Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Broken Samsung 23" lcd screen - where to buy replacemen

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Broken Samsung 23" lcd screen - where to buy replacemen Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I acquired a Samsung 23" lcd today. It has a broken screen but appears to function fine otherwise. It has hdmi,component, vga, svideo, etc... inputs. Is it worth fixing? Where can I find the screen?
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the screen is broken then how about taking the product apart, identify the panel, and go from there.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the model number?
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you can find a used one on ebay I would guess it will cost more than a new monitor. Keep in mind a 24" 1080p LCD is only $260.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020%201309821328&name=24%22

Mike

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bet is to troll eBay for an identical one that has an intact screen with blown guts.
jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung Model number is LN S2338W. it's only good for 720p, new ones do 1080p for $290.00. I'll take it apart and find out how much the screen would cost.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Samsung part number for the lcd panel is BN07-00209A. The cheapest I could find one new is 424.40. I did a little searching for a used one but nothing. Maybe you'll have better luck searching. At least you have a part number now..... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: