Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

BUF2000 Quit working

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brenwaterys

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: BUF2000 Quit working Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I received my BUF2000 10 days ago and earlier this week got the last adapter I needed to hook everything up. I tested the setup Tuesday night for 10 minutes just to make sure everything worked and it looked great. I didn't have a chance to go into any gamma tweaking but it looked great. Tonight I went to spend some time to work on the gamma and when I went to turn everything on I was getting no signal to the projector. Just for testing I pulled the BUF2000 out of the chain and hooked up the 25' of cable directly to the HDFury (obviously not expecting much) but I did get a recognizable signal to the projector.

In short I get a good signal without the BUF2000 and no signal with. Any suggestions? Hopefully I am missing something simple. None of the DIP switches in the BUF2000 have been changed and I tested the power supply as good.

Setup

PS3 -> Monoprice 4x1 HDMI switcher -> HDFury1 -> BUF2000 -> 25' Monoprice cable -> Sony 1271
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you open the case and maybe turned the H-width potmeter by accident? If that is not the case than maybe something happened to the BUF2000, send me a PM with your shipping address and I will send you a new one early next week.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a quick interlude, is it possible to test this BUF2000 in another RGB path, for example from your PC to your monitor. Just as a check that nothing else is weird.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, things appear to be working again. I changed the DIP switches to match what was posted in the other thread for pass-through sync. Any idea on what might cause this?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be quite honest, no idea. It may be the BUF2000, the display or the interaction and without being there with a scope it is very had to track down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: