Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

VIM-FULLHD v3: Marquee HDMI 1.3 Input Card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
If you connected to the hdmi 1 port then that be it or its the one that is active and ready to accept input, the green lets you know when a signal is transmitting(at least its that on the old one)

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
deewaan1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that was it. I guess I was looking at the back when I had my PS3 off. It goes green when th esignal is transmitting. Thanks!
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a limited time, Moome's dropped the price on his NEC XG and Marquee HDMI input cards by $50!

Click [HERE] to order the XG-FULLHD NEC XG HDMI card

Click [HERE] to order the Marquee VIM-FULLHD HDMI card

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
schmoe

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is there any money back guarantee on this like there is with the HDFury2? Thanks.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not officially but I am sure if your not happy he would..but dont quote me.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
moome

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
not officially but I am sure if your not happy he would..but dont quote me.

Athanasios

1yr warranty
full return
thanks
Moome
schmoe

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi moome,

Can you tell me what level of testing you did with the VIM-FULHD and custom 1080p timings? I need to run a non-standard 1080p timing (e.g. H-Front: 86, H-Sync: 96, H-Shift: 336, V-Front: 1, V-Sync: 5, V-Back: 38) and I want to make sure this will work OK with the VIM card. I'm having trouble using this setting with HDFury2 and I need an alternative.

Thanks,
Joe
moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe:
it should be ok, but why you need special timing? you can buy a VIM, if you can not work, just send back to us, just need pay the shipping~
schmoe

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need the special timing because Marquees do not handle standard 1080p timings properly. One of two problems occur:
1. In Long Retrace, a significant chunk of the left side of the image is cut off.
2. In Short Retrace, you get jail-bar ringing on the left side of the screen.
The solution to both options is to adjust the timing to add more porch pixels.
schmoe

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just wanted to chime in about my very happy experience so far with Moome. Placed my order last Saturday, got a shipping confirmation mail on Sunday, and the unit was in my hands by Friday (yesterday). Amazing turn around time for something that ships from Taiwan. Installation was a breeze. So far it seems to work just great with my custom 1080p timings. I'm still testing, but so far it's passed all the tests I know of where other products have had trouble. It seems like a solid product. Next I'll be playing with Gamma and Contrast. Thanks for the great product and service!
marc

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say I have now the card installed. The picture is better than what I had before, but there seems to be a problem. When I turn off the projector from the projector's control and when I try to turn it back on there is no image, I can't even see the projectors on-screen menu system. I have found that if I turn off the source (an apple TV) and disconnect the hdmi cable from your card, when I turn on the projector the image comes back.

There is also a problem when I set the AppleTV to 1080p HD, there are jaggies in the image. the image is perfect when i set it to 1080i HD. But this might be a problem with my appleTV and not the card.

Do you have any ideas on these problems?
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc wrote:
There is also a problem when I set the AppleTV to 1080p HD, there are jaggies in the image. the image is perfect when i set it to 1080i HD. But this might be a problem with my appleTV and not the card.

apple TV? try a normal source and see what happens. You can get something like a Sharp Aquos BD player for $136. My friend has one and it's working well for him with a Marquee 8500 & Moome VIM 1.3.
Both of your problems seem source related
View user's photo album (2 photos)
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc wrote:
I just wanted to say I have now the card installed. The picture is better than what I had before, but there seems to be a problem. When I turn off the projector from the projector's control and when I try to turn it back on there is no image, I can't even see the projectors on-screen menu system. I have found that if I turn off the source (an apple TV) and disconnect the hdmi cable from your card, when I turn on the projector the image comes back.

for the question 1, when you turn off the projector and keep hdmi source turned on, does any led light up on the card?
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schmoe wrote:
Hi, just wanted to chime in about my very happy experience so far with Moome. Placed my order last Saturday, got a shipping confirmation mail on Sunday, and the unit was in my hands by Friday (yesterday). Amazing turn around time for something that ships from Taiwan. Installation was a breeze. So far it seems to work just great with my custom 1080p timings. I'm still testing, but so far it's passed all the tests I know of where other products have had trouble. It seems like a solid product. Next I'll be playing with Gamma and Contrast. Thanks for the great product and service!

so do you have any problem with image shift left problem?
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
marc wrote:

apple TV? try a normal source and see what happens. You can get something like a Sharp Aquos BD player for $136. My friend has one and it's working well for him with a Marquee 8500 & Moome VIM 1.3.
Both of your problems seem source related

if your friend's VIM-FULLHD bought before August, he can ship back to upgrade to get more sharper image~
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moome wrote:
if your friend's VIM-FULLHD bought before August, he can ship back to upgrade to get more sharper image~
I'm not sure, he bought it very recently and put it in one of my re-built Marquee's.
I've been meaning to ask about the upgraded full HD card, do they all have the Mike Parker upgrade now? I'm still running the old V1.2 but would like to get the new one.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
moome wrote:
I'm not sure, he bought it very recently and put it in one of my re-built Marquee's.
I've been meaning to ask about the upgraded full HD card, do they all have the Mike Parker upgrade now? I'm still running the old V1.2 but would like to get the new one.

This is next on my list. Mike Parker has my VIM and Neckboards to add the video path he is using to take the screen shots in the other thread.

Then this new Moome card. The image I saw on Mike's screen really blew me away. I sure hope it's not tied to tightly to the focus coils. Wink

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
dturco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's my card? I ordered it yesterday, why isn't it here yet? Laughing

Just joking Moome.

I am waiting patiently for this upgrade to arrive. This should be a huge improvement for me, judging from what I saw at Mike Parkers place.

I will now have the same video chain Mike is running ..... Upgraded to the Latest and greatest M/P VIM, Neckboards ,and the mighty new MOOME 1.3 card Thumbs Up Mr. Green

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dturco wrote:
Where's my card? I ordered it yesterday, why isn't it here yet? Laughing

Just joking Moome.

I am waiting patiently for this upgrade to arrive. This should be a huge improvement for me, judging from what I saw at Mike Parkers place.

I will now have the same video chain Mike is running ..... Upgraded to the Latest and greatest M/P VIM, Neckboards ,and the mighty new MOOME 1.3 card Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Isn't that the new Moome 1.3mp card?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
dturco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is, but Moome said in the last screenshot thread MP suggestions, not MP card..... sooo....?

Mighty Moome 1.3 full hd vim with suggested MP circuits?

Dun da da dah. Oh no its him. Captain Chaos. Ha ha ha ha heheh Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14
Jump to: