Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee HDMI v 1.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohmess

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
The face plate on mine was also tight. I pulled the CCM and loosened the plate below it and with all that loose I was able to get the Moome card to fit.
Ohmess

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
put up a stair step pattern from a disc, My old cards were set with gamma at max(both of them) I used the screw to tun it to the lowest posistion(screw has no stop but i turned it about 10 times. then i used the remote to increase gamma while showing the pattern, then if you want more use the screw to fine tune it, turn it very little .
there is a guide line in the sony hdmi card section, its the same for the marquee.

Athanasios

Do you turn the screw counterclockwise to reduce the gamma?
scot

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take back what I said about not working. The remote had something in the metal stopping contact from the battery. Pulled out the plastic and it is working now. The gamma setting itself is.. not enough? I have it maxed by turning counter clockwise until I hear it "tick" and the selection on the device up till the IR light comes up. I can get down ro ire 20 lit barely, but nothing below that.

My second box is clearly (if barely) visible based on g2.
scot

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCW to reduce gamma number, and put a bump into the bottom end is what I see.
robertmejia

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Well the VIM module is installed in my Marquee 8500 and I love it! Moome did nice job with it. As others had stated, it's worth the wait. I also had a question about the gamma adjustments but, Athanasios answered it. Thanks Athanasios!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone able to make any comparisons with the new 1.3 version and the one prior?

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gino, I have the slight impression, that the new card is a little bit sharper that the old HDMI card. I will have to do some more viewing this weekend to be more clear on that. I also noticed that the gamma bump is very sudden, meaning when you display a grayscale step pattern, and start raising the gamma you get an immediate big bump in the curve, which you can also increase. With the older card the increase in gamma was more gradual, in discernable steps.
I will keep you posted.

P.S. My new Marquee 9500LC Ultra is ridiculously sharp at times!!! LOL!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I seem to be having is that the card locks in at PC input levels (0-255) instead of Video (16-235) and I have to switch it manually every time from the remote (B button). I am using a Lumagen HDP and I didn't have this problem with the previous HDMI card. Any suggestions?

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you want the RGB colorspace instead of YCbCr. the 0-255 has a larger bandwidth and will show blacker than black, the card then convert it to 16-235 i think. I may be wrong but i just read this last night.

http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/calibrate-your-system/hdmi-black-levels-xvycc-rgb

Edit i think your are right Nikos this is a quote from the article.

Quote:
Now that I have you thoroughly confused, let's get back to the issue at hand. ALL video stored on modern discs, be it DVD or Blu-ray, are stored as YCbCr with a range of 16-235. But, the content is mastered such that 0-255 is present in the tape domain (the SDI stream - D5 archive tape, etc.) It is then captured into a computer and then the computer will decide what to do with it - preferably retaining the extended info (all data from 0-255). This entire range is then compressed into the 16-235 range accepted by DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, etc. When you play that back on a system set to 16-235, you get all the information as it was intended with no gaps. If you mismatch and play back with RGB (0-255) settings, you'll clip off the black and white levels and black will look "dark gray". Additionally, you won't be able to view the Blacker-than-Black images found on most video test discs. Let's look at this pictorially to get a better understanding of how this works:

http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/calibrate-your-system/hdmi-black-levels-xvycc-rgb/0-255-RGB.jpg/image

Many of your displays can accept a RGB 0-255 signal. However, if you are using your receiver as an HDMI switcher, there may be a bottleneck. For some reason, many receiver manufacturers have strictly limited their receiver HDMI inputs to a 16-235 range for RGB. This means that if you set your source to output RGB, it will be sending a signal to your receiver that will be truncated before it is sent to the display. If you use this signal to calibrate your black levels, your black levels will be off and it's likely you won't see the Blacker-than-Black pattern from test discs.

But I think you can set the lumagen to output PC levels(0-255) try shguting it off in the lumagen ands see what happens.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
napos

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no difference when I set upt the HDP to output PC or Video levels. The card is just "clipping" too much information. So far, I can do two things: 1) Switch the input level of the card via remote everytime I turn on the Marquee, or 2)Set up the projector for the levels that the card is expecting. I have gone with option no. 2, because it annoys me to have to switch the card levels everytime. I have not raised the G2 levels on the Marquee, but I have used the gamma adjustment on both the card and the Lumagen in order to get a correct grayscale. However, I would like to avoid using extreme gamma correction. Does any body know how I can set up the Lumagen EDID information, so that the Moome card recognizes Video levels?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: