Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

I have a special guest in the theater tonight
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: I have a special guest in the theater tonight Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Panasonic AE3000

I'm actually impressed so far. More to come soon........ Cool

Cliffy
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read a little bit about that little sucker, it has a lot of cool features for CIH. Petty cheap too around 2500 bucks! The frame insertion thingy also sounds interesting.

This is funny...One of the reviews on Amazon said "This is a fantastic projector: 1080p, smooth, bright, quiet... but huge, like the size of a laptop bag."

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting a Panny on a Samsung box makes the pix look worse..Smile
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
I've read a little bit about that little sucker, it has a lot of cool features for CIH. Petty cheap too around 2500 bucks! The frame insertion thingy also sounds interesting.

Mike

Yeah, my Boss wanted a PJ for his rec room so I recommended the Panasonic because projector people had them for 2200 bucks shipped. I just got done watching the snow scene in Kill Bill and was VERY impressed. This thing is very nice for the price. Off for more tweaking and viewing. Very Happy
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Putting a Panny on a Samsung box makes the pix look worse..Smile

I actually wish right now that I had the Dalite High Power screen in front of me. The projector is in the perfect position for it. Smile

Cliffy
Person99

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
I've read a little bit about that little sucker, it has a lot of cool features for CIH.

If only it had a masking system. It is geared toward a zooming CIH set up which IMO is completely useless with a masking panel and mount in front of the PJ.

What I think is more interesting is that with the proper masking system projector side, it is the first digital that could do CIH.

It is certainly not flawless, but it is crazy what a little over $2000 gets you these days.

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station....
View user's photo album (1 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

Mike

Yeah, my Boss wanted a PJ for his rec room so I recommended the Panasonic because projector people had them for 2200 bucks shipped. I just got done watching the snow scene in Kill Bill and was VERY impressed. This thing is very nice for the price. Off for more tweaking and viewing. Very Happy

Wow, just saying your impressed after been watching a pair of G90's for how long is something in itself. Is that "impressed" based off any type of comparison?
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
overclkr wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

Mike

Wow, just saying your impressed after been watching a pair of G90's for how long is something in itself. Is that "impressed" based off any type of comparison?

Yep. It's not bad at all. It ain't no stack, but it's pretty damn good.

Big deal breaker so far though after more time. This little bastard does NOT like my subs. Mr. Green

IT BOUNCES ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE!

I just changed the throw, did some color tweaks and am now popping in DVE to make sure my levels are ok.

Be back soon.

Cliff
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:

Big deal breaker so far though after more time. This little bastard does NOT like my subs. Mr. Green

Cliff

That doesn't surprise me...I poked my head outside a few minutes ago and could hear your subs to the west. Thumbs Up

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
overclkr wrote:

Cliff

That doesn't surprise me...I poked my head outside a few minutes ago and could hear your subs to the west. Thumbs Up

Mike

Just dont aim them suckers south. I dont want any snow down here..................... Laughing

That must be where the the dip in the jet stream is coming from. I bet if you drew a line from the dip in the stream it would come from Cliff's house... Smile
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cliff screen shot comparison time, the Moulan rouge scenes please ! Very Happy
see what that can do against the Stack!!!

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
dropzone7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how tempting it would be to hang one of those on the ceiling with a few hooks and call it a day...
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dropzone7 wrote:
Oh how tempting it would be to hang one of those on the ceiling with a few hooks and call it a day...

Judas Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least its not DLP. So, no rainbows. I am curious if you are viewing test-content at a distance for you to resolve the pixel resolution or if not at what distance. I guess what I am exploring is if the SDE is still a problem--been a while since I looked at a 3LCD.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliffy sits plenty close, 1.0x or so, so if he likes it I doubt there's any SDE problems.

But you could have convergence issues. I'm waiting for the LED DLPs that cycle the LEDs so fast that NObody will see rainbows.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for Laser PJ, but with two sets of 9 inch tubes waiting for spares it might be some new holographic type system by that time,
How long you think i can keep my 2 marquees running with 12 tubes and then 6 more used ones with about an 8-9 rating? Very Happy

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliffy commented:
> I actually wish right now that I had the Dalite High Power screen in front of me. The projector is in the perfect position for it. <

Yeah, but you'd need a really big screen then. Otherwise, you'd be blinded. My eyes! My eyes! Smile

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, getting back to the title of this thread.. I'd change the word 'special' to one in quotations.

Why? Because putting a digital in a room with a G90 stack is akin to bringing a whore to a black tie affair. Very Happy
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
BTW, getting back to the title of this thread.. I'd change the word 'special' to one in quotations.

Why? Because putting a digital in a room with a G90 stack is akin to bringing a whore to a black tie affair. Very Happy

Yes, she is my little whore. Mr. Green

Casey is coming over in a bit with his HDMI splitter so we can match the greyscale of the Panasonic to the G90's.

There are definitely things I like about it so far, but we'll see after it's color balanced how it looks.........

Cliffy
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I'm waiting for Laser PJ, but with two sets of 9 inch tubes waiting for spares it might be some new holographic type system by that time,
How long you think i can keep my 2 marquees running with 12 tubes and then 6 more used ones with about an 8-9 rating? Very Happy

Athanasios, you are an *animal*. I have no doubt that by the time you burn through those 18 tubes, you'll have figured out a way to make your own.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: