Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

NEC 6PG parts...how much ??? (point board inside)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tchagui

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: NEC 6PG parts...how much ??? (point board inside) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello

After a problem with my NEC PG6000 CRT (F8 error), i've decided to sell it for parts.
it worked very fine before this problem.
I tried to change the 2 STK392-040 on the C-board an a resistor but the problem is still on it. (shut down immediately when powered, with "F8" flashing on the rear panel.
If i unplug the CA connector, it stays powered. (i think that the problem comes from the deflection board...)

Are those prices good ?

RC6011 remote : 40 Euro
Point board (PWC3718 - 72137181) : 100 Euro
Set of RGB CRT : 330 euro

ask-me if you're looking for other parts.
I live in France, so if interested, you've to add shipping costs.

Regards,

Tchagui.

Last edited by tchagui on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
lostmandan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were in North America, I would definitely consider buying the set of minty tubes. I think shipping from France to Canada would be pretty expensive Sad

If pulling the CA connector lets it run, I would recommend finding a good C-Drive PWB and getting that machine working properly again. It is one of the common boards, and really not that heavy or large. I am sure that Curt would have one and shipping would be expensive, but probably not terrible.

Regards,
Dan
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I've had lots of issues recently with the 3712 C boards. Put in a later 3857(?) board out of a + or Xtra. Shipping is cheap.
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no kidding, why tear apart a machine with such excellent tubes just because it needs a cheap and easy to find C-board. Sad
View user's photo album (2 photos)
tchagui

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I agree. I've had lots of issues recently with the 3712 C boards. Put in a later 3857(?) board out of a + or Xtra. Shipping is cheap.

Perhaps i could get a PWC-3857, but before puting it in my PG6000, you told me that i would have to change somethings on it.
And, i don't know what are the modifications needed on it.
Is it easy? only resistors to change ?

Is it possible to plug a deflection board from a PG9/6100 or PG9/6200 in a PG9/6000?
tchagui

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
no kidding, why tear apart a machine with such excellent tubes just because it needs a cheap and easy to find C-board. Sad

I didn't find the board anywhere (PWC-3712), and problem is that i'm not sure it's only the C-drive.
I'm afraid of changing the C-drive and still beeing with the PG out of order. Rolling Eyes
lostmandan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there is no guarantee that replacing the board will fix your PJ, but given the reading I have done, it definitely seems like it should be the fix. Does the PJ appear to be working properly (aside from convergence issues) with the CA connector unplugged?
tchagui

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there is no guarantee that replacing the board will fix your PJ, but given the reading I have done, it definitely seems like it should be the fix. Does the PJ appear to be working properly (aside from convergence issues) with the CA connector unplugged?

The PJ works nearly properly with CA connector unplugged.
I just noticed that there are some strange horizontal lines when the PJ is cold.
It's hard to explain (harder in my poor english language...) : There are 4 or 5 lines that flashes at the same time on the 3 tubes, but at different places. At first, i thought my RGB cable or HDfury had a problem, but the problem is still there without any source plugged.
And 5 or 10 minutes later, when the PJ becomes hot, this problem dissapears.
That's why i think the problem should come from the deflection board. (i'm very far for beeing electronical technician... Laughing )
Wink
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have at least one of each board in a 9PG left here. All of the boards come out of a fully working and tested PJ (I let it run for 50 hours before I parted it out).

I'm located in Germany.

Kai
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchagui,

I just checked and the C-Drive I have here is a PWC-3857B, Part# 72138572, ink stamp 1E7-485EM.
It came out of a working NEC PG9000.

Kai
tchagui

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kschmit2 wrote:
tchagui,

I just checked and the C-Drive I have here is a PWC-3857B, Part# 72138572, ink stamp 1E7-485EM.
It came out of a working NEC PG9000.

Kai

Are you sure that i can plug a PWC-3857B instead of a PWC-3712B without any modifications ?
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3857B C-Drive came out of a tested and fully working PG9000, and the F-Drive in that PJ was a 3712A.
I'm pretty sure that the 3857B will work just fine in your PG6000.

Anyone else think otherwise?
tchagui

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello !
Can anyone give me the weight of a CRT with or without rings on?
With those informations, i can go to the post office and ask them shipping costs to USA or Canada or elsewhere.
I've bought another projector.
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: