Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

How often does your theater play host to guests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often does your theater play host to guests.
Never
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rare
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
On occasion
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
About half the time its used
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
The majority of the time
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Always. I'm subverting the public theaters by deliberate action.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: How often does your theater play host to guests. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
How often does your theater play host to guests. This excludes family members that typically live in the same home, and we are talking dedicated home theater rooms, not family rooms or media rooms where they are more classified as mixed-use rooms.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We started having guests over for movie nights a year ago. There is a movie group that started here about 6 years ago and we used to meet twice a month and watch DVDs on a 61" CRT RPTV. Now we split between this and our place and the members are really into the projector. We also have friends over often and have a kids night once every 2 months or so. Favourite comment (from a 12 year old during a blackout) "Why did it get so dark? Is it still on?" There is now quite a queue of friends waitng for their next invite.
View user's photo album (11 photos)
dropzone7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really host a lot of movie events but when we do it's normally just another couple and us. We don't have kids and our best friends don't either so we usually make it a dinner and a movie type event and most times there is alcohol involved. Just last night we watched "The Shining" which was one of my unopened HD-DVD discs. It's one of mine and my wife's favorites and her girlfriend had never seen it. Speaking of blackout, that movie has some great fade to black scenes and it was pitch black in the room last night. I only wish my room was larger but even if it was we would probably never have more than a few people at a time.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a 1/2 dozen friends over Thursday to watch Mamma Mia, it was actually quite entertaining. Embarassed

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that my poll options is flawed. Some might answer 'half the time' but then mean that they only use the HT once per month. That's a lot different than, say, someone saying occasionally, but then use the HT room 5-6 times per week. Maybe I should have said 1:Infinity (never), 1:1000 (Rare), 1:5-1:10 (on occasion), etc.

BTW, the intent of the poll and the discussion was to give rise as to who the theater was built for. For me, its all about the wife and me and no one else. Since I am about function over form, I could care less is guests are forced to the floor. Thumbs Up The wife just let's me run amuck, of course.

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 1/2 the time it's used to watch a movie, it is with guests. Used to be about once a week but this time of year with everyone busy it's been a few weeks now. Haven't used it much myself either.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Z-Photo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do kids count?
The Only GOOD AMPRO - is a Dead AMPRO.
wait - are they not all DEAD already?
View user's photo album (16 photos)
Jester

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do movie nights about every three months where we pack the house (11 seats plus floats, you know, those ppl that cant sit thru a movie) I also have a long list of ppl that NEED to be invited over for a movie cuz they have heard about it from a co worker, problem is I am not that fake so I wanna party with my friends not entertain just to have ppl say they where here. Smile Aslo the neighborhood kids join about once to twice a week and 360 up the joint lol they love the games on the big screen.

Jester
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z-Photo wrote:
do kids count?

Only as 1/2

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: