Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe audio card

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe audio card Reply with quote

Who has one? Who has used one?

Ive got a Xonar DX, and its a big step up in terms of sound quality over the onboard sound on the GigaByte x58 EXTREME mobo. F***n huge step up infact.

The issue i have here at the moment is i wish to get another audio card cause i have a 2nd computer which will be going in the other room, which only has 5.1 sound anyway, so the Xonar DX being a 7.1 capable card would eat it no worries.

The main set up in my lounge room has got the Xonar DX hooked up to the Harman/Kardon amp via the 8 ch analog output, and also the optical output ( the 8 ch analog is slightly better, and the other connection is not 7.1 ) but the H/K wont allow me to run the 8 ch analog audio input with the video set to be HDMI.

The HDAV 1.3 will likely solve this issue due to the fact its got HDMI on it. From what i can gather, it comes out of the video card and into the sound card, then out of the sound card and off to the amp. The H/K only has 2 HDMI 1.3 inputs on it.

It also comes with a little card that has 6x RCA sockets for the 8 ch analog out ( other 2, L+R, are on the main card ), and has ArcSoft Total Media Player with it as well....

Im also lead to believe i cant get the full 7.1 surround sound off my blurays with the Xonar DX, even though its a 7.1 card, and apparently most cards wont do it and will cut bluray sound back to DVD quality...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: