Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Samsung LE40M87 Calibrating Eye One LT

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krieghoff

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Samsung LE40M87 Calibrating Eye One LT Reply with quote

Right then! I bought the tv coming up to two years ago, eventually found AV forums and used some settings from there .... messed them up recently and read the colorimeter guide and bouught an eye one LT and the bluray dve disc, OK!!

Have had a few very late nights after work trying this and that and have decided its best to ask for help and guidance, by posting what i have and throwing myself at the mercy of a kindly soul.

With these settings (on a dvd player connected via hdmi) on sd sky broadcasts on scart .... I expected some definition low down, so the shades low down are separated - ie a guy in a black jacket is separate to the background at night or in a dark room .... but its not. Have only just started watching the tv following the tunings .... could you offer me advise on what to change to get this definition as per the guide i 'think' i have decent enough results in the IRE tests - numbers seem ok and colours at the 50 to 80 range seem good after tests done ...

The settings I have dialed in are ....

Movie
Contrast 90
Brightness 42
Sharpness 20
Colour 50
Tint 50:50
Colour Tone Warm 1
Backlight 1
Size Just Scan
Digital NR Off
Black Adjust Off
Dynamic Contrast Off
Gamma -2
WB
R offset 20
G offset 15
B offset 9
R gain 5
G gain 15
B gain 14
Pink 15
Green 15
Blue 15
White 20
Edge Enhance off
Colour space wide
xvYCC off

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: