Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

How to remove a LC chamber ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: could be Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
A few pics to clarify:

PICT0506j.jpg
 Description:
side view of new tube, nothing to indicate what it is.
 Filesize:  107.88 KB
 Viewed:  7538 Time(s)

PICT0506j.jpg

PICT0505j.jpg
 Description:
new tube, it had sony elite written on the top of the lc chamber. It also has the rectangular piece stuck to the face of the tube covering the edges not stuck in the lc chamber.
 Filesize:  89.64 KB

PICT0505j.jpg

PICT0510j.jpg
 Description:
fungus lc chamber with no rectangular piece in it. This is for the new sony tube ( I think its a sony tube )
 Filesize:  236.21 KB

PICT0510j.jpg

rectangular piece.JPG
 Description:
the third piece that is on the other tube but still stuck to the old lc chamber.
 Filesize:  152.49 KB

rectangular piece.JPG

PICT0500j.jpg
 Description:
side view
 Filesize:  84.65 KB

PICT0500j.jpg

PICT0499j.jpg
 Description:
p19 old green tube
 Filesize:  84.1 KB

PICT0499j.jpg

incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: start from the bottom with the pictures Reply with quote

Start bottom up with the pic it may make more sense, sorry it uploaded in reverse order to what I expected. If you look at the new (fungus) lc chamber it has no rectangular piece in it, the piece is stuck to the frost of the tube, the old lc chamber does have this piece stuck the chamber and not the tube though so I am not sure wether its meant to be stuck to the tube or the chamber or both?
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Neckcards Reply with quote

I will check the neckcards asap, they do not look modified but may well be I have to check against the red, thanks for the suggestions gents.
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No helpful comments, but that pict499 is really sad. Why didn't they just use a 7" tube in the first place? Shocked There oughta be a law.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: I know! Reply with quote

I noticed that, the raster is so small its just silly, however the raster on the new green is practically 1mm from each edge so whoever owned this pj seems to have caught up after running it a bit too close too the edge for my liking on the new tube though.
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, too close to the edge can make geometry difficult. And increase the possibility of a "fatal error".

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: fatal error Reply with quote

i cannot remember where I read this so do not quote me! if memory serves me correctly someone said that the sony tubes have a wider bell meaning that the raster can be pushed nearer the edge than Mec tubes, how true this is I cannot say.
incova

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: the other piece Reply with quote

Lets hope this comes in the right order!

PICT0516.JPG
 Description:
The piece I was wondering about.
 Filesize:  317.75 KB
 Viewed:  6566 Time(s)

PICT0516.JPG

PICT0518a.jpg
 Description:
lc chamber with no perimeter piece for the tube to rest in.
 Filesize:  114.16 KB
 Viewed:  7470 Time(s)

PICT0518a.jpg

PICT0519a.jpg
 Description:
lc chamber with rectangular perimeter piece for the tube to rest in.
 Filesize:  103.57 KB

PICT0519a.jpg

rectangular piece.JPG
 Description:
this is the rectangular piece I was on about.
 Filesize:  152.49 KB

rectangular piece.JPG

PICT0520a.jpg
 Description:
thats the metal perimeter piece just resting next to the old mec tube. Its the black rectangular piece.
 Filesize:  101.08 KB

PICT0520a.jpg

PICT0521a.jpg
 Description:
mec tube with perimeter piece on, this piece seems to center the tubes face, this piece was on both lc chambers, actually one was stuck in the lc chamber and the other came out with the tube. Not sure if it should be on the tube or the lc chamber as a rul
 Filesize:  98.25 KB

PICT0521a.jpg

PICT0522a.jpg
 Description:
blue blue guns tube, still do not know what tube it is!
 Filesize:  129.86 KB
 Viewed:  6568 Time(s)

PICT0522a.jpg

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a p19 tube maybe. I have a p18 here and it has the same guns, and lower metal tube that the blue pieces are connected to.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
incova

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: thanks man Reply with quote

hopefully thats what the tube is, I have silicone it all now, so now I just have to wait for it to cure and hope it takes. I looked at the neckboards all three look the same, by the way I liked the article you did on the bellows for the marquee, I never could figure out what those were!
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: slight leaks in silicon Reply with quote

hey again all, I waited about 10 days for the silicon to cure and then put the glycol and c element in, everything seemed fine but then I got leaks from one side but none of the other 3 sides, should I just cut the one side out and re silicon it or take all the silicon out and do it all again?
stefuel

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be the bad guy and break the news to you. Do it all over again. You'll never get it to seal trying to patch it over.
Make sure no oily residue is on the mating surfaces when you re-glue. Sorry.

Card carrying member of the AVS chain gang.
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: thanks man Reply with quote

thanks Chip, bit of a shame as only one side is actually leaking the other three have sealed, not sure why this happened, thanks again man.
amywoods

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Alternatives at Toolstation? Reply with quote

zGman wrote:
OK, if you can't find the GE, then look for something that has a similar formulation -
most automotive and other earlier type 'silicone' sealants use an acetic acid based
hardening system (vinegar smell while curing) and these have been proven
unreliable for tubes and HV.
G

Hi all, stumbled across this thread with a similar problem in UK. Nothing at screwfix but would any of these sealants work at Toolstation? https://www.toolstation.com/search?searchstr=silicone
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: