Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

VIM-FULLHD v3: Marquee HDMI 1.3 Input Card
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: VIM-FULLHD v3: Marquee HDMI 1.3 Input Card Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Marquee VIM-FULLHD v3 HDMI 1.3 input card with Gamma and IR remote

Click [HERE] to order directly from the manufacturer!

Priority worldwide shipping included! Payment options: Credit Card or PayPal (PayPal account *NOT* needed to pay by credit card!)

To be notified immediately of any news on this product, click HERE (you must be registered and logged in).

Upgrade your Marquee CRT projector by adding *two* HDMI 1.3 inputs with gamma correction and infrared remote control!

Don't be stuck watching PS3, Blu-ray, HD-DVD, and DVD at only 480p! Add digital HDCP-compliant HDMI 1.3 inputs allowing you to watch hi-def content at up to 1080p resolution!

Widescreen Review Magazine uses Moome HDMI cards in their reference theaters featuring Sony G90 and Runco 1200 CRT projectors. "We love our 9-inch CRT projectors, even though we have our pick of the leading edge D-ILA, SXRD, and DLP projectors." - Gary Reber, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher, Widescreen Review

The VIM-FULLHD card allows you easily add digital devices such as Blu-Ray players, PS3, Xbox360, Satellite/Cable HDTV set-top boxes, and HTPCs with HDMI graphic cards (to name a few) to your Sony CRT projector. Simply plug the card into your projector, your DVI/HDMI devices into the card, and watch!

This product is a culmination of everything Moome has learnt over years of building DVI/HDMI input cards for CRT projectors. It is by far the highest end Sony card he has yet to offer with new features such as: Two 100% HDMI 1.3 compliant inputs for Deep Colour support, better discrete 14bit D/A converters, faster 1GHz output buffer, and better op-amps for the best image quality possible!

Supply is limited and tends to sell out fast as this high-end product for the discriminating videophile is only built in small batches. This is the last HDMI input card you will ever buy for your Marquee CRT projector!

Need to add an HDMI switcher or HDMI cables? See our recommended HDMI switchers & cables.

Works with all Electrohome Marquee CRT projectors and clones:
  • Marquee 8000, 8110, 8110+, 8500, 8500LC, 8500LC Ultra, 9000, 9500LC, 9500LC Ultra
  • Accurate Imaging Technologies Accurate 8, 9, XL
  • Accurate Imaging Technologies Integrated 8
  • Accurate Imaging Technologies Modular 8,9
  • Accurate Imaging Technologies Ultimate 8-X, 9-X
  • Crystal View CV-1, CV-2, CV-3
  • GTT Audio Video HT Reference 8, 9
  • Madrigal MP-8, MP-9
  • Reference Imaging CinePro 8x, 9x, 9x Elite
  • Spatz Tech RE8000, RE9000, RE9500
  • Theater Automation Wow (TAW) HD-800, HD-900
  • Vidikron Vision 1, 2, 3
  • Visual Dynamics Reference 8/9
Also works with the Marquee switcher.

Manual

The VIM-FULLHD v3 user manual/data sheet can be found here. (PDF format)

What's new in Version 3?

The new version 3 board adds the following new features:

Marquee switcher support: You can now use the card in a Marquee switch box instead of directly in the projector. Older cards did not work in Marquee switchers. Please refer to the manual for the special DIP switch settings.

DTS-HD / Dolby True HD lossless audio support: Allows you to use an HDMI receiver or pre-amp between your Blu-ray player and projector to decode lossless audio. Previously this did not work correctly due to the HDMI card's EDID. The EDID has now been updated so this will work.

Cleaner video power: A large coil filter has been added to clean up the video power, further reducing image noise.

Manual selection of input color mode: The previous card auto-detected the colour space. While this typically works correctly, some users like to be able to force the colour space mode. This is now possible using 4 new buttons on the remote:

Button 4: Auto Detect Input Colour Space
Button 5: Set Input Color Space at YCbCr 422
Button 6: Set Input Color Space at YCbCr 444
Button 7: Set Input Color Space at RGB 444

Remote control beep confirmation: In the past it was difficult to know if the card is receiving the signals when you press buttons on the remote. The card now 'beeps' every time you press a button to give you positive feedback.

What's new in Version 2?

Complete information on the changes can be found in the Moome v2 card comparison document (PDF format). Below is a quick summary:

Gamma: Improved Gamma for more linear greyscale (changes suggested by Walter/WTS)
Sharpness: Sharper Image (changes suggested by Mike Parker)
Picture purity: Cleaner/Less noise (changes suggested by Mike Parker)
Super White: Now Supports Super White for higher dynamic range
Stability: ESD enhanced to prevent electrostatic discharge

Features
  • Two HDMI 1.3 inputs
  • Supports deep color mode for 10bit and 12bit
  • HDMI 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ,HDCP 1.1, and DVI 1.0 compliant
  • DTV mode support (480P,576P,720P,1080i,1080p) at 50, 60, 72, and 75Hz refresh rates for all resolutions.
  • PC mode support VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA etc.
  • Supports 4:4:4 RGB / YCbCr input
  • Supports 4:2:2 YCbCr input
  • Supports both 16-235 and 0-255 color range and auto selects the correct range
  • NEW!14bit Data processing with three high precision 200MHz 14bit DACs for conversion to analog RGB
  • NEW! Improved advanced gamma boost for perfect shadow details and gamma tracking
  • NEW! Improved adjustable white level (contrast) boost for output from 0.7V-1.0V for perfectly matching a display's expected input voltage
  • NEW! High speed 1.5GHz output Buffer
  • Supports 120Hz at 720P and 1080i
  • Toslink output, supporting up to 2 channels of PCM (uncompressed) or 8 channels of compressed audio (This is a convenience only feature. You do not need to pass the audio through the VIM-FULLHD. Most people will connect their source devices directly to their receivers with SPDIF or HDMI cables).
  • IR control for input selection and gamma level
  • NEW! Ultra low EST capacitors to filter noise providing an extremely clean image.
  • NEW! ESD improved to prevent electrostatic discharge damage while plugging in HDMI cables

Pictures

FAQ

How easy it is to install and setup?
Installation and setup takes 5 minutes: You simply slide the card into an available slot at the back of your Marquee CRT projector and connect your sources devices with HDMI cables. That's it!

What's adjustable gamma correction? What does it do? Why would I need it?
Many displays (and pretty much all CRT projectors) require a gamma boost to show perfect shadow details. Without this adjustment, dark details in the picture will be lost. To adjust gamma see the manual (below). For a complete explanation of Gamma Correction, please see this thread.

Can you set different gamma correction for the two HDMI inputs?
No. there is one gamma adjustment setting. It is used for both inputs.

How do I adjust gamma on this card?
Put up a stair step pattern from a disc, use the screw and turn gamma counter clockwise to the lowest posistion (the multi-turn screw has no stop point - turn it until it starts clicking slightly). Then use the remote to increase gamma while showing the pattern, then if you want more use the screw to fine tune it, turn it very little.
You may also refer to the manual (below). The Gamma Tuning Guide for Moome products may also prove useful.

Can I add an HDMI switcher or receiver before the VIM-FULLHD?
Yes! If you have more than two HDMI sources you may add an HDMI switcher (see this thread for recommendations) or an HDMI switching receiver before the VIM-FULLHD.

What's the contrast adjustment for?
The contrast adjustment pot allows you to vary the video signal output voltage from 0.7V all the way up to 1.0V. The control is a multi-turn pot with 30 turns. Turn it counter-clockwise 30 times to set the contrast level to 0.7V which is the normal output level used by most devices (you will know once you've reached the end as the control will make a little click at each turn). This is the normal setting that most people should use. This is an advanced feature. On some setups a hotter (ie: higher voltage) signal may have benefits so this control lets you taylor the output voltage to suite your needs. On most displays turning up the voltage is almsot the same as simply turning up the contrast slightly. This added control lets advanced users fine tune the output if needed.

Reviews/Testimonials

See the VIM-FULLHD order page for reviews/testimonials.

Glossary

Questions should be directed to Moome at: MoomeCard@CurtPalme.com

Click [HERE] to order directly from the manufacturer!

Note: This item is not sold or supported by CurtPalme.com! When purchasing you will be paying and dealing directly with the third party seller/manufacturer.

DISCLAIMER: Any dealings with the third party seller/manufacturer listed here, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the third party seller/manufacturer. Curtpalme.com shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.

CURTPALME.COM IS NOT THE SELLER OR MANUFACTURER OF THESE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER MAY HAVE PROVIDED A WARRANTY ON THE GOOD(S) PURCHASED. CURTPALME.COM HAS NOT MADE, AND DOES NOT MAKE, ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE OR COVENANT, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, CAPABILITY, FUNCTION, PERFORMANCE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT, ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUYER AGREES THAT CURTPALME.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR EITHER SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE OR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, TAMPERING, ABUSE, DAMAGE, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF BUYER'S PURCHASE OF THE EQUIPMENT, ANY DEFECTS IN THE EQUIPMENT, OR FAILURE OF SELLER/MANUFACTURER TO TIMELY DELIVER THE EQUIPMENT.

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:33 pm; edited 14 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many is Moome making?

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he said 50.

Edit: Just checked and yup, he said 50. Pretty small batch!

Kal

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm should I wait for a second batch to be made or order now? I wonder how much more of an improvement it will be for the marquee, Any Sony owners who had the old moome card and now have the new one make a comment on any improvements they see.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small batches....high prices....that pretty much excludes the casual hobbyist from the moome owners club. Thumbs Down

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i realized it was from DVI to HDMI, that is why i am inquiring about the new HDMI for the old HDMI cards.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Yes i realized it was from DVI to HDMI, that is why i am inquiring about the new HDMI for the old HDMI cards.

Athanasios

Hey Athanasios, if you want to buy me the New Moome 2008 HDMIx2 1.3 card I'll gladly review it for you with screen shots and HDFury comparisons even. Mr. Green

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this weren't so far off as I need one sooner. I am going to have to go with the EXT for one of my customers. Next time for sure if they are still available.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
robertmejia

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I really need to know is, should I connect my Blu-ray via HDMI connection to my Anthem AVM50 audio/video processor and THEN to the Moome VIM-FullHD module, rather than directly to the Moome module.

Robert

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just try it both ways and see which you like best.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Gino

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far away are these?

Is there a way to disable the contrast and gamma adjustments like you could on moome's previous cards?

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gino wrote:
How far away are these?

Moome said early December originally (about a month ago) and I waited a long time before putting the pre-order up and say that they're coming out end of December instead. Knowing Moome it'll probably be January. Wink

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up guys:

Moome's having a December sale on all of his cards/products including this one.
For full details, see: http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTforSale.shtm#Moome

Kal

P.S. The bad news - he emailed me today to say that the first batch of VIM-FULLHD cards will be delayed until January.

Ohmess

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Timing? Reply with quote

Hi Kal -- any update on timing?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email from a customer to let me know that he has received his Marquee VIM-FULLHD card. So they're definitely shipping now!

Kal

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Got an email from a customer to let me know that he has received his Marquee VIM-FULLHD card. So they're definitely shipping now!

Kal

Yes, he posted on AVS about it on a anger thread about moome Wink

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Jim in Cincy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
kal wrote:

Kal

Athanasios

Yes, it was me who emailed Kal to say I received my card. To make things clear, there is a thread at AVS about how difficult it was for the poster to get his card fixed or even an email response from Moome. One person noted there had been problems with his email address, and Curt noted that it was Chinese New Year so that might explain why he hadn't heard back. I posted that I received my card to show that Moome is working on taking care of his customers. The original post was negative but the other five posts were positive. So, I wouldn't necessarily call the thread an "anger thread".

I just want to make it clear that I was not contributing to an "anger thread"; I wouldn't have paid $430 if I thought badly of Moome.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1112711
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim in Cincy wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
kal wrote:

Kal

Athanasios

Yes, it was me who emailed Kal to say I received my card. To make things clear, there is a thread at AVS about how difficult it was for the poster to get his card fixed or even an email response from Moome. One person noted there had been problems with his email address, and Curt noted that it was Chinese New Year so that might explain why he hadn't heard back. I posted that I received my card to show that Moome is working on taking care of his customers. The original post was negative but the other five posts were positive. So, I wouldn't necessarily call the thread an "anger thread".

I just want to make it clear that I was not contributing to an "anger thread"; I wouldn't have paid $430 if I thought badly of Moome.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1112711

Sorry if it came across as you were the one who was angry, Most people here know how Moome operates
And are very patient in waiting for a product that basically only he can provide. I applaud his efforts and hope that he keeps up with his research and ability to bring a top notch modern product to an older technology that we all love dearly. long Live CRT and Moome!!

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome's recently changed his 'regular' email to one through Gmail which should be more reliable than the taiwanese one he was using before. He indicated that before he was having lots of problems with mail going lost. I also noticed that every message I sent to him would seem to bounce but he's usually get it.

So now his moome@curtpalme.com email address automatically redirects to his new gmail address.

That being said, while Moome's known to always follow up and help his customers, he's typically not the fastest person to deal with. it usually takes a few days before you get a response. Something to keep in mind.

Kal

deewaan1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I just installed my moome and I noticed the link 1 red led is on. I can't find any info as to what this means. The manual doesn't have any trouble shooting info. Anyone know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14
Jump to: