be done for different resolutions. I'm not sure what I'm seeing in that 1080i screen. I would rather see a test pattern. You can force set the DTV input to 480p or 1080i and then do the convergence. I'll type that up a little later.

3: I believe it will say component when only 480i is being sent. Pretty sure thats normal. As far as the zoom mode, you should be able to change that with the format button on the remote.

4: I can get you through the tv setup for different resolutions but you have so much going on in that video chain that if there's a problem there, we may not be able to get around it. But we'll see when we get there.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Hey Mac, don't these Mitsubishi's have seperate memory's for 480i, 480p and 1080i?

Smile I was typing while you posted this. I guess I answered it though. Smile
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you did

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, which model Xbox do you have? The Black Elite with HDMI or one of the white ones with HDMI?

CRT.

HD done right!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather then write a lot at once we'll go a little at a time. I dont have the exact manual but I do have the correct codes. So some features may not be there that i give you so just let me know if they are different.

First disconnect from the DTV port. Next select the DTV input on the remote. Now press menu 1270. You should have an options menu. Highlight DTV port and use the enter button to cycle the options. Select 1080i and press menu twice. if menu is still there hit menu again until its gone. If you hit info it should now say 1080i as the input. How did this go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: