Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Anyone Heard of a Schudel curved screen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
darind wrote:
what is Torus??

A torus is a curved screen that is curved both vertically and horizontally. These screens focus the light back at the viewer and give a brighter picture than most screens.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
darind

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The g70 is still in need of a set-up. The corners at the top will not focus, and alignment is just a hair off.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darind wrote:
FINE! since no-one cares about the screen on a crt projector forum, i will talk about the damn tiles!

Are you kidding me? You are pissed that no one is talking about your screen, but instead are interested in your blocks and maybe purchasing some. Give me break. Hell, its not like you are regular member or have a bunch of posts. Rolling Eyes

Here is some info for you. I and it sounds like most here have never heard of this manufacturer. That is why you haven't gotten much feedback. The screen itself looks like the Vutec UHG screens or old smaller front pj screens from Sony and Advent. The Vutec screen was a laminated opaque silver Torus screen with hard backing just like yours. It gives you high gain with good uniformity. One person achieved 30 ft/lmbs on his Vutec / 9500 set up. Yes, you got a great deal as the screen themselves were pretty expensive. Is that enough?
darind

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Spanky,
I wasn't serious I was just trying to be funny. Thank you for the info it was very interesting.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you might not be able to focus the corners is your lens', not sure what the G70 has but it could be the problem. have you done Schleimflug adjustments yet?

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
darind

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have noticed is the blue is sharp and Clear all over, the red and green will not focus in the upper corners. No I have not made that adjustment but I will do that next. Thanks.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't done Scheimpflug (flapping), then that's exactly why you don't have good focus on top. That control shift's the lens' plane of focus to make it parallel with the screen. That's one of the major advantages of a machine with that focusing mechanism - perfect focus all over. The question is, with your smallish screen and shortish throw, whether you'll be able to get corner focus as good as you would on a flat screen.

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
darind

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the blue is perfect so I think that the other two just need that adjustment and I should be good to go.
Thanks guys!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When trying to be funny or toung in cheek add a few smilies it helps convey your message

Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Confused Laughing Razz Embarassed Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Thumbs Up Thumbs Down Mr. Green Mr. Green

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Sony equivalent curved screen, very similar to the Advent curved screen I curbed a few months ago...

http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?projcrta&1234248937
donaldk

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks exactly like my 1996 Vutec, but mine is bigger 120"Wink. Even the instructions on the back read quite similar. That G70 for that money was a good deal as well.
rickinvt

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Anyone Heard of a Schudel curved screen? Reply with quote

Conrad Schudel sold his screens from a location in Miramar (north San Diego) for several years until at least mid 1980. I don't recall for sure but I believe he manufactured them there as well. I was one of his customers and sold projectors in the San Diego area until 1980. I believe he sold his screen to Earl Muntz (Muntz Electronics) but I'm not positive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: